2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Of course highlight videos aren't telling you the whole story, but nobody else in the country was having games like these other than 22 year old Obi Toppin. He has the body, he has the athleticism. Jumper doesn't need re-working. He was the 4th ranked player in his HS class. It's not some fluke.

Of course highlight videos aren't telling you the whole story, but nobody else in the country was having games like these other than 22 year old Obi Toppin. He has the body, he has the athleticism. Jumper doesn't need re-working. He was the 4th ranked player in his HS class. It's not some fluke.

I dunno maybe im just down on these types of players, but seems like a lot of these games is him getting hot from 3.

Look if Anthony Edwards becomes a 40% 3 point shooter, I will 100% be wrong.

At some point in time I truly believe Anthony Edwards will get to the hoop easier than every player y’all compared him to....not saying he’ll be better but boy is built different than the rest

I dunno maybe im just down on these types of players, but seems like a lot of these games is him getting hot from 3.

LOL nobody is saying he is going to be a 40% 3 point shooter. Just a few posts ago though you said Lamelo would be an all-star level player if he shot THIRTY THREE PERCENT from 3.

mitchell has never sniffed 40% from 3. His success hinges more on him getting to the line than reaching a 3point %

Hope you know about Caleb Houstan who plays for Monteverde he’s gonna be a problem

yeah he played FIBA u16 he was quite good. he's not the type of player i enjoy watching unless he's developed a lot in high school

so i doubt im going to suffer through watching college basketball just to watch him. :lol:

His team ran a weave at the top of the key every possession then gave it to him to chuck up a contested shot ...Yo still averaged 19 despite all this

okay ill take you're word for it.

if yall think he's got star potential but if yall just think hes gunna be a solid starter, or sub all star I wouldn't take him 1.

okay ill take you're word for it.

if yall think he's got star potential but if yall just think hes gunna be a solid starter, or sub all star I wouldn't take him 1.
He has a better chance at being an all star than anyone else in the draft. That’s really all it is.

IMO, RJ Barrett would be the #1 pick if he were in THIS draft. Take him, Ja, and Zion out of last year’s draft and that is what this year’s draft looks like. It’s just weak with top flight, all-star caliber talent. Still probably a bunch of rotation guys in it like last year though.

IMO, RJ Barrett would be the #1 pick if he were in THIS draft. Take him, Ja, and Zion out of last year’s draft and that is what this year’s draft looks like. It’s just weak with top flight, all-star caliber talent. Still probably a bunch of rotation guys in it like last year though.
I would still take Edwards ova RJ ...wasn’t super high on him, figured he”ll be the solid do a little bit of everything type

Tbh RJ has looked better than what I expected when we drafted him. He showed all the signs I needed to see as a rookie. Including improvement as the season went on.

-Took over a handful of games
-Hit the 3 ball (although inconsistently)
-Drove right more often than not

He's got this weird gift of being slow with no wiggle really, but he still gets to the rack somewhat easily. I'd give him a B- rookie season, and alot of that had to do with sharing the court with barely any shooters, no other playmakers, and Julius Randle.

He has a better chance at being an all star than anyone else in the draft. That’s really all it is.

It seems to me that the most valuable thing is guys who can create at all 3 levels for themselves and others

in a weak draft ill roll the dice on anyone if I think there is even a semi realistic chance they might be able to do it.

So to me that puts Lamelo Ball, Deni Avdija, and Kilian Hayes above Anthony Edwards.

even if their floors or median outcome might be lower.

Back
Top Bottom