2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Daaamn he got Tyrrell Terry as a top 10 prospect.
Bout to be alotta ppl just mixing it up for content...Starting a lil earlier this year and especially with the talent pool in this draft ...But yea those rankings and strengths/weaknesses were a lil all ova the place :lol:

I mean, he's got a lot of "unexpected" names in unexpected places but in this draft with these circumstances nothing is surprising

Bout to be alotta ppl just mixing it up for content...Starting a lil earlier this year and especially with the talent pool in this draft ...But yea those rankings and strengths/weaknesses were a lil all ova the place :lol:
I like how his first two comps out the gate were skin tone and left handed comps

Killian Hayes- Ratsull and Manu
Melo- White chocolate (be real he's a light skin brotha) and Livingston

:lol:

Highest I've seen Vassell. Was watching some videos on him the other day. Like what I see. Game looks smooth. Don't understand the Thighbull comp given he has zero offensive ability whatsoever.

Highest I've seen Vassell. Was watching some videos on him the other day. Like what I see. Game looks smooth. Don't understand the Thighbull comp given he has zero offensive ability whatsoever.
Close in height and they play defense, that’s it...Don’t think I’ve ever seen Thuybul actually get a bucket in college or the league :lol:

Already knew he had Hayes at the top of his board. He really likes the strides Hayes has made over the last year. Don't mind the comps because IMO you have to compare lefties to other lefties. Was (a bit) more realistic by not just going with Harden.

Top 5 Okongwu :pimp:

Don't know anything about Tyrell Terry, but he's TINY.

Feel like Obi Toppin is Rui Hachimura 2.0 with more comfort shooting 3s.

Has Avdija lower than all other mocks. Don't like what I'm reading about his shooting. That's worrisome.

Bigs outside of the lottery...

This is where I'm taking swings at bigs that can hopefully be productive role players at some point. I tend to value the more skilled ones over the effort guys that may have better college production. Jalen Smith and Aleksej Pokusevski seem like the most skilled in this range to me.

Jalen Smith- Still feel like he's getting undervalued. He's going to struggle with the physical bigs and needs to improve defending in space, but he's a good shot blocker and rebounder. 41% from 3 and 76% from the line. Smaller Myles Turner or a Maxi Kleber/Dwight Powell combo. Just seems like a guy you can easily plug and play in modern lineups like we talked about in here the other day.

Aleksej Pokusevski- Youngest player projected in the first round. Looks very comfortable dribbling/passing/shooting for someone his size. Probably has the widest range of outcomes due to his ability or inability to put on weight/muscle. Already looks more fluid than someone like Dragon Bender who is at the bottom of KOC's projected outcomes. I think the Lamar Odom comp could be possible if he can put on a moderate amount of muscle.

A tier below those two, I'd have Daniel Oturu and Xavier Tillman.

The next few bigs all seem more like energy guys that are a bit easier to find- Precious Achiuwa, Isaiah Stewart, Paul Reed, Zeke Nnaji. If one of these guys turns into a Montrezl-type then you have gold. Probably a small chance of that happening though.

Have Vernon Carey in his own category. Just feel like he's the Jahlil Okafor/Enes Kanter type. Good interior scorer and rebounder. Can't defend. Really only valuable as change of pace. Some teams could value this more than others.

Amare Stoudemire on Offesne and Jahill Oakafor on defense is one weird comparison

Tough time for recruits. No one knows when college or even sports are gonna resume.

related but they are voting next month to waive the transfer rule. My opinion is with no live period/minimal contact during the season it’s harder to recruit the unsigned guys and it’s easier to just get on synergy find a transfer.

810946BF-92BA-4417-90CC-ADEF65AD4AA6.gif

MY Mock Lotto

1. Golden State- Anthony Edwards
Will be able to provide a good scoring punch off the bench and focus on defense. Can hopefully be future franchise cornerstone when the Splash Bros era is over.

2. Cleveland- Lamelo Ball
Primary ball handler with size, which they don't currently have in their backcourt. Move Garland to the bench or try to ship him out for a wing.

3. Minnesota- Onyeka Okongwu
Team sucks defensively and he projects to be one of the best defensive players in the draft. Pairs nicely with KAT.

4. Atlanta- Tyrese Haliburton
Secondary playmaker with good size, jack of all trades. Good defender. Can allow Tray to play off ball at times and can run offense when he's not on the court.

5. Detroit- Killian Hayes
Team is in dire need of a backcourt playmaker. Hayes has good size and fits the bill. Will be a high level PnR guard with Blake and Wood. High upside if he can be a legit scoring threat in it too.

6. New York- Cole Anthony
Feel like he's much better than what he showed at UNC in a not so great situation. Knicks need a PG. Hometown kid with a nice combo of dribble package, athleticism, finishing, shooting. All-star ceiling, IMO. Really good rotational scorer as a floor.

7. Chicago- Devin Vassell
2nd best wing in the draft behind Edwards. Good shooter and defender. Fits this team's needs perfectly.

8. Charlotte- James Wiseman
Only true big on the roster is Cody Zeller and he's going to be in the final year of his contract. Wiseman can be their starting C for the next 8+ years.

9. Washington- Isaac Okoro
Wiz were one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Enter the best wing defender in the draft. Team is good offensively, especially when Wall comes back, and Okoro should be able to see big minutes right away and do the dirty work.

10. Phoenix- Tyrese Maxey
Think he has more to his game than what we saw at UK, similar to his new teammate Devin Booker. Could be the dynamic guard that they've been looking for.

11. San Antonio- Obi Toppin
Team basically needs everything. Feel like he's the BPA at this point and it's probably good value. At worst, he's going to be a good rotational player.

12. Sacramento- Deni Avdija
Potential to be a secondary playmaker with good size alongside Starfox. His shooting worries me, but at this point the the potential fit and upside is too high to pass up.

13. New Orleans- RJ Hampton
Can potentially be the successor to Jrue Holiday. Good size and athleticism. Pels don't really need a "true PG" with the combo of Lonzo/Ingram/Zion out there.

14. Portland- Saddiq Bey
Team sorely needs wings. One of the best 3 and D guys in the draft at your service. Villanova has put together a nice track record of producing solid rotation guys.

MY Mock Lotto

1. Golden State- Anthony Edwards
Will be able to provide a good scoring punch off the bench and focus on defense. Can hopefully be future franchise cornerstone when the Splash Bros era is over.

2. Cleveland- Lamelo Ball
Primary ball handler with size, which they don't currently have in their backcourt. Move Garland to the bench or try to ship him out for a wing.

3. Minnesota- Onyeka Okongwu
Team sucks defensively and he projects to be one of the best defensive players in the draft. Pairs nicely with KAT.

4. Atlanta- Tyrese Haliburton
Secondary playmaker with good size, jack of all trades. Good defender. Can allow Tray to play off ball at times and can run offense when he's not on the court.

5. Detroit- Killian Hayes
Team is in dire need of a backcourt playmaker. Hayes has good size and fits the bill. Will be a high level PnR guard with Blake and Wood. High upside if he can be a legit scoring threat in it too.

6. New York- Cole Anthony
Feel like he's much better than what he showed at UNC in a not so great situation. Knicks need a PG. Hometown kid with a nice combo of dribble package, athleticism, finishing, shooting. All-star ceiling, IMO. Really good rotational scorer as a floor.

7. Chicago- Devin Vassell
2nd best wing in the draft behind Edwards. Good shooter and defender. Fits this team's needs perfectly.

8. Charlotte- James Wiseman
Only true big on the roster is Cody Zeller and he's going to be in the final year of his contract. Wiseman can be their starting C for the next 8+ years.

9. Washington- Isaac Okoro
Wiz were one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Enter the best wing defender in the draft. Team is good offensively, especially when Wall comes back, and Okoro should be able to see big minutes right away and do the dirty work.

10. Phoenix- Tyrese Maxey
Think he has more to his game than what we saw at UK, similar to his new teammate Devin Booker. Could be the dynamic guard that they've been looking for.

11. San Antonio- Obi Toppin
Team basically needs everything. Feel like he's the BPA at this point and it's probably good value. At worst, he's going to be a good rotational player.

12. Sacramento- Deni Avdija
Potential to be a secondary playmaker with good size alongside Starfox. His shooting worries me, but at this point the the potential fit and upside is too high to pass up.

13. New Orleans- RJ Hampton
Can potentially be the successor to Jrue Holiday. Good size and athleticism. Pels don't really need a "true PG" with the combo of Lonzo/Ingram/Zion out there.

14. Portland- Saddiq Bey
Team sorely needs wings. One of the best 3 and D guys in the draft at your service. Villanova has put together a nice track record of producing solid rotation guys.

I can’t do Haliburton in the top 5 and definitely not ATL. no shade, just my opinion

Jalen Green not playing college ball I see.:nerd:

It's it turns out the free market might end up forcing colleges to pay the players.

With social media, instagram, the exposure you get from college ball aint a good enough deal for top prospects.

Back
Top Bottom