2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

lol NCAA gunna have to break something off,

unless college fans really don't care about the talent level they have to watch every year. :lol:

Not surprised he didn’t go the NCAA route. He would go to the Philippines every year because he wanted to “build his brand”.

There’s gonna be an unprecedented amount of tampering next year I assume

I can’t do Haliburton in the top 5 and definitely not ATL. no shade, just my opinion
I honestly think ATL is going to come away with Edwards, whether it be getting lucky with the lottery, or via trade. Could totally see the Warriors getting the top pick and flipping it for Atlanta's pick and Huerter or something like that.

For the sake of this though, I think Haliburton fits perfectly with that Atlanta team. I totally get that he doesn't have the upside that you might want at that pick though. Would you prefer Hayes, who has a higher upside but lower floor? Or go big with Wiseman and try to move Capela?

Haliburton is a can't fail guy, IMO. For a team that already has a young Steph Curry and better Porzingis in place, I think you need someone that can really complement them, and can't afford to screw up.

I honestly think ATL is going to come away with Edwards, whether it be getting lucky with the lottery, or via trade. Could totally see the Warriors getting the top pick and flipping it for Atlanta's pick and Huerter or something like that.

For the sake of this though, I think Haliburton fits perfectly with that Atlanta team. I totally get that he doesn't have the upside that you might want at that pick though. Would you prefer Hayes, who has a higher upside but lower floor? Or go big with Wiseman and try to move Capela?

Haliburton is a can't fail guy, IMO. For a team that already has a young Steph Curry and better Porzingis in place, I think you need someone that can really complement them, and can't afford to screw up.

If hayes is there you take him. The wing rotation was awful last year and I don’t think Atlanta is good enough to be drafting on fit. I mess with Trae but he isn’t moving the needle himself. Two playmakers would help that team out tremendously.

I’m cool on Haliburton in the top 10 really. I personally gotta swing for the fences even in a bad draft.

If hayes is there you take him. The wing rotation was awful last year and I don’t think Atlanta is good enough to be drafting on fit. I mess with Trae but he isn’t moving the needle himself. Two playmakers would help that team out tremendously.

I’m cool on Haliburton in the top 10 really. I personally gotta swing for the fences even in a bad draft.
I don't think any of the wings outside of Edwards are close to as good as Hunter/Reddish/Huerter. MAYBE Vassell.

PG-heavy draft, and I don't think ATL can afford to take a small one given how pathetic Ice Tray is defensively. Because of what HE is (very high usage with awful defense), I think you absolutely have to take fit into consideration, which is one of my "issues" with Tray anyways. I think I'm going to get something around 14/5/5 with good defense from Haliubrton for a long time in the league. Doesn't have the ceiling that Hayes might have, but his floor is significantly higher, IMO. I don't really get how a primary ball handler lacking athleticism like Hayes develops alongside Tray. Think it would be one of the worst fits for him, tbh.

I don't think any of the wings outside of Edwards are close to as good as Hunter/Reddish/Huerter. MAYBE Vassell.

PG-heavy draft, and I don't think ATL can afford to take a small one given how pathetic Ice Tray is defensively. Because of what HE is (very high usage with awful defense), I think you absolutely have to take fit into consideration, which is one of my "issues" with Tray anyways. I think I'm going to get something around 14/5/5 with good defense from Haliubrton for a long time in the league. Doesn't have the ceiling that Hayes might have, but his floor is significantly higher, IMO. I don't really get how a primary ball handler lacking athleticism like Hayes develops alongside Tray. Think it would be one of the worst fits for him, tbh.

I don’t see how people say Hayes is lacking athleticism. Is he Edwards? No but he’s got the same change of speed/burst of a CJ McCollum. And he’s 6’5”. Part of ATLs problem last year is that their wings couldn’t consistently create when teams doubled Trae. OKC took the best guys and figured it out. That’s my thinking.

I don’t see Haliburton getting you 14 a game considering he can’t beat anyone off the dribble and didn’t sniff the foul line in college. To keep it a bean the last 2 PGs at Iowa state did what he did

I'd be shocked if the Warriors didn't trade down in order to acquire an extra piece or two to build their bench although I do think Edwards would be perfectly fine there.

The Warriors can also go big game hunting.

Use the Iguodala Trade Exception to acquire another big salary ( ~$17M) then combine that with the pick to get a player.

Not surprised he didn’t go the NCAA route. He would go to the Philippines every year because he wanted to “build his brand”.

Couple of my friends saw him play at a tournament held there and they were in awe. Dude played against college-bound players and still put up great stats.

As long as he doesn’t get involved with the Gilas program, he’s good man. That program is too political :lol:

EDIT: that time when Gilas couldn’t prove Jordan Clarkson had a Philippine passport since 12 so they forged a copy of it :rofl:

Last edited:
lol NCAA gunna have to break something off,

unless college fans really don't care about the talent level they have to watch every year. :lol:
Real college fans don’t care, they only worried bout the program and coaches ...Let em have the multiple year cats like how it’s supposed to be

Hawks need size and versatility on the wing or another ball handler/playmaker ...Edwards or Ball is who they should be hoping for, and maybe a stretch in Anthony for buckets off the bench super 6th man type ...anybody else at the top, might as well try to trade for a solid vet which they need

B Sox B Sox : What you think of Zona center Zeke Nnaji

Was the best player on the team. Good energy guy that gets to the line at a good rate. Shoots 76% from the stripe. Doesn't really protect the rim. Maybe some team in the 20s thinks he can develop into a Harrell type. Think he probably lands in the 30s though.

The Warriors can also go big game hunting.

Use the Iguodala Trade Exception to acquire another big salary ( ~$17M) then combine that with the pick to get a player.

There is no way whoever the Warriors get in the top 5 is actually playing for the Warriors. This is exactly what they’re doing.

I haven't seen Makur Maker's name on a single mock. He might as well hop on that G-League AAU team w/ Green and Todd and look to 2021.

Back
Top Bottom