2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Never thought Duke was the right fit for Cam. When K signed the other two guys I felt wrong system and wrong team makeup for him to shine consistently. Think he just needs more freedom to do his thing. For sure needs to bring it the whole game, every game.

Read more of those scout's takes on prospects, what are the red flag character concerns that they talk about for Bol Bol? Multiple scouts mentioned that and him not being passionate about ball.

Read more of those scout's takes on prospects, what are the red flag character concerns that they talk about for Bol Bol? Multiple scouts mentioned that and him not being passionate about ball.

He so slow, won’t defend at the next level at all.

Iffy motor on top of not being able to play defense at all. Add injury risks and it's a whole cocktail of issues to overlook but his numbers speak for themselves

He'll likely be a first rounder but it would take a gutsy GM to take him in the lotto imo

I'm higher than most on RJ.

His scoring instincts for someone his age are very impressive. When he's bricking he's still involved in the game with his passing/rebounding.

RJ showing me something

Edit: Impressive pick & roll vision right there.

Last edited:
Full disclosure I have watched ZERO Duke games this year, but every quote I see from Reddish is regarding how much they miss Zion out there. Excuse me? Suck it up and get it done. It's Vtech for gods sake, if I'm a gm I stay away off that alone.

Full disclosure I have watched ZERO Duke games this year, but every quote I see from Reddish is regarding how much they miss Zion out there. Excuse me? Suck it up and get it done. It's Vtech for gods sake, if I'm a gm I stay away off that alone.

1) like you said-watched zero games
2) the team is missing a key piece and a friend, of course an 18 year old kid is going to say that. Much like nba players do when a key contributor is out.
3) “It’s va tech for God’s sake” by that you mean a top 20 opponent who only has 6 losses on the season with one of the best big men in the country? Not to mention one hell of a coach. Cassell isn’t a cupcake to play in either but I digress

Last edited:
I stand by my comment, want no parts of that. But hey, by all means I hope your NBA squad drafts him and my comments are directed towards the mindset I want my top pick to have, 18 year old or not.

Where's the gumption? Where's the leadership? When Tre went down did you hear Zion speaking this nonsense after losses?

I stand by my comment, want no parts of that. But hey, by all means I hope your NBA squad drafts him and my comments are directed towards the mindset I want my top pick to have, 18 year old or not.

Where's the gumption? Where's the leadership? When Tre went down did you hear Zion speaking this nonsense after losses?

1 loss(the game he got hurt in which was the game Cam missed with the flu as well)

Comparing a #1 overall pick to a back end 1st round pick isn’t apples to apples

I'm biased, I was w/bro a couple weeks ago, but I'm taking a chance on Benny Boatwright in the 2nd round. Impeccable combination of size and shooting.

I'm biased, I was w/bro a couple weeks ago, but I'm taking a chance on Benny Boatwright in the 2nd round. Impeccable combination of size and shooting.
Man's took 17 treys tonight in the OT loss to UCLA. I see him being able to carve out the stretch-four role that is highly coveted in the modern game, off the bench of course. I guess you could play him at the 5 in a small lineup. Won't offer much defensively. My main question: Is Bennie a good enough athlete to succeed at the next level?

The search for the next Trae Young is why Vanderbilt freshman point guard Darius Garland has been rising on draft boards, even though he played in only five games this season before tearing his left meniscus. Garland, who shot 11-for-23 from 3 (47.8 percent) this season, had a reputation as an elite shooter coming into college. Some league executives think that if he is healthy during the pre-draft process, Garland could be picked ahead of Morant on draft night. Garland isn’t nearly as athletic as Morant, but he can shoot 3s off the dribble, put the ball on the floor, and find the open man. He more closely fits the model of a point guard who can play on or off the ball.

Back
Top Bottom