2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Don't be a coward, take him #1

tenor.gif

You for real think he's been better than Zion?

I don't even look at it as being "better." No one has been better than Zion his year in CBB. I probably wouldn't have the balls to draft anyone but him at 1,

But as a prospect, I have a hard time convincing myself that Zion's a better prospect, based on how valuable playmaking is at the next level.

I'm not even sure how good of a pro Ja will be. He's so far away as a shooter and defender. He doesn't look the part of a guy who can shoot off the bounce, which probably is a prerequisite for drafting a PG that high.

But I'm willing to bet on his ability as a passer and playmaker, and his athleticism (Even if it isn't that great in traffic) than hope that Zion pans out. Playmakers, Point guards are what you need in the league, not a 6'6 PF / C or whatever position he plays at the next level.

My caveat is if you believe that Zion is a greater athlete than say, Blake Griffin despite being 3 to 4 inches shorter. If you believe he's that transcendent of an athlete and has ball skills to match, then yeah you go Zion but I don't see that.

Last edited:
Tourney evaluations are dumb. It's cool to see highly rated dudes play well, but it most certainly shouldn't be some be all end all type thing.

Last edited:
Agreed. To be fair, DLo just became a good shooter recently. I feel like all his shots go in now :lol:
DLo was 45% from the field and 41% from 3 in college though. He was a good shooter as a prospect. Could score at every level. Had a bit of a rough start in the league for many reasons, but is definitely starting to become the type of player he was in college...

I'm seeing all this **** about Ja's stock "going up" after that game as if he hasn't been the #2 prospect all year :D

The tourney really is a major hype vault.
U gotta remember this is the 1st time alotta ppl seeing or hearing bout him all season...it’s to be expected :lol:

The annual tourney hype and ppl questioning why a random good college player ain’t high on the draft board always cracks me up...u gon hear bout “why Fletcher Magee ain’t a lotto pick?” if they get another W :lol:

Don't even care if I'm late to the Ja party...I'm all in.

I had heard his name a few times here and there, but this was my first time watching Murray State and he surely did not let me down.

U gotta remember this is the 1st time alotta ppl seeing or hearing bout him all season...it’s to be expected :lol:

The annual tourney hype and ppl questioning why a random good college player ain’t high on the draft board always cracks me up...u gon hear bout “why Fletcher Magee ain’t a lotto pick?” if they get another W :lol:

I can't lie...it is fascinating to see how it all works :lol:

World Cup
Super Bowl
NCAA Tournament

That's the pantheon of team sporting events in the world. Ja has this game against the same team a month ago...it gets 3 minutes on Sportscenter. In March...it's his introduction to the world :lol:. And if he goes on a run, so does his earning potential.

Lazy is an understatement. It shouldn't exist IMO they look NOTHING alike.

I'm pretty sure if someone pulled the ballinsam23 ballinsam23 draft comparison receipt log...it would be completely ridiculous enough to have it's own reddit page. It's really mindblowing ****.

Back
Top Bottom