2024 NBA Draft Thread

Good to see him not playing that Chino Hills trash basketball.

Looks big. Is he taller than Alfonso?

FDA297EC-1759-418D-BBF9-7B1CA9C1812A.png

There's no clear cut top prospect and the degrees of separation between the top incoming HS guys is very little in comparison to previous years.

All the GM's are salivating for 2022.

I really don’t see it with Lamelo.

Do y’all honestly think he’s better than Austin Rivers was at the same point?

Austin Rivers is fine but he’s not a #1 pick.

This draft is pure basura though.

I really don’t see it with Lamelo.

Do y’all honestly think he’s better than Austin Rivers was at the same point?

Austin Rivers is fine but he’s not a #1 pick.

This draft is pure basura though.
He's absolutely better than Austin Rivers. His feel for the game and passing ability is way ahead of Rivers at the same stage. Rivers wasn't an efficient scorer either. Last name, beating up on **** competition in HS, and committing to Duke had the Rivers hype train way too high.

It's early.

I do love the fact that he's away from Chino Hills and LaVar though and can actually play real basketball.

He definitely reminds me of Trae Young in a bigger body, more so than his brother. Same gunner mentality and good vision. I similarly hated how Trae played at OU and the beginning of the NBA season, but he obviously started to figure things out as the season progressed and how to make better decisions to help his team.

I'm not really too familiar with this class yet, but if teams think LaMelo can be a big version of that Trae Young, then he probably should be in the running to be drafted high.

Like others, without “hate” I don’t see what makes him a lottery pick or even a #1.

These “leagues” he’s been showcasing in don’t have a fraction of the size, speed or talent of the NBA....or even the NCAA for that matter..

And Austin Rivers was definitely more explosive and a better finisher at the rim than Melo at their ages.

Last edited:
Like others, without “hate” I don’t see what makes him a lottery pick or even a #1.

These “leagues” he’s been showcasing in don’t have a fraction of the size, speed or talent of the NBA....or even the NCAA for that matter.

I just don’t see it, I mean everyone is talking about his height/length but he is average height in the NBA and ain’t got a lick of muscle on him. At 6’6 he gonna be going against big boys every night.

And I definitely feel Austin Rivers was more explosive and a better finisher than Melo at their ages.

You know Melo is playing with and against former nba players and current pros right? :lol:. Aaron Brooks...who averaged close to 20ppg in the NBA and won MIP is on the same team.

A lot of people just got swept up in the madness...and believed that Lamelo couldn’t play, and was “all hype” and gimmick. But even within that...he still remained a consensus 5* recruit and top 10 prospect in his class. Those kind of guys that make it to their senior year being that, tend to end up legit NBA prospects and One & Dones.

Lamelo is that. Even before his major growth spurt...he was a PG with elite ball handling skills and feel for the game. A great change of pace. Always keeps the defender off balance. Can play downhill and excellent in transition. Super advanced layup package. Creativity, shot making ability and natural instincts...and absolute confidence. Those are things you could see of him as a 9th grader...and he was playing up a year.

All scouts needed to see was him mature and play in structured setting to see what it would look like, and how he’d react. And he’s proving that.

Remember though, all of this is really only relative to the other guys that are in his draft class.

Other lead guards that are in this class are going to have "holes" in their game too. Is there something that for sure makes guys like Cole Anthony and Nico Mannion better prospects than him, and deserving of being lotto picks? I don't know.

These “leagues” he’s been showcasing in don’t have a fraction of the size, speed or talent of the NBA....or even the NCAA for that matter..

And Austin Rivers was definitely more explosive and a better finisher at the rim than Melo at their ages.

A 6’7 PG that can shoot the ball while still being a gifted passer is more than enough to get lottery looks IMO with how today’s NBA is played.

And honestly lamelo has way better touch around the rim than Austin Rivers did at his age. Austin was a better dunker that’s about it.

A 6’7 PG that can shoot the ball while still being a gifted passer is more than enough to get lottery looks IMO with how today’s NBA is played.

And honestly lamelo has way better touch around the rim than Austin Rivers did at his age. Austin was a better dunker that’s about it.
The main diff between Austin and lamelo (potentially) is the ability to play point guard

Austin is actually a solid backup pg but if lamelo can be a starter level (which is expected) then his value obviously becomes much greater

Back
Top Bottom