2024 NBA Draft Thread

This draft disgusts me.

Zion and Garland the only players intriguing to me.
Zion/Ja/Hunter for me.

I like a couple of other guys but not huge fans of them yet.

Draft isn't weaker than your average draft but I agree there's not that much intrigue.

The fact that culver is 6’6 in shoes is really surprising. Would have thought he’d be at the very least 6’7 but closer to 6’8. Decent wingspan anyway

I guess the rumors that Culver was secretly growing were overblown.

I like Porter was a mid round steal and I'm a big fan of Hunter too

I really, really like this draft. Not for a bunch of potential superstars, but for really high level role players. I could see most of the first round that I’m seeing in mocks being big contributors down the line. The Celtics are in a good spot to grab three real solid players with 14, 20 and 22.

Don’t see him being a great finisher at the rim. Not the most athletic dude, lacks that explosion when attacking the rim.

He looks like the Ginobili type but lacks that finesse in the paint against stronger, smarter defenders.
Ginobili with hair was much more than finesse. At RJ's age he was more explosive and faster.

Barrett is a more groundbound, crafty type player. Smaller Tim Thomas type? Trying to think of a good comp for him. Dudes who can hit a three, slowly slither into the lane and finish under the rim if there are defenders nearby.

Just have this feeling that the top 3 won't go Zion, Ja and RJ.

It's a 3 player draft. Unless someone else has one of the greatest workouts of all time or there's a medical red flag with Zion/Ja/RJ...there's a 99.9% chance that those are the top 3 picks.

Brandon Clarke's measurements were so bad.

I wanted him at 11 before I knew the Lakers jumped up to 4.
He was damn near my favorite player in the class after Zion.
Now I'm not sure if he gets picked in the top 20.

It's a 3 player draft. Unless someone else has one of the greatest workouts of all time or there's a medical red flag with Zion/Ja/RJ...there's a 99.9% chance that those are the top 3 picks.
Maybe part of me just thinks that NY wants complete anarchy in the sports world and they'll do some dumb **** like draft Bol Bol

If the Knicks pull another trade for smith I could see garland being an option if he has some exceptional workouts. Or if Knicks end up trading the pick and the team wants to swoop garland before say maybe the suns.. culver is also quite polarizing

the knicks would be dumb to pass up rj or ja... they have done dumb things in the past but passing on both is highly unlikely

Back
Top Bottom