2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

BC3BD736-9D24-43B4-A46B-07C3D5BA2924.jpeg

broke out the Mummys for casual Friday. I love these in person and the glow is intense. Buying from a seller in Japan was the way to go on these

Could it be the way I laced them?
I’m always self conscious about my lace jobs 😭
Nah man you good. It's on Nike. I spend a lot of time in the air max 1 thread so I put nike silhouettes under the microscope :lol:

vegetaray123 vegetaray123 don't worry I've been complaining about it since 2011. They actually widened the vamp with blue box pairs before introducing the new sole tooling and heel padding. If you look at some thin tongue lows like the obisidian/red or trolleys, or tecate highs, you'll see the wide gap between eyelets, but still with the OG outsole. I'm just pointing out how bad it's looked ever since then but suggesting that it's gotten even worse. Carpets were another pair I noticed having that extra wide shape.

Non-SB dunk shape has been pretty bad, too. Y'all notice how high the eyelets sit above the vamp now? It's like high action on a guitar. Social status dunks had that bad but most leather GRs have been that way.

1636378777752.png

This is what I still can't stand about newer SBs and why I barely stress over new ones. I feel like it's gotten even worse the last couple years, even though it's been the standard shape since blue box. The laces by the vamp are wider than the midfoot. Pardon my NFL on ESPN type illustrations but there's an hourglass figure look going on there. No disrespect to you cragmatic it's not your fault.

1636379593392.png

Meanwhile older pairs just look like how a dunk should look. Not sure how else to say it lol
I'm with you. It's even worse when you walk, in that the whole lower bit opens wide like a frog's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom