2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Quote:
How many people here actually skate, and in SBs? I quit going to skate parks 6 years ago when my daughter was born-can't **** around and break my neck with a kid to support, but now that she's older we scoot around the hood (well, I live in the country outside Milwaukee) but I have my beaters for that.
I like dunks for skating. I'm not very good, and I do prefer janoskis or zoom tres to skate in, but when I beat up my dunks, I'll definitely wear em to skate.

and that spoiler....
roll.gif

PREMIER RELEASE INFO

Date: 01.29.14
Author: Art Gigh
Title: NIKE SB BLACK HISTORY MONTH DUNK RELEASE INFO

This years Black History Month Dunk designed by Ishod Wair is a true banger. An icy sole and "BHM" lace locks are just a couple highlights included in this release. The shoe also has a multicolor midsole along with a full reflective patterned rear panel. All the release details are listed below. Quantities are limited and these will go fast.

Release Date: Saturday 2/1/2014
Online: 8:00am EST (Twitter Link Only, One pair per customer, No Paypal)
In Store: 11:00am In Store
Price: $98

Plan on copping this Saturday. Been on this shoe since the images first leaked. Just confused by the terminology.
I'm still debating if I really should pick these up Saturday. I'll probably stroll in and cop the BHMs. Shouldn't be too bad. I must be blind. I didn't know it even had an icy sole. I think I'm still getting over the fact that its got that red and purple lol. 

How many people here actually skate, and in SBs? I quit going to skate parks 6 years ago when my daughter was born-can't **** around and break my neck with a kid to support, but now that she's older we scoot around the hood (well, I live in the country outside Milwaukee) but I have my beaters for that.

Man I hear ya. I'm pushing 40 now and just can't break anything. I still enjoy the snake run at Fremont park , the ******s at Sunnyvale and the kidde area at Cunningham (as well as watching cab skate the skull bowl). But I used to skate in zoom tres and p rods. I'll still wear my beater dunks these days but mostly vans and circas. I think that shop should require a caveman down a rail.

I skate a little....not good AT ALL tho, when I do I wear vans because I wanna feel closer to the board. Kostons feel good tho, I have very rarely see someone shred in dunks, tho I do remember someone in shoo goos beat to hell. Hurt me soul....

I tried to skate, and sucked at it. So I bought a longboard, fits me better. I love cruising around, started to learn how to dance on it too.

PREMIER RELEASE INFO

Date: 01.29.14
Author: Art Gigh
Title: NIKE SB BLACK HISTORY MONTH DUNK RELEASE INFO

This years Black History Month Dunk designed by Ishod Wair is a true banger. An icy sole and "BHM" lace locks are just a couple highlights included in this release. The shoe also has a multicolor midsole along with a full reflective patterned rear panel. All the release details are listed below. Quantities are limited and these will go fast.

Release Date: Saturday 2/1/2014
Online: 8:00am EST (Twitter Link Only, One pair per customer, No Paypal)
In Store: 11:00am In Store
Price: $98

Man I hear ya. I'm pushing 40 now and just can't break anything. I still enjoy the snake run at Fremont park , the ******s at Sunnyvale and the kidde area at Cunningham (as well as watching cab skate the skull bowl). But I used to skate in zoom tres and p rods. I'll still wear my beater dunks these days but mostly vans and circas. I think that shop should require a caveman down a rail.
zoom tres were my favorite pair of shoes in middle school. i remember going through like 8 pairs of them back in 08. that was before my lacrosse coach started b*tching about skating & snowboarding during the offseason. man, i miss skating. 

i haven't tried to skate in almost 20 years.
just got my son a real nice skateboard last year for his birthday but unfortunately he can't ride it in our neighborhood cuz we r on a steep hill. didn't think about that when i paid $150 for a custom board lol. but in 6 months we'll live on a flat road again. hope he can really enjoy it!

C'mon man! Three flip?

If you're just gunna be calling out tricks at least call it the right name! Even 360 flip would be acceptable. No one calls a Tre flip a Three flip... Hahaha
Stop.

I skated for 5+ years. Tre flip sounds dumb and little kids made it up. The original name is called 360 flip. 

Here's a video just to show you I know what I'm talking about. This is me back in 2008

Y'all are missing the point of the post.

This release has people who have NEVER set foot in that specific skateshop or any skateshop calling and asking about a "skate" shoe and planning lineups.

SBs have the luxury of still being somewhat more difficult to obtain than let's say a Jordan or Lebron. And by more difficult I mean 1 skate shop will have em as opposed to 3-5 Footlockers in a 10 mile radius of said skateshop having that Jordan.

It's no different than when a "friend" who knows you work at a Footlocker or wherever all of a sudden is being nice to you right before a big release. You'll hit them with the Russell Westbrook "What?"

The shop will obviously take care of it's regulars and what not but to those beasts that will line up in their best fits, I find it to be poetic justice.

I tried to learn to skate once but I was terrible at it. Anything more complicated than an ollie was not happening 
laugh.gif

Now I just stick to old tony hawk games. I still have the skateboard around here somewhere though.

I was just sharing the info about the BHMs?...not sure what that was all about. I'm not even interested in them, just trying to help people out who are.

Last edited:
Just like calling it a crooks. It's a crooked grind, and before that it was a k grind. Don't have to give it a ****** name.

Last edited by a moderator:
blazers were the best for skating in my eyes. the thick soles make it very grippy. 

not sure what world your in but people say tre over 360 and it's been like that for awhile now. 

BETTER YET, EVERY SKATESHOP IN AMERICA IS GOING TO REQUIRE YOU TO DO AN IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN ENTER A RAFFLE FOR THE TIFFS

BETTER YET, EVERY SKATESHOP IN AMERICA IS GOING TO REQUIRE YOU TO DO AN IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN ENTER A RAFFLE FOR THE TIFFS
Kids learn to kick flip without even learning the Ollie now. Here. Put a 2' quarter pipe out and if you can axle stall you win.

There's nothing with 3M Scotchlite on those, the pair it's riffing off was the Cocoa Snake AF1. Good wear, and seeing them on foot makes me wish I'd have snagged them when they dropped down in price.
You right, they don't have 3M on them. Thanks for the correction. These were on my hit list when they first released the info. I waited until they dropped to $60. Should of scooped 2 pairs at that price.

@Stillln729 Let me help you  with a proper picture..
these are obviously not authentic but if you read this Nike; please make for me

I slept on these so hard back in 2003...

Last edited:

blazers were the best for skating in my eyes. the thick soles make it very grippy. 

not sure what world your in but people say tre over 360 and it's been like that for awhile now. 
Thats not my point. My point is that dude acted like 360 is wrong when it was the original name. Three is very acceptable name for the trick. 

Dudes talking about names of tricks they cant even do smh. I used to and still have a MEAN three flip. my most was 21 in a row

Whether or not Nietowns across do RSVPs is a big factor. I'm waiting for that to drop.
99% it's gonna be fcfs bro, for a couple of reasons. 

1. Not all niketowns carry sb yet.

2. YOTH had less #s and they did FCFS for those.

3. The niketowns that do carry sb right now are primarily urban areas & fcfs crowds act as marketing ploys for outside consumers to visit the store.

Back
Top Bottom