2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

That sounds epic. I'd love to do something like that eventually. 
Im dying to go back.

At the rate things are going Im just going to do a 1 year SEA trip in between jobs at some point. 

Best trip of my life, for sure. 

Buddy of mine went to Thailand to spend time at some Go academy in between undergrad and grad school. Met his wife and they got married a few weeks ago.

@Sipy  
nthat.gif

BTW fam. Caliroots just got in their stock of the nappy white/red/teal highs. So be on the lookout if you want a pair. 

I would generally agree with you but unfortunately once that shoe is no longer available at retail, the base value increases. Once worn, the value decreases, but it's still valued above retail. I don't think it's absurd to charge more than retail for a shoe, I just think it's absurd to gouge. WPF's should go for $175 in the GR box, but people try to get $250+ out of them which is ridiculous. Used, you should be getting no more than $160 as a fair price, but they're DEFINITELY not selling for retail (I think it was 108, but even at 120, still above retail).
It's crazy.  Older releases with stains, creased toe boxes, frays, etc. still being listed at ~$200+ just because they're harder to find.

It's crazy.  Older releases with stains, creased toe boxes, frays, etc. still being listed at ~$200+ just because they're harder to find.
You can find DESTROYED pairs of Black Supreme Dunk Lows for $800. I mean, it's absurd that people will pay the price but some people do.

You can find DESTROYED pairs of Black Supreme Dunk Lows for $800. I mean, it's absurd that people will pay the price but some people do.
Right.  I'm not above buying worn shoes as long as they're in good condition, but I won't be the one to buy a beat up pair just because.  It's really the principle that rustles my jimmies.

Last edited:

I know.
I was at RIF LA about a month ago and saw one of the most beat up, tore up, Black Supreme lows for $600!
It looked like it was skated in or dragged across the cement.
The elephant print in the front toe area was gone.
The bottom was full of gum, or something sticky like tar.
The front stars were gone.
The back of the sole was all lop-sided and worn down.
I asked Manny about them, and he said that they put out the better of the 2 sneaks.
I didn't even want to see what the other looked it.
He said that they are too busy to clean the shoes and just shrink wrap them and put them on the floor; as is.
He said that they normally don't sell such worn up sneaks, but IT'S A SUPREME.
People will pay anything if the Sneak is Rare!

I know.
I was at RIF LA about a month ago and saw one of the most beat up, tore up, Black Supreme lows for $600!
It looked like it was skated in or dragged across the cement.
The elephant print in the front toe area was gone.
The bottom was full of gum, or something sticky like tar.
The front stars were gone.
The back of the sole was all lop-sided and worn down.
I asked Manny about them, and he said that they put out the better of the 2 sneaks.
I didn't even want to see what the other looked it.
He said that they are too busy to clean the shoes and just shrink wrap them and put them on the floor; as is.
He said that they normally don't sell such worn up sneaks, but IT'S A SUPREME.
People will pay anything if the Sneak is Rare!
I hate that ish. Just can't stand it. I get when a sneak is barely used, but don't try to sell me something that smells, isn't wearable, and still has your homie's chewed gum stuck to the bottom. THROW THEM OUT, SUPREME OR NOT.

That's why 99% of the time I will only buy new shoes. People beat their kicks then post em for sale saying vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvNDS.

Looking at a pair of Ferris Beullers for $160 with OG Box, Cheetah laces, and replacement white laces. I'm excited, may finally have a pair of Beullers at a decent price!

That's why 99% of the time I will only buy new shoes. People beat their kicks then post em for sale saying vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvNDS.

Exactly. I've seen that done SO MANY times. Sellers stretching the truth like crazy.

Exactly. I've seen that done SO MANY times. Sellers stretching the truth like crazy.
Left the shoe game around 2009 and came back recently. Was sad to see nike sb stopped attaching a lacebag. See fools all the time trying to pass of worn shoes as brand new but clearly they've been worn, relaced, etc. Was harder to pass off used shoes as new once lacebag was detached.

Looking at a pair of Ferris Beullers for $160 with OG Box, Cheetah laces, and replacement white laces. I'm excited, may finally have a pair of Beullers at a decent price!

That's a good price. I've seen those go for higher than that recently. I remember those things going in sale and no one cared.

The true definition of VNDS = worn many times for this generation. I don't even think its right to have VNDS to describe  a pair of shoes. If its been put on, its been WORN. I've seen DS looking like they've been at least tried on too. lol. I think there was someone on here that had bought a pair of shoes that was supposedly DS and was worn because of the bottoms lol. 

Back
Top Bottom