2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Its true that just about every major company has a specialized social media group. I'm sure the big sneaker mfr's monitor the blogs and this forum. It might be possible that they've set up user accounts to fabricate hype but I don't think its that prevalent.

I think that most of the new posters are probably lurkers that have been monitoring for a while. Just a year ago I was one of those guys. I've followed the forum for a while but never bothered posting because of how abrasive things are towards new guys on these sites. The vibe in this thread made it much easier to speak up though.

seen this earlier and have been wondering.. 6-7 major differences? besides no BP on the heel, BP tag on the tongue, BP logo on the insole or white "NIKE" on the back tab.. what else could be different?

Should I grab a pair of FTC's for $120 shipped or will I be able to find them cheaper? Utility is the only site I've really seen them on, at $106 before shipping/tax, but they don't have my size anyway.

I see these on eBay from reputable sellers all the time for under $99 and usually free shipping. Plus 5% eBay bucks for your next purchase....I know it's not much but, $5-10 off every couple months is nice.

I don't know your size, but I'm a 13 and I've seen plenty under $100. Here's a link for sizes 6-12, reputable seller IMO and $110 shipped.. Plus that 5%back which is like $5.50..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-SB-DUN...64?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item35c9b6b160

My personal limit for this shoe is around $75 :/ ill wait til I find a deal.

Last edited:
seen this earlier and have been wondering.. 6-7 major differences? besides no BP on the heel, BP tag on the tongue, BP logo on the insole or white "NIKE" on the back tab.. what else could be different?
I'm sure he over exaggerated. I posted comparison pics way back from GiayDeBang. You nailed everything though.

http://www.giaydebang.com/gdbreview/item/2889-so-sanh----nike-dunk-sb-low-x-brooklyn-projects.html

Oh and value will only decrease once people realize how much better it looks without their horrible branding
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Its true that just about every major company has a specialized social media group. I'm sure the big sneaker mfr's monitor the blogs and this forum. It might be possible that they've set up user accounts to fabricate hype but I don't think its that prevalent.

I think that most of the new posters are probably lurkers that have been monitoring for a while. Just a year ago I was one of those guys. I've followed the forum for a while but never bothered posting because of how abrasive things are towards new guys on these sites. The vibe in this thread made it much easier to speak up though.
this thread = the best reason to join NT.  one of the few threads where people work together/not against each other

I've been strictly into Dunks since 2007. Trust me, WOF is not going to hold it's value. There are so many better shoes you can wear with the outfit you'd wear with WOF. But if you truly like it, go for it.

I also heard some interesting things about the business side of sneaker forums like NT and SC. I'm not going to expose them completely but long story short, forums are intended to build hype for an upcoming shoe to increase corporate revenue. Even though us normal people use it to social network and gain information, corporate is making fake accounts and increasing hype as much as they can in threads like this. Believe it or not, this tactic works REALLY well.

How else would an ugly shoe like WOF sell? Normal people that are not sneakerheads will NOT buy the WOF because they're not affected by the "advertisement" made here in the sneaker community.

You see all these recently made accounts with very few posts that only says,

"These shoes are dope!"

"This shop has these sz left."

They are most likely from corporate or employees of the store trying to build hype.

My point is this, buy what you like. Not because of the hype. It's so cliche to say this but it's so TRUE. Take a step back from all this hype, look at the shoes, and ask yourself,

"Is this really a good looking shoes?"
So are you saying John00 is a fake account because he is the reason all these shops are selling out in a day? 
roll.gif

But really, I don't get why you are so confounded by the fact that people think the WOF colorway is nice. People have different opinions. I think De La Souls are DISGUSTING, but did they sell? Hell yeah. Do they hold value? Hell yeah. Just because you think a colorway is ugly, it doesn't mean the people who are saying "Those shoes are dope!" are fake accounts. And if you've NEVER bought 2 sneakers that can go with similar outfits, I applaud you 
roll.gif
because I know MANY people here have, myself included. And I still don't understand why you're telling people to buy what they like, but then saying not to buy them because they won't hold value. Those are two contradicting statements.

Anyway, I don't think the WOFs are that bad, I think the colorway is dope. Having said that, I am still passing if the QS version comes out. I just don't see why you think nobody can genuinely think they are nice w/o being a fake account or buying for hype. 

Last edited:
I've been strictly into Dunks since 2007. Trust me, WOF is not going to hold it's value. There are so many better shoes you can wear with the outfit you'd wear with WOF. But if you truly like it, go for it.

I also heard some interesting things about the business side of sneaker forums like NT and SC. I'm not going to expose them completely but long story short, forums are intended to build hype for an upcoming shoe to increase corporate revenue. Even though us normal people use it to social network and gain information, corporate is making fake accounts and increasing hype as much as they can in threads like this. Believe it or not, this tactic works REALLY well.

How else would an ugly shoe like WOF sell? Normal people that are not sneakerheads will NOT buy the WOF because they're not affected by the "advertisement" made here in the sneaker community.

"These shoes are dope!"

They are most likely from corporate or employees of the store trying to build hype.

My point is this, buy what you like. Not because of the hype. It's so cliche to say this but it's so TRUE. Take a step back from all this hype, look at the shoes, and ask yourself,

It should already be common knowledge that big name companies invest a "set" amount of dollars for social networking, hell our own goverment does it to have internet presence alone. However, I think you're taking it a step out of bounds by saying new users are most likely going to be these employees. John00 comes to mind when you mention that "This shop has these sz left", and he's been doing nothing but holding everyone down with the past 3 or 4 QS releases. Again, I understand your opinion but I think you're directing your energy in the wrong manner.

I also wouldn't, personally, have to remind anyone on this site to buy what they like. After lurking for this past year, reading the responses in this thread, it's safe to say that most if not all the active users on this thread AREN'T hypebeasts and they are most certainly buying shoes that they like, not to mention the community help in this thread alone. Had this been any other forum, I might agree with you, but the heads in here already know whats up.

Tweet from earlier today lol

Whats SMU?
Special Make Up

also, let's count the differences

BROOKLYN PROJECTS stitching on back

heel tab color

tongue tab left shoe (I guess both, "dunk low pro" is missing from the BP)

insoles

what 2-3 am I missing? colored plate on the outsole?

Last edited:
@Landokicks on twitter says they have some sizes of the MIAs left. I think they're like 120 shipped but I'm not positive. Their website is landokicks.net but for some reason they aren't on the website so I think you have to email them.

BUT DON'T WORRY GUYS IM NOT A FAKE ACCOUNT

Last edited:
@Landokicks on twitter says they have some sizes of the MIAs left. I think they're like 120 shipped but I'm not positive. Their website is landokicks.net but for some reason they aren't on the website so I think you have to email them.

size 7.5 and 8 left but good looks still on the look out for a second pair 
eyes.gif

I chuckled

"These shoes are dope!"

Yes these are good looking shoes IMO. I can't stand BP in anyway but I have to call a spade a spade and they designed a dope shoe. That's just my opinion. As far as what value they will hold I have no clue and I honestly couldn't care. I'm purchasing shoes to rock nothing more nothing less. I think alot of people are in the same ballpark with that especially within this thread. The reason so many people with only a few posts , posts in here I think has more to do with the atmosphere. I joined niketalk in December. I stumbled onto this thread and immediately noticed how different it was. People were / are still constantly exchanging info. People like John OO, BIP, and countless others. This thread embodies community. I'm sure you are correct and there are some marketing people in here. I doubt they have much influence however. Posting that a certain store has a release available forces no one in the thread to buy the shoes. Most of us in this thread have usually made up our minds before a shoe is released. If we are on the fence we wait for the "Pick up " pics to be posted and then go in either direction from there. While "hype " is apart of anything someone purchases from socks to motor oil, I think most people in this thread are picking up shoes because they like them and not bc of hype. I would argue with the BP release that if anything the way BP has acted has more so deterred people than pushed them towards the shoes. 

As far as normal people not buying the WOF I disagree. Dunks aren't always the easiest shoes to acquire. The quickstrike system made no sense to me when it was first explained. A company doesn't set a release date, shops get them at different times and then sale them once they arrive?The shoes aren't sold at finishline or footlocker. If you are a regular person who doesn't follow SB releases on a sneaker forum or instagram or some other form of social media you would probably have no clue those shoes came out. Until you see them on someone else's feet and ask where they picked them up. 
So are you saying John00 is a fake account because he is the reason all these shops are selling out in a day? 
roll.gif

But really, I don't get why you are so confounded by the fact that people think the WOF colorway is nice. People have different opinions. I think De La Souls are DISGUSTING, but did they sell? Hell yeah. Do they hold value? Hell yeah. Just because you think a colorway is ugly, it doesn't mean the people who are saying "Those shoes are dope!" are fake accounts. And if you've NEVER bought 2 sneakers that can go with similar outfits, I applaud you 
roll.gif
because I know MANY people here have, myself included. And I still don't understand why you're telling people to buy what they like, but then saying not to buy them because they won't hold value. Those are two contradicting statements.

Anyway, I don't think the WOFs are that bad, I think the colorway is dope. Having said that, I am still passing if the QS version comes out. I just don't see why you think nobody can genuinely think they are nice w/o being a fake account or buying for hype. 
This repped.

Last edited:

"These shoes are dope!"

no hate, but this coming from you is weird.  i remember you selling am90 hyperfuses for $300 on various places.  you're like an anti-reseller reseller

Is anyone close to kingpin skateshop in stockton CA? They are having BOGO SB sale and i saw they have jamesons for sale...would make my bday complete if someone could cop!!

Back
Top Bottom