2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I wonder if the young kids at complexcon are gonna turn around and try to charge an insane resell price for those yellow tiffs?

4E491CB6-921F-4CA4-B45A-599E65DFF1A0.jpeg
Did anyone saw this ..:smh: smh
This dudes post is pure nonsense. What is “new culture”? What does that even mean? Lol. In my opinion, the SB community is the most inviting. I hope more people start putting more light on SB because it’ll extend the life of the brand and give us better releases going forward. The problem that I often see with most younger people is they won’t even look at stuff unless it’s hyped, limited or a celeb has vouched for it. They often don’t care about substance or personal taste at all and are all about flash. Hopefully the ones that cop the Diamond will stay and let the community show them a better way. I’ve personally always felt SB has the most substance of the brand. Hopefully this realese will open their eyes too.

Don’t worry. In 3 months us “dunk heads” will still be here. complaining about lack of good colorways, ***** materials, lazy collabs and apparently still watching our old prom videos? While the “new culture” has moved on to god knows what.

They'll probably be going after some [insert celebrity of the month] limited edition deluxe collab with Supreme baby wipes.

To be fair, the SB community seems to be inviting as long as you're not Travis Scott :rofl:

People have been lighting up theartofthesneaker or whoever he is, and they're citing that he's always begging these brands for something. I've seen a lot of OG collectors doing the exact same thing though... "Where's my free hat?" "I need this and this sent to me!" But, whatever works I guess.

It's interesting bc it sounds like most people who dont like TS bringing attention to SB are not fans of his music ir maybe bc hes an urban artist? Did we keep the same energy w Whale?

It's interesting bc it sounds like most people who dont like TS bringing attention to SB are not fans of his music ir maybe bc hes an urban artist? Did we keep the same energy w Whale?

Can’t speak for everyone but I like Wale.

No real opinion of Travis Scott.

Don’t want to place anyone in a box but from what I’ve seen mostly, fans of Wale are fans of his music. Fans of Travis Scott more fans of his “drip” or “the wave” or “the movement” or “new culture” or any other word younger cats seem to use that I’m with too old or too ignorant or too uncool to really understand what they mean by it as it applies to him.

That’s not a knock on anyone. If a Travis Scott stan wants to come in here and be respectful, and helpful and offer insight and help people eat, then I’m all for it.

If that same fan wants to come in here and bicker and call me an old - out - of - touch head who can’t stunt like them because I didn’t spend a grip on some rare black box pair, then I could care less.

I've wondered the same thing. In my experience I've seen a lot of notable SB people make subtle racist comments on IG, so not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm guessing the reason people don't want Travis wearing SB's is because it'll bring hypebeasty kids into the scene who don't care for the culture, just fitting in.

Can’t speak for everyone but I like Wale.

No real opinion of Travis Scott.

Don’t want to place anyone in a box but from what I’ve seen mostly, fans of Wale are fans of his music. Fans of Travis Scott more fans of his “drip” or “the wave” or “the movement” or “new culture” or any other word younger cats seem to use that I’m with too old or too ignorant or too uncool to really understand what they mean by it as it applies to him.

That’s not a knock on anyone. If a Travis Scott stan wants to come in here and be respectful, and helpful and offer insight and help people eat, then I’m all for it.

If that same fan wants to come in here and bicker and call me an old - out - of - touch head who can’t stunt like them because I didn’t spend a grip on some rare black box pair, then I could care less.

Well said.

I've wondered the same thing. In my experience I've seen a lot of notable SB people make subtle racist comments on IG, so not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm guessing the reason people don't want Travis wearing SB's is because it'll bring hypebeasty kids into the scene who don't care for the culture, just fitting in.
I skated when I was younger but Nike SB became important to me bc of sneakers and Supreme. only Nikes I skated were discount dunks from FTA. my skate shoes were like Etnies, Es, and skate brands lol

It sounds ironic (and not just applicable to the sneaker culture) but authenticity is such a disgenuine thing these days.

The good part of “artists/celebrities” bringing hype and selling a ton more shoes is they (Nike) will continue putting out pairs that people will want

Sure it sucks when a pair is hard to come by on release day, but we know how the resellers work and that same pair will be had later no problem

It’s rare that a pair with hype stays up in the clouds pricewise (especially lately) Low production number pairs will usually always be hard to get regardless of hype or not

Let’s just be glad dunks aren’t the same as Jordans/Yeezys/whatever with crazy prices as retail

For $300 you can mostly pickup whatever pairs of dunks you want (obv a few exceptions)
I’m still annoyed I can’t find a pair for BRED 1’s for less than double retail.... not that I would pay that much anyways.... so many dunks I’d rather have

The good part of “artists/celebrities” bringing hype and selling a ton more shoes is they (Nike) will continue putting out pairs that people will want

Sure it sucks when a pair is hard to come by on release day, but we know how the resellers work and that same pair will be had later no problem

It’s rare that a pair with hype stays up in the clouds pricewise (especially lately) Low production number pairs will usually always be hard to get regardless of hype or not

Let’s just be glad dunks aren’t the same as Jordans/Yeezys/whatever with crazy prices as retail

For $300 you can mostly pickup whatever pairs of dunks you want (obv a few exceptions)
I’m still annoyed I can’t find a pair for BRED 1’s for less than double retail.... not that I would pay that much anyways.... so many dunks I’d rather have
I def feel u on the black/red AJI. I wound up copping a pair of Fear of God joints cheaper than what it woudlve cost for the AJI at resell

Well said, and I would add that it's makes the 20th anniversary of SB look brighter. It may bring forth retros of the stuff from 2002 to 2007. Possibly better collaborations too before the 20th anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom