2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

just remember when pharrell and those 2002-2006 type entertainers were on the sb wave. oh this guy too.
DJAMColl2.jpg
:nthat:
some dunks easy to get.

lmtd dunks were pretty much a PITA to get in some sizes. To this day I look those medicoms lows and other sb dunks going for 6 bills up to more than a grand now, just wishing for a size 11. Except if I hit a jackpot, almost no way to get some of my favorite sb dunks.
Man these are college memories :lol:

I'm not buying into the gimmicks, actually i hate gimmicks .... now hes trying to act like a white knight after the chaos he created.. artificially limiting supply to increase demand.. c'mon Nicky

It would be hilarious if Nicky and Nike created all this hype for the Canaries release, and then just released them GR a month later. All the time wasted sitting at complex con and rioting.

"YOU get a pair and YOU get a pair and YOU get a pair!"

More like his over all brand. Diamonds has been played out. Jeff staples does the same thing. He couldn’t stop posting about the riot from the pigeons when black pigeons dropped last year.

I mean, nothing against the Diamond brand, it definitely has its place in streetwear culture but the hype /game is changing as we speak.

Theres a great video of Bobby Hundreds and he talks about the Hundreds, the rise and now struggle to stay relevant towards the end of the interview..

Wait, black pigeons released last year? lol :lol:

It would be hilarious if Nicky and Nike created all this hype for the Canaries release, and then just released them GR a month later. All the time wasted sitting at complex con and rioting.

"YOU get a pair and YOU get a pair and YOU get a pair!"

Would be great, but they’d loose whatever cred they had.

Has Nike done that for any other sb? Hyped the hell of it as limited and GR’d it soon after?

Would be great, but they’d loose whatever cred they had.

Has Nike done that for any other sb? Hyped the hell of it as limited and GR’d it soon after?
Yes, the Red Lobsters. They made people think it was only releasing at CNCPTS and then it was a QS a couple weeks later. There was also the "Walk Of Fame" Dunk Low fiasco, but that was more of the shop owner blowing smoke and trying to cause nonsensical hype.

Edit: Below is the video to prove that people really thought that CNCPTS would be the only release point.

Last edited:
I mean, nothing against the Diamond brand, it definitely has its place in streetwear culture but the hype /game is changing as we speak.

Theres a great video of Bobby Hundreds and he talks about the Hundreds, the rise and now struggle to stay relevant towards the end of the interview..

Wait, black pigeons released last year? lol :lol:

What I really meant is that it’s widely available and kind of over saturated. I remember struggling to find it in high school. That was a dope video. Bobby wrote a good piece last year on his take on complexcon, which I enjoyed. Almost an entire year since the black pigeons dropped.

Yes, the Red Lobsters. They made people think it was only releasing at CNCPTS and then it was a QS a couple weeks later. There was also the "Walk Of Fame" Dunk Low fiasco, but that was more of the shop owner blowing smoke and trying to cause nonsensical hype.

Edit: Below is the video to prove that people really thought that CNCPTS would be the only release point.

Now this is how you wait in line for Sneaks!
None of this "Ghosted Chairs" BS!

man, i thought jayssee lopez was well loved in the sneaker community, he always comes across as a humble soul willing to help others on his youtube, never thought people would see him as a jerk ..funny tho, this reminds me of last year's complexcon undftd 97 in green debacle & i think he ended up copping right before they shut it down because of the same thing.

I met him at his store this year when I was in Vegas. He's a real cool dude and showed me the stockroom. **** all that noise on him being a douche.....

I’d have been pissed if that happened after lining up for 3 days! But with that said I’m never going to camp out anyway so would never have that issue.

The Yellow diamond release has been laughable.. i get what Nicky is doing.. showing videos of the "insanity" to hype up the release of an otherwise mildly remarkable SB..

I'm not buying into the gimmicks, actually i hate gimmicks .... now hes trying to act like a white knight after the chaos he created.. artificially limiting supply to increase demand.. c'mon Nicky

Been having this discussion on Twitter, especially after the drop got cancelled a 2nd time. Nicky knew exactly what he was doing. Definitely a promo gimmick to drive up the hype of the yellows and other colourways dropping.

Corny, but it is what it is. 2018.

You really thought FCFS at ComplexCon of ALL places would work? especially with no proper security? :lol: I refuse to believe a vet like ND is that foolish. Like one person said to me, he prob had no real intention of releasing the full stock at CC.

Don't know if this has been asked before but do the 2018 "Takashis" have a stuffed Tongue like the older Dunks?

Back
Top Bottom