2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

She had that prepared no matter what and it showed. She saw the endorsement money slipping away and tried to catch whatever she could

This passage below is from The Athletic, Donovan Bailey my 1st favorite sprinter talking about De Grasse

"Bailey is extremely complimentary and supportive of the current generation of Canadian track and field runners, and Canadian athletes. He’s already showered praise on De Grasse as a man who might one day surpass him in legacy.

When asked if he or De Grasse was the better sprinter, Bailey had to prop himself up. He is, after all, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, three-time world champion, and once held that illustrious world record in the 100-metre race.

However, Bailey thinks that could change, eventually.

“I’m going to tell you that Andre will retire as the most decorated sprinter that ever competed for this country,” Bailey said. “And I love that.

“When I competed, I dominated and beat every single person. I think that Andre is on his way to that. … I’m also very certain that he wants a world record and he also wants the number one prize in track and field, which is the 100-metre title. If he can do that with a world record, that’s exactly where I want Andre De Grasse to be.”

But the king is still the king, though.

“First of all, I’m still the greatest sprinter here,” Bailey said. “Breaking the Olympic record. Breaking the world record. Being a world champion. In all of my time as champion, it’s been beside my name.”

She removed the like now but

CFD23F1E-629D-4278-A1B0-731ED555CD27.jpeg

The tweet still up

Last edited:
Zero training went into that race and judging by the post race interview, I don’t think she learned her lesson.
It’s like she had that promo already written and rehearsed and despite being totally demolished, she was gonna say it anyway despite looking completely crazy due to losing.

Last edited:
It’s like she had that promo already written and rehearsed and despite being totally demolished, she was gotta say it anyway despite looking completely crazy due to losing.

Same way NBC kept running the nail commercial for like 3 seconds before pulling it down after the race lolll. I'm sure there were 2 versions, the initial talking and gassing

And then assuming she won, the 'told you ' version. They kept plugging it after the body.

2nd dude makes a great point it’s easier to run 10.7 when you know you can relax because you’ll catch the other guys by the end even if they get you off the line

but when you in it with girls who just as fast and/or faster, you start getting tight and that easy speed aint going be there.. That was the issue with asafa powell

Same way NBC kept running the nail commercial for like 3 seconds before pulling it down after the race lolll. I'm sure there were 2 versions, the initial talking and gassing

And then assuming she won, the 'told you ' version. They kept plugging it after the body.
Man **** that commercial :lol: Yes Nike has those locked and loaded. Now that commercial is playing in parts of Africa where they celebrated the suns winning the finals :rofl:

Last edited:
Sha' Carri Broner just needs to go away. There is no salvaging this. She wrote a check her a** couldn't cash. I wonder if Nike will quietly drop her as a sponsored athlete in the near future.

Last edited:
2nd dude makes a great point it’s easier to run 10.7 when you know you can relax because you’ll catch the other guys by the end even if they get you off the line

but when you in it with girls who just as fast and/or faster, you start getting tight and that easy speed aint going be there.. That was the issue with asafa powell

And that's exactly why I said SCR wasn't winning leading up to Tokyo. Experience on that level tends to win 95% of the time.

Sha' Carri Broner just needs to go away. There is no salvaging this. She wrote a check her a** couldn't cash. I wonder if Nike will quietly drop has as a sponsored athlete in the near future.
I’m guessing the weed thing was a huge strike. After this it should be over and out for Nike. A personality without winning is just a gimmick. She want that Biles love without being the goat.

Back
Top Bottom