I'm still here. Still a Knick fan. %!#% Bron. Let's just focus on the future. Get some good players, use our cap space wisely and let us beat these mother @+!%$%+. G'night team NYK
smile.gif

trust me the knicks have moved on... this is an established franchise that is bigger than 1 player... if anything it was lebrons lost because he messed up his legacy by chasing a ring instead of earning 1... this team is not going to suffer for not having lebron like cleveland is

Originally Posted by bittersweet

From the Cleveland Owner ...

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region thathe deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotionalbuild-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision"unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probablythe history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of thehard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometownCavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of therecent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next severaldays and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBACHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardwareto Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishnessand betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" topreviously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sendsthe exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn.And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can onlyserve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with himdown south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (andthe town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell andbad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

dan_signature.gif

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

wow, guaranteeing a chip before bron. good luck on that. but since they have money they was supposed to give bron, who knows?

Originally Posted by Digger85

this is def really disappointing, but idk if its just me, but i feel even stronger in my conviction in being a knick fan, then maybe i ever have. we will put a squad together with guys who want to play here and have the guts to. hopefully we can put a squad together to take these guys on

exactly.

Had this dream team landed in NY I bet none of y'all would be saying LBJ took the easy way out. Biggest group of haters I've ever seen in my life.

So we get Turiaf, Azubuike and Randolph for Lee? That's not a bad haul for us. Hopefully all 3 of them come back fully recovered from their injuries.

I would have loved to get Morrow from the Warriors. Dude is a player.

Extremely disappointed, but we got damn good pieces and a good amount of cap space. Cant be mad at that.

I hope Amar'e breaks that %$+# Bosh arm on a dunk . We going to the playoffs this year the knicks should have enough mike miller should be a good pick up for guard

Originally Posted by quik1987

Had this dream team landed in NY I bet none of y'all would be saying LBJ took the easy way out. Biggest group of haters I've ever seen in my life.

because that was never the scenario anybody thought of. we would have been happy with landing two.

I hope Amar'e breaks that @*$* Bosh arm on a dunk . We going to the playoffs this year the knicks should have enough mike miller should be a good pick up for guard

the *%+!! casperjr comin in here posting a big %@% smiley face

as if the bulls aint GIVE AWAY kirk hinrich and the 17th pick to clear space for lebron

you missed out too %%@*%$%, so take that !+%$ back to the drawing board

yes lebron would have been an amazing addition, but we just came up like a muhh off that trade

and i know we're not done..this team is going places man..going places

this is indeed disappointing, but knicks fans should move on. Its lebron's loss not NY. He could've been something great in NY, but in MIA he'll just be one of those bandwagoners and Wade's puppy. It was too young for him to panic of not winning a chip, he could've just signed in CHI or NYC for 3 years and try for himself but instead chose MIA the cowardly choice. NYC is the best place for him to build his own name and legacy, coz CHI is MJ country always, and CLE, you can't build a legacy there coz its a small market IMO. I hope amar'e and co kicks MIA #%+ even for just a game and I hope that CLE can win one over MIA this season even just once even if it is a lucky shot by Varejao or who anybody in that lineup.

as for NYK, they should be very careful in signing players choose wisely walsh, this can still be turned around even without the Bandwagon King. One thing going is NYK is still better than NJN.

can we blame this disaster to E Curry not opting out? Of course it was in his best interest to not opt out coz it would've been hard to get a contract for him nowadays, but I mean if he opted out NYK could have had enough space to sign all 3 FAs and I think NY has a better set of players in contract than MIA.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

as if the bulls aint GIVE AWAY kirk hinrich and the 17th pick to clear space for lebron

yes lebron would have been an amazing addition, but we just came up like a muhh off that trade

You are delusional if you think that the Knicks came away from this better off than the Bulls.

Exactly dude thinks they came up on some sort of deal. You guys got it worse trying to clear cap space and no one besides Boozer. Dude would be the last pick and only got him as a last ditch effort. Thought they were landing Lebron or Wade or both and ended with Boozer. At least we got Amare and some good young talent. Basically gave Kirk away for nothing.

How are we filling out our roster now? I like the 2man pick up from GS (I feel Turiaf is a bum).

Should we resign McGrady? He sounded like he still wants to play with his fresh start (unless he's ring chasing now). Plus we still need a legitimate starting center.

Starting: Douglas-Chandler-Gallo-Amare-Randolph

Bench: Ridnour -Walker - Azubuike -Turiaf

1 - Don't sign anyone to any huge contracts...Save money
2 - Curry off the books

Hopefully we can sign Parker and Melo...

If we can sign them two.. we are RIGHT there with the Heats

Bossh vs. Amare is a close call
Bron vs. Melo is a close call
Wade vs. Parker.. edge to wade but we have a great playmaker..

Maybe we can package someone for Parker?

Our core is very good though..

And NJ is the biggest losers.. didnt even sign Lee smh.. Chicago got better

Exactly dude thinks they came up on some sort of deal. You guys got it worse trying to clear cap space and no one besides Boozer. Dude would be the last pick and only got him as a last ditch effort. Thought they were landing Lebron or Wade or both and ended with Boozer. At least we got Amare and some good young talent. Basically gave Kirk away for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom