31 pieces of advice, from a NTer who just turned 31 today... and a $31 giveaway

old-man-crying.gif

29. Have a #1 for all of your attire. A nice suit that fits perfect. A going out shirt. A solid tee shirt. Perfect fitting jeans. Swim shorts that fit exact. Gym shorts where your phone doesn't fall out. Having a loaded closet of the same type of clothes is a bonus, however as an adult you need a #1 of all your essentials and keep them updated to rotate. It's better to spend $300 on one pair of jeans than going to Old Navy and spending $200 on ten pairs.

HBD OP
Any other NT'ers over 31 years old like me?! Hahah

OP I always liked my dad's advice: Smart men never go cheap on suits, watches and (dress) shoes.... (and brakes - NEVER go cheap with brakes)

Turn 31 this year too, I find myself chopping it up with pops a lot more than my younger days.

For real on this one.
My dad passed away when I was 31.

I doubt young NT'ers will grasp the "Be Cool with your parents because they'll be gone one day" advice.

Last edited:
I just turn 28...

Getting married + buying a house this year.

time is flying :smh:

Side note most of my boys still live with Moms :x :smh:

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, :smokin

About to hit 32 in a couple of weeks, would only add one thing...

Travel as much as possible, especially when you are young and single. See the world experience it for yourself and with friends. Share those experiences and re-visit when you have a significant other and children. **** material ****, they will only anchor you down in your early to mid-twenties. I started traveling in my late 20's when my bank account was a bit more flush. I could've traveled more if it wasn't for scooping kicks once or twice a month (Adds up, don't know how kids do it weekly now :wow:). Remember when you are young, you can crash on couches, share hotel rooms, sleep on floors. You don't want that in your late 20's :lol:. If it's a couples situation, sharing a room is not an option, NOT AN OPTION!

Happy Birthday, :smokin

About to hit 32 in a couple of weeks, would only add one thing...

Travel as much as possible, especially when you are young and single. See the world experience it for yourself and with friends. Share those experiences and re-visit when you have a significant other and children. **** material ****, they will only anchor you down in your early to mid-twenties. I started traveling in my late 20's when my bank account was a bit more flush. I could've traveled more if it wasn't for scooping kicks once or twice a month (Adds up, don't know how kids do it weekly now :wow:). Remember when you are young, you can crash on couches, share hotel rooms, sleep on floors. You don't want that in your late 20's :lol:. If it's a couples situation, sharing a room is not an option, NOT AN OPTION!

:lol: This. I missed out on some of the travel you can do when you're younger because the money just was never there. Once you get older and got some cash in your pockets, slumming just ain't an option anymore.

Happy Birthday and awesome words!

I might be mistaken you for someone else but.................aint you from Denver? :nerd:

Last edited:
View media item 946974
This right here. The one about being the one. This is so golden. At times I forget how simple love should be. But reading it made me remember that: happy birthday brodie :smile:

20. If you can have a beer with her around your buddies, bring her to family dinners, have a blast with her when you are alone, and not be worried one bit when she is alone with other friends... she may be the one.

i hate you for being right...

OP dropped some jewels for ya'll, take heed. I agree with the majority of it (Pick N Roll really is unstoppable in casual settings lol). Also, agree with those who say you should travel as much as possible. It will change you for the better as a person.

Travel as much as possible, especially when you are young and single. See the world experience it for yourself and with friends. Share those experiences and re-visit when you have a significant other and children. **** material ****, they will only anchor you down in your early to mid-twenties. I started traveling in my late 20's when my bank account was a bit more flush. I could've traveled more if it wasn't for scooping kicks once or twice a month (Adds up, don't know how kids do it weekly now
eek.gif
). Remember when you are young, you can crash on couches, share hotel rooms, sleep on floors. You don't want that in your late 20's
laugh.gif
. If it's a couples situation, sharing a room is not an option, NOT AN OPTION!
This is my motto for the summer. I already have 4 more concerts lined up.

Track_22.gif

you're so awesome you have two bday threads

2. Shoes crumble away... the trick is getting rid of them before you get the Dikembe McCrumble.

I guess but it seems to defeat the purpose of wearing a pair you truly love until the end of its cycle...what about sneakers that doesnt deteriorate like the Jordan 1s?

Your move Tan father... :nerd:

7. Every year, find one teacher who you respect and can learn from. Let them know that. Learn from them. Absorb all you can from them. Most importantly, keep in touch with them. Those are the refs you want when it comes to job search time.

I think this is highly underrated. Not only will a strong reference from a respectable professor help you out when it comes to looking for a job, but when you build a solid relationship with them during the semester, it can pay dividends at the end when it's grading time. For example, I would often miss a certain teacher's class due to work, but always go into his office when he was available and have real, genuine conversations with him about any and everything. Per university policy, because I missed so many classes I was supposed to get a "FE" or "Failure due to excessive absences". Instead, since I built a personal relationship with him and he understood my situation, he never made it an issue and would often give me a few extra credit points because of some of the debates we would have.

All that being said, great list and Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom