36 shot in Chicago in 36 hrs.

>D  it is tho.

this is what you said to me...this had nothing to do with me watching the video for 10 seconds.

you THOUGHT i was disagreeing with the quote you bolded when i wasn't. i proceeded

to tell you that and you start talking about i should watch the video before i make a judgement.

you are failing time and time again. i ended up watching the entire video out of pure curiosity

and my point still stands. the white guy laughing and thinking it's so comical when Durk says he saved

his life, him saying Chop created drill when that's not the case, etc. is all even more of a testament that

he researched very little for this and just wanted to benefit from the world's fascination.

also i don't have to watch more than 10 seconds of a snuff film

or anything else exploitive to know it's exploitive. therefore every single one of the points

you've tried to make thus far is invalid.

It's been crazy out here.[emoji]128530[/emoji]It's very sad. [emoji]128532[/emoji]The spot light is just on the city. Gang banging will never stop in Chicago. [emoji]128165[/emoji][emoji]128299[/emoji]It starts at home. Unraised savages, fathers are absent.....they don't know how to love because they've never been loved. Anger, guns, drugs, gangs,warm weather, and rap can be a deadly combo. God Bless[emoji]128591[/emoji]I love my land but it's crucial

you are failing time and time again. i ended up watching the entire video out of pure curiosity

and my point still stands. the white guy laughing and thinking it's so comical when Durk says he saved

his life, him saying Chop created drill when that's not the case, etc. is all even more of a testament that

he researched very little for this and just wanted to benefit from the world's fascination.

also i don't have to watch more than 10 seconds of a snuff film

or anything else exploitive to know it's exploitive. therefore every single one of the points

you've tried to make thus far is invalid.
Well i'm glad this back and forth at least made you watch the vid, if nothing else. 
laugh.gif

Everything else I underlined seems like stretch conjecture at best. I mean if you're going the route of, "the white guy interviews the black guy about his problems and just goes back to his life" route then really you probably don't like any journalists talking to anyone. Which is a stance, but a piss poor one. Does exploitation happen? Yeah, but your examples used to support your claim are well--thin at best.

Last edited:
:smh: c'mon man we (as black people) need to do better

"Summertime is the killing season, it's hot out this *****, that's a good enough reason"

Chicago just keeps getting worse and worse

That whole "Chriraq" **** needs to end son, it's not cool at all. Guns and shooting ppl ain't cool. And I'm not even mentioning that Lefrak City was the first to claim "Iraq"

I really hope it simmers down over there

Good luck. It's like most of these dudes don't even see reason anymore.

Came in to say this. It's almost hopeless. I mean, how do you break this cycle? For every gangbanger that drops, there's a couple more youngin's to replace him.

I can deny. I am from NY.  There are really only pockets of intense gang activity in ny and it's really spread out. It's not really cool anymore to be about that life.
From a Brooklyn perspective, Brownsville is the only place in Brooklyn that's really about it these days.
From NY can and cosign on this. Its so nice for that mentality to be taking over. Gang crap doesnt go anyway mostly anymore

Chicago always been wild.. Now all of a sudden people are paying attention.

mean.gif
c'mon man we (as black people) need to do better

"Summertime is the killing season, it's hot out this *****, that's a good enough reason"

That whole "Chriraq" **** needs to end son, it's not cool at all. Guns and shooting ppl ain't cool. And I'm not even mentioning that Lefrak City was the first to claim "Iraq"

Good luck. It's like most of these dudes don't even see reason anymore.
Came in to say this. It's almost hopeless. I mean, how do you break this cycle? For every gangbanger that drops, there's a couple more youngin's to replace him.
Pretty much. Being in the same age group and growing up alongside these dudes I feel like I have a better perspective of what's going on than the older cats and I guarantee you these dudes don't give a **** what anyone has to say. They don't want your help..

Majority of blacks are born into broken homes with slightly over a 1/3 well below the federal poverty level with this current crab-in-a-bucket culture praising all the activities that keep them a prisoner of the system and downing everything that can positively impact their situation. Born to lose. 

To fix anything would have to be a joint effort.. Racism is still alive and well, and that's another topic entirely but if that was addressed (I personally dont see racism dying, ever) while simultaneously addressing black culture I feel like real progress could be made. 

Thing is.. I never see this happening. There is money to be made in the new slave system and any and all crimes committed before that 1/3 of the black male population is tossed into the system is just an unfortunate byproduct but they eventually fulfill their 'purpose'. 

We're exterminating ourselves out here.. It's one thing to see the path to your doom, another entirely to knowingly walk it. City I live in is worse than Chicago for black males all around and what im trying to say is if these black youths had a **** to give.. It's been gone. Could have easily been about that life if it wasn't for pops, my greatest blessing on this Earth. 

The system sets them up for failure and the youth just accept it.. It's a lose/lose. Even when they understand these things they still go out and do the same **** because they don't know anything else. They have no skills, education has lacked their entire lives, poor teachers that could care less, parents that have no business being one, man it's too real right now.

Being in the same age group and growing up alongside these dudes I feel like I have a better perspective of what's going on than the older cats and I guarantee you these dudes don't give a **** what anyone has to say.

:lol:.............:smh:

Everything you said was said by my generation, and the generation before that, and the generation before that.

At least my brother had NWA, I had No Limit/Triple 6/CM. Keef and Durkheim :lol:

Sadly y'all actually think your different, and sadly the cycle continues.

Reactions: wr

Being in the same age group and growing up alongside these dudes I feel like I have a better perspective of what's going on than the older cats and I guarantee you these dudes don't give a **** what anyone has to say.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Everything you said was said by my generation, and the generation before that, and the generation before that.

At least my brother had NWA, I had No Limit/Triple 6/CM. Keef and Durkheim
laugh.gif

Sadly y'all actually think your different, and sadly the cycle continues.
I doubt it but we're all entitled to one. 

Being from Finland i don't understand why would weather play such a big role in this. Rest of the year is cold as **** in here and when summer comes in june there is no spike in violence.

Last edited:
:smh: c'mon man we (as black people) need to do better

Won't let me bold on my 4S but I have to quote that "We as Black people have to do better." That's the realest thing ever said.

Last edited:
Man I just started hearing people call Chicago chiraq, it's nuts what's going on there, it's a sad way to live

Being from Finland i don't understand why would weather play such a big role in this. Rest of the year is cold as **** in here and when summer comes in june there is no spike in violence.

A slew of impoverished teenagers who are now out of school, with no a/c in their homes, a bunch of aggression and weapons.

Last edited:
For anybody really interested in how chicago has gotten this way watch CNN Chicagoland. It's far less exploitative of the chi and goes deeper into the problems surrounding the children. they have several episodes on the website.

Back
Top Bottom