36 shot in Chicago in 36 hrs.

Being from Finland i don't understand why would weather play such a big role in this. Rest of the year is cold as **** in here and when summer comes in june there is no spike in violence.

Being from Finland i don't understand why would weather play such a big role in this. Rest of the year is cold as **** in here and when summer comes in june there is no spike in violence.

A slew of impoverished teenagers who are now out of school, with no a/c in their homes, a bunch of aggression and weapons.

Yup. And it's easier to get drugs/alcohol when it's warm out. Worked at an inner-city MPLS liquor store for a while, summer gets wild because characters can walk in from all over and get their pint.

The scary thing about all of this is the white conservative perspective. My parents are ultra tolerant, but my roommates' parents are from small town Minnesota and love Bill O'Reilly and fools like that. His mom fired up one time and told me about "look at the statistics, the blacks in this country need to get their head out of their ***" ... it scared me because I don't think judgmental, simple people like that will ever change their mind. She doesn't understand history, context or the big picture, she just hears Rush Limbaugh and those idiots spewing crime stats. Wow, breaking news everyone, there is more crime in high density population areas. Literally the only thing you can do is wait for these people to die and be removed from the voters base.

Real questions tho:

So someone posted "crab mentality, set up for failure, the system etc etc"

But then, another poster said that in NYC "Its not really cool to be about that life anymore".

I wondering how did NYC get out of this mess while Chi is deep in it?

Or is it that NYC was never as deep as Chi in the first place?

Or is it that the bangers in NYC are being pushed to the outskirts thanks to gentrification?

Or did someone come along and cleanup NYC's streets and start programs to keep the kids from joining gangs in the first place?

And why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

Yup. And it's easier to get drugs/alcohol when it's warm out. Worked at an inner-city MPLS liquor store for a while, summer gets wild because characters can walk in from all over and get their pint.

The scary thing about all of this is the white conservative perspective. My parents are ultra tolerant, but my roommates' parents are from small town Minnesota and love Bill O'Reilly and fools like that. His mom fired up one time and told me about "look at the statistics, the blacks in this country need to get their head out of their ***" ... it scared me because I don't think judgmental, simple people like that will ever change their mind. She doesn't understand history, context or the big picture, she just hears Rush Limbaugh and those idiots spewing crime stats. Wow, breaking news everyone, there is more crime in high density population areas. Literally the only thing you can do is wait for these people to die and be removed from the voters base.

As bad as it sounds i really can't wait for those things to happen fresh minds with fresh ideas and a better spectrum of the world need to take these power positions. Not saying that racism and ignorance will be gone, but this generation has been exposed to a completely different world then the baby boomers.

Real questions tho:

But then, another poster said that in NYC "Its not really cool to be about that life anymore".

Or is it that the bangers in NYC are being pushed to the outskirts thanks to gentrification?

Or did someone come along and cleanup NYC's streets and start programs to keep the kids from joining gangs in the first place?

Truth be told it's a little bit of all that.

1) NYC NEVER had rooted gangs like Chicago, however the gang violence in the chi is now is very loosely based on the structure that they had in the 80's and 90's.
2) NYC still has very, very real sections that harbor similar violence, however considering outside of the Bronx many large areas of the other boroughs are gentrified the numbers have become lower. Hell places like newburg, Albany, Mt Vernon etc etc on the outskirts of NYC are on the border of mimicking what's going down in Chicago.
3) the access to guns is completely different, I could only imagine what would happen if these lil ****** in my hood were to easily get their hands on choppas & ****** army guns :smh:
4) The NYPD by its self is the 20th biggest military in the WORLD. Mix that in with Bloomberg's persistence on making NYC safer and bringing more business to NYC under his rule the streets were targeted much heavier than ever before. Hell project buildings in NYC now have cameras on damn near every elevator and floor.

Real questions tho:

This happened to NY

View media item 917980

Won't let me bold on my 4S but I have to quote that "We as Black people have to do better." That's the realest thing ever said.

I always thought that was stupid. Why do we(blacks) always make the bad apples be representative of our race as a whole? If a white guy or Asian guy commits a murder nobody says "We as whites/Asians need to do better". Why should we acknowledge people perpetrating crimes as if our race is committing the crime?

Truth be told it's a little bit of all that.

1) NYC NEVER had rooted gangs like Chicago, however the gang violence in the chi is now is very loosely based on the structure that they had in the 80's and 90's.
2) NYC still has very, very real sections that harbor similar violence, however considering outside of the Bronx many large areas of the other boroughs are gentrified the numbers have become lower. Hell places like newburg, Albany, Mt Vernon etc etc on the outskirts of NYC are on the border of mimicking what's going down in Chicago.
3) the access to guns is completely different, I could only imagine what would happen if these lil ****** in my hood were to easily get their hands on choppas & ****** army guns :smh:
4) The NYPD by its self is the 20th biggest military in the WORLD. Mix that in with Bloomberg's persistence on making NYC safer and bringing more business to NYC under his rule the streets were targeted much heavier than ever before. Hell project buildings in NYC now have cameras on damn near every elevator and floor.

You can say that that happened to NY. That dudes got soft etc etc.

But would you really rather have the hardest of hard gangbangers in the streets repping your city, blowing each other/innocent bystanders away or would you have goofy lookin kids camping for kicks, sitting on the stoop arguing about J's, taking selfies, and helping NYC turn into the Disneyland that it is?

I for one would be for the latter. Let kids be kids, not soldiers in a struggle.

Out of curiosity...besides speeches, has Obama done anything to help remedy some of these problems like Chicago is having w/ gun violence? I'm talking about allocating more funds into inner-city schools etc.?

To me, it seems like the situation is getting worse and worse with each passing year. What's the end game?

chicago crime is depressing. its just years of mayor daley now rahm emanuel who place their focus on the wrong things.

for the most part if you're smart and aware you wont hit any trouble. I went to school (at the time) literally blocks from several projects. the apts my friends stayed in were literally next door. few ppl got jumped cars broken into, but nothing more serious than that.

3) the access to guns is completely different, I could only imagine what would happen if these lil ****** in my hood were to easily get their hands on choppas & ****** army guns mean.gif

This is worth exploring. NY has super tight gun laws, right? Hence Wayne's gun arrest and various other people? Has it been effective?

Out of curiosity...besides speeches, has Obama done anything to help remedy some of these problems like Chicago is having w/ gun violence? I'm talking about allocating more funds into inner-city schools etc.?

To me, it seems like the situation is getting worse and worse with each passing year. What's the end game?

His hands are pretty much tied from a political stand point. If he talks about guns, everyone even people in his own party will rage. If he sends federal law enforcement, if will be spun negatively from the hard right and hard left, "police state" and "trying to lock up more young black men". And it will be viewed as him using federal resources to help a old buddy.

When the violence start spilling into richer white neighborhoods, I could see this getting extremely bad. Like Brazil favela pacification bad

Smh. If only some of y'all understood why it's like this. They made it this way.

Modern day slavery is happening. Some peoe are too dumb to realize this.

Seen this song posted earlier in the week.

How do I create annotations?
Mac D-R-E, Mac D-R-E (do you feel me?)

[Verse 1: Mac Dre]
I did the thing in the pen the whole time I was in
I stayed soaking up game and steady pushing my pen
I read about **** I never knew existed
Before I went to jail I had the whole thing twisted
But now I know and I'm finna expose
What really goes on behind closed doors
Them devils got a plot that'll shock the nation
To control black power and population
Snake ***********s been running the game
That all started off with crack cocaine
They flooded neighborhoods where the black folks dwell
And got everybody using and trying to sell
When drug dealing increased then the killings increased
Then more young black brothers came up deceased
Senseless violence invaded the streets
They had us killing each other but we couldn't peep
We was pawns in the game that the fools created
And this is what they did to keep things shaded
In 1985 they launched the War on Drugs
Claiming that they dreaded all the killers and thugs
But this was Phase 2 of a fat plan
To control the population of the black man
Even back then, it didn't seem right
When them racist police got the green light
In Chicago, Miami, Atlanta GA
Little Rock, Louisville and the OAK
New York, Minnesota, and all them places
Young brothers got stuck with dope cases
To the public they looked like heroes
While young brothers looked like zeroes
They took black men from black ladies
Cuz with less black men
There's less black babies ain't it shady?
It gets way deep
Phase 3 is the plan to keep us off the streets
They stuck us in jail and said now that we got y'all
Let us introduce you to this crack law
Now everybody know what the crack is
In them ghetto neighborhoods where the blacks live
Crack is coke cooked with baking soda
But no matter how you cook it, it's still yola
But the courts got laws that punish folks
A 100 more times than powdered coke
You ask why? Well I'm goin' tell it
They charge more for crack
Cuz black folks sell it
Is it justice or is it just us?
And them devil ************* against us
Our future lawyers and presidents
Got cold prison cells for residence
And them young black souljas with brave hearts?
Is filling up the cells and the grave yards
And the black queen? She also losing
Because she turn to theft and prostitute
To support a habit that's part of a plan
To regulate the status of the black man
Will it change or will we all remain
Some ************* pawns in this game?

Quote:​

Real questions tho:

This happened to NY
 ​
Lmfaoo dead at the dude in the back with the 'C'mon Son' face​
 ​
Looks like dude was walking and stopped mid-stride just to show his disgust 
laugh.gif
 ​

Last edited:
This is an interview with David Simon (Creator of The Wire). He sat down with PBS to discuss how places like inner city Baltimore & simply "impoverished Hoods" are created and sustained. This discussion gives a hell of a break down about how this all became.

Real questions tho:

I think New York gangs have always been more rooted in the drug trade and moneymaking side. People were trying to survive. And that's not different from anywhere else

But Chicago has a lot of generational gang members. Blood feuds over who shot who are on equal footing with entrepreneurship.

Last edited:
Real questions tho:

1 word
MAYOR GULIANI AND GOVERNOR PATAKI

Last edited:
I always thought that was stupid. Why do we(blacks) always make the bad apples be representative of our race as a whole? If a white guy or Asian guy commits a murder nobody says "We as whites/Asians need to do better". Why should we acknowledge people perpetrating crimes as if our race is committing the crime?

Idk maybe because our existence in this country is based on the grouping together of our people along with a set of stereotypes that cause even the outliers to be treated like the bad apples by a lot of people. People all cross america believe Blacks to be menaces and even when you're not you may be treated like one. Therefore when one black person does something and it makes the news, many Americans will place that action and the characteristics that come with it on all blacks.

I dont think its an issue saying "we as blacks need to do better" because quite frankly in these scenarios we are the initial problem. Its young black unmotivated males committing crimes and murdering other young black misguided unmotivated black males. Its sickening mainly because we glorify these acts. When an asian kills an asian, its not tweeted about, or put in the next song lyric or broadcasted to the masses the way these chicago gangs do it. but we actually have a problem, but at the same time we promote the problem. These Vice/Noisey documentaries I feel bring awareness to the issues in Chicago, but at the same time I feel its just an opportunity for them to establish their brand, which I cant get mad at. Idk what its gonna take to clean up the Chi man....that place is literally a modern day Gotham City.

Last edited:
I dont think its an issue saying "we as blacks need to do better" because quite frankly in these scenarios we are the initial problem. Its young black unmotivated males committing crimes and murdering other young black misguided unmotivated black males. Its sickening mainly because we glorify these acts. When an asian kills an asian, its not tweeted about, or put in the next song lyric or broadcasted to the masses the way these chicago gangs do it. but we actually have a problem, but at the same time we promote the problem. These Vice/Noisey documentaries I feel bring awareness to the issues in Chicago, but at the same time I feel its just an opportunity for them to establish their brand, which I cant get mad at. Idk what its gonna take to clean up the Chi man....that place is literally a modern day Gotham City.

Its young black unmotivated males committing crimes and murdering other young black misguided unmotivated black males.

This is the difference between blacks and other races in this country. We are faced with conditions that breed these grounds, this isn't happening by random nature but by a collage of social factors that have made this the norm. It started with slavery, civil rights came into effect and a movement was built, suddenly every hood in America was overturned by the drug trade and no jobs. Now a system has effectively been set up that submerges people in crime, jail, death, and addiction.

Real questions tho:

1 word
MAYOR GULIANI AND GOVERNOR PATAKI
how is that even close to being one word 
laugh.gif

This is the difference between blacks and other races in this country. We are faced with conditions that breed these grounds, this isn't happening by random nature but by a collage of social factors that have made this the norm. It started with slavery, civil rights came into effect and a movement was built, suddenly every hood in America was overturned by the drug trade and no jobs. Now a system has effectively been set up that submerges people in crime, jail, death, and addiction.

This right here is the problem. The blame game. If you trick yourself into believing something isn't your fault then you will never succeed. This is human nature. People with this mindset need to reevaluate their thought process. It is more detrimental then any of those scapegoats you posted.

Say what you want about the history of black america... I think we can all agree that things didn't get off to a good start, and the transition from slavery to "freedom" has been rocky.

Instead of conspiracies about Reagan dropping off packages to little Avon in the 80s, though, how can things improve moving forward?

Btw Native Americans might have it worse overall.

Back
Top Bottom