40 Hour Work Week

How many hours do you work a week?

• Under 40

Votes: 15 22.1%

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
just for your wellbeing and thinking long term health, 20 hour work days just doesn't sound like a great thing

but hey if that works for you and it brings in that bread, go at it

just for your wellbeing and thinking long term health, 20 hour work days just doesn't sound like a great thing

but hey if that works for you and it brings in that bread, go at it
It’s doable if you get your proper breaks and plan for food.

Yeah it’s nothing healthy about working that long. Usually you’re up until bedtime the next day so you miss one sleep. :lol:

that’s what I do at least so I can keep a schedule and not pass out at like 2pm or something and ruin my sleep schedule.

these country dudes I work with are different. They’ll work 20 hours, go to the bar and party and it’s nothing.

Yeah it’s nothing healthy about working that long. Usually you’re up until bedtime the next day so you miss one sleep. :lol:

that’s what I do at least so I can keep a schedule and not pass out at like 2pm or something and ruin my sleep schedule.

these country dudes I work with are different. They’ll work 20 hours, go to the bar and party and it’s nothing.
Agreed, some people are wired different. My mom used to work 12-hour shifts and do Union work after, yet only needs 4-6 hours of sleep. She is the type that rarely sits still and rather be active through out her day.

With me, I prefer to have my days balanced with work and relaxation. 4×10's is my type of schedule.

First day is "doable". The second day is gonna be the hard one..

The closest I did doin that was working a 17 hour shift then start my other job in 5 hours and do a full shift there and then go back to the first job and work a full shift there and repeat for the whole week . Don't ever wanna go back to doin that but if its only 2 days its doable

I've done 20 unintentionally before, then had to roll back in on 3 something hours sleep, it's ****ing awful. Wouldn't make it long but **** i'd try for the right check, spend the break studying how to survive and maximize it.

I work well on as little as four hours of sleep. Going straight from work (graveyard shift) to school was normal for months at one point.

This summer I had a long day at work filled with problems. Worked until 7am from like noon the day before.

THEN they needed a machine moved at like 11am for an interstate job. (Major fines if you don’t get it done) so I had to move that after I just slept in the office for a bit and said f it I’ll work another 12 hours.

checks hit hard though at least when you do that.

feel like age has a big factor to it too like mentioned earlier in the thread

when you're younger, you have more energy and desire to work more/harder to get to where you want, but i feel like the older you get and once you're at that point where you have a good position and nice pay, you'd prefer to stay away from those tedious working hours

Lol @ “not possible.”

done much longer than that plowing snow.

Oh word?

giphy.gif

feel like age has a big factor to it too like mentioned earlier in the thread

when you're younger, you have more energy and desire to work more/harder to get to where you want, but i feel like the older you get and once you're at that point where you have a good position and nice pay, you'd prefer to stay away from those tedious working hours
The idea should be for you to work harder as a youth and then hopefully you’ll be in a position to not have to do so when you’re older.

hopefully the new trend will be a 4 day work week, how long have people been working five 8-hour days anyway, since the beginning of time?

Yeah check the articles in OP

This was the year when workers united and asked for better working conditions and hours. It is to be noted that they were working way more than 100 hours. A 70 hour work week or 100 hour work week was a norm back then.

Nearly 50 years after the first revolution, the National Labor Union proposed a law for a 40 hour workweek. It received a huge public support, even though the law wasn’t passed.

Is the 40 hour work week enough to get by or get ahead?

1611095019528.png

1611095039099.png

Man, my daughter keeps trying to get to let my wife take her to work. :lol:

At least she wants to work.

Back
Top Bottom