40 Hour Work Week

How many hours do you work a week?

• Under 40

Votes: 15 22.1%

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
I got the idea from a youtube personality named Kevin Samuels. He believes that in order for men to be of high value and to be among the top earners of society, that working 60+ hours in today's world is necessary. The end goal is for it to assist in living a "higher quality life"
I think Kevin Samuels isn't specifically speaking on a man needing to work that many hours per se.

More so the the man making money like that on a job is typically working that many hours. He's saying on average the 40hr a week hourly wage job is not going to net the money/lifestyle women associate with what they think is a good job. Also means he's not gonna have the free time of a man of lesser means. He's trying to educate women on what they actually get when they get the man they claim they are matched with or need.

As far as long work weeks being productive it depends what you’re doing.

for me the longer I work the more I get done. I just get a list of stuff to move and have to get it done that day. If I get through it fast I can call in and get more stuff to move if I want or go home. My goal is to make as much money as possible over the summer so I like OT. it’s def not for most people.

my job has no ot limit or anything and they understaff on purpose so we all can grind. If we all were like I only want 40 hours they’d hire more people.

In my industry I'm salaried so my work week depends on what projects are happening. Typically I'll pull more 50-60 hour weeks at end of quarters or in the beginning of the year. On off times I can go about working a cool 20-30 hours a week.

That compacted schedule sounds tough but having a few days where you only focus on work, then the rest for everything else but work sounds kinda dope. Probably ideal for a relationship without kids.

I love my 3x13hr. shifts per week.

Even better when I can schedule myself the last 3 days of the week and then work the first 3 of the next week so that my work schedule is 6 days on/8 days off. :nthat:

I know you’re in healthcare from the corona thread.

do you get ot after 8? That would be a nice schedule. :pimp:

That compacted schedule sounds tough but having a few days where you only focus on work, then the rest for everything else but work sounds kinda dope. Probably ideal for a relationship without kids.
Word.

The whole 2 day weekend paradigm is tough.
If you go out on Friday night, spend Saturday recovering and all Sunday contemplating " going back to work tomorrow".

EgxJVjv.jpg

The pandemic showed all these places that working from home is feasible. but we all gotta be careful, while it may seem like a good idea (being at home, being with fam) we have to remember to call it a day at a certain point. it's not working from home, it's living at work - I'm not trying to get to that point. I've got two young kids and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of them before they turn into teenagers and think they're too good t hang out with their pops....
Just gotta be disciplined with shutting it down n making it a consistent time so folks get used to it...My job got core hours where you gotta be available and responsive between 10am-3pm, I stretch it till 4 n they ain’t getting a damn thing outta me after that no matter what :lol:

Just gotta be disciplined with shutting it down n making it a consistent time so folks get used to it...My job got core hours where you gotta be available and responsive between 10am-3pm, I stretch it till 4 n they ain’t getting a damn thing outta me after that no matter what :lol:

yeah I hear ya, I do too. I'll give 150% during work hours, but after I'm off, I'm OFF. Been at the job for 15 years and I guess I'm kinda jaded now but hey, all that work will be there tomorrow; and just because it's your emergency doesn't mean it's mine too. it ain't my fault that you lagged on stuff but now you trying to rush everybody. *****....

I wouldn’t want to work from home. I need to get out. The drive to work pretty much wakes me up. Don’t think I would be too productive working from home. My schedule works for me. Tue - Sat. Although I wish I had my old hours before the merger, it is what it is.

i work 4 x 10's. im off every tuesday and the weekends. imo no one should be working more than 4 days a week. 3 would be ideal. it's just a better balance to have an almost equal number of days off and on.
BUT i am on call every other week 24/7. I only get called on a week night once in a blue moon but the weekends is about a 30-40% chance i get called in. it is tough being on call so often but this is where i have been really able to stack some bread on top of my original salary. It only works though because i don't get called in too often and when i do it's usually for only around 2-3 hours.
everytime i do get called in though i get time and a half + weekend differential + (if after 2pm) 2nd shift differential or 3rd shift differential (after 6)+ getting paid to just be on call.

for example i was on call this whole last week 7 days and didn't get one single call. i got paid almost an extra 700$ for absolutely nothing.

Since money don't equal happiness, donate some of that extra $ to a real one plair....

I wouldn’t want to work from home. I need to get out. The drive to work pretty much wakes me up. Don’t think I would be too productive working from home. My schedule works for me. Tue - Sat. Although I wish I had my old hours before the merger, it is what it is.
Living in LA, I never look forward to the drive from work and I get off at 6AM

Yeah I’d do a 2x20

idk if it’s legal but it happens in construction. Nobody cares. :lol: dudes are fiends for OT.

Lol @ “not possible.”

done much longer than that plowing snow.

sure the two days will suck, but then you got 5 days off.

Im all about consolidating my work. That’s why I’m seasonal.

Back
Top Bottom