50 Cent vs Rick Ross (Latest: Rick Ross Drops A Cartoon About G-Unit )

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

For all those people saying how 50 cent sold out and how Rick Ross makes better music, consider this:

What I have always liked about 50 cent/Gunit/Shady aftermath is the fact that they only rely on members within their own cliche to make songs. With the exception of Curtis which 50 MEANT to be a more commercial and less hardcore rap album, he has never had to rely on T-Pain or Kanye West etc to make a hit. All of his hooks are done by himself or nate dogg or another member of the fam. For Before I Self Destruct, he warned that no one should expect the features that were on Curtis. Curtis was nothing more than an experiment, or maybe even an adjustment to a world where the only thing the public likes is extensive mainstream pop features, and obviously this was not well recieved by his core listeners. Therefore, before saying that Rick Ross makes better music (forgetting that he is a fraud for the moment), take a moment to think whether Rick Ross could ever make a solid album without the aid of the industry's darlings (Akon, T-Pain, Lil Wayne) and then think of the two albums 50 cent made just using the people he trusts and meshes to well with that were bigger successes than Rick Ross will never see in his life. People come in here looking at Curtis saying how 50 is done when it was clearly, like I said, an experiment in surveying the state of the industry. Before I Self Destruct will not dissapoint.
good 1st post
Can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not but w/e
laugh.gif
No one is being sarcastic...that's an excellent point you made.

It really was a good first post.
laugh.gif

The average radio listener might not now who Rick Ross is...but the average hip hop fan does. Rick Ross isn't exactly an "unknown", but he'snot on Ja Rule status (in terms of popularity) when 50 and co. crushed him.

I see people are looking at this the wrong way. Say what you want about Rick Ross, he clearly is making better music, that being the reason 50 is attacking himin other ways.

I don't care what ANYBODY says Ross could have been a CO in jail, but 50 clearly SNITCHED.

Which leaves you dead in the streets in my opinion, I don't care how much money you have or how many albums you have sold.

They are both frontin, using REAL street **#$+$ names, to try and gain some type of credibility.

As much as I don't like Lil Wayne either, music wise, 50 would lose that battle.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Fif's net worth> losing on the "music front"
Is this what music has come to?

What the %@$# does 50s net worth have anything to do with us? The fans.
what's your point? who makes better music?

I still got GRODT on my iTunes... can listen to it all day, everyday... and would listen to it before I'd ever put in Port of Miami, Trilla, or Deeper than Crap.

point being... 50 not losing on any fronts. The sooner everyone, including Rick Fraud, realizes this, the sooner he'll go away and we won't have to see his saggy man boobs hanging out in the 30 degree weather freestyling.
GRODT> Any Ross CD

the whole point is 50's music isnt anything close to GRODT these days.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

The only reason Rick Ross hasn't been Ja Ruled is because on the grand scheme of things, he's a nobody. You can't be buried when the average radio listener don't know who you are.

You cant be serious.

doyung9

Your a rider, pause.

No. But I think it's funny how everybody wants to claim it's "about the music"... when no one can honestly say anything Ross hasever put out is better than GRODT.

And talk about whose "making better music now" all you want, but fact of the matter is, music is not time sensitive. it's relative. and GRODT isstill relevant.

Kanye's best CD - 2+ years ago
Jay's best CD - 2+ years ago
TIP's best CD - 2+ years ago
Wayne's best CD - 2+ years ago

see the trend? I don't want to hear Rick Ross talking about race horses, his fat %%% eating grapes, or the luxury cars he can't afford nor fit in.

Does 50 still make "good" music? Sure. Do I have a single 50 song on my cpu since the Massacre? No.

I just don't know how any of you dude's could co-sign a fraud, on any basis... I'd rather buy 10 Joaquin Phoenix rap CDs than buy Deeper thanCrap... because while both guys are actors... at least one was good at it, and will admit to it.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

The only reason Rick Ross hasn't been Ja Ruled is because on the grand scheme of things, he's a nobody. You can't be buried when the average radio listener don't know who you are.

You cant be serious.

Your a rider, pause.

No. But I think it's funny how everybody wants to claim it's "about the music"... when no one can honestly say anything Ross has ever put out is better than GRODT.

And talk about whose "making better music now" all you want, but fact of the matter is, music is not time sensitive. it's relative. and GRODT is still relevant.

Kanye's best CD - 2+ years ago
Jay's best CD - 2+ years ago
TIP's best CD - 2+ years ago
Wayne's best CD - 2+ years ago

see the trend? I don't want to hear Rick Ross talking about race horses, his fat %%% eating grapes, or the luxury cars he can't afford nor fit in.

Does 50 still make "good" music? Sure. Do I have a single 50 song on my cpu since the Massacre? No.

I just don't know how any of you dude's could co-sign a fraud, on any basis... I'd rather buy 10 Joaquin Phoenix rap CDs than buy Deeper than Crap... because while both guys are actors... at least one was good at it, and will admit to it.

Every rapper is a fraud homie and deeper than rap >>>>> 10 Joaquin Phoenix rap CDs hes not hiphop at all

this is real stupid. radio stations in atl stopped reporting on this sht real fast ... two grown men arguing over nuthin... just shut up and get money

man i think RR is hella fake i thin k he was a C.O to be a C.O but hes gonna try to flip it now like he was on some kingpin s**t bringin the dope into theprisons:. when i hear him on the interviews it seems like he talks to TUFF... i think hes just an act:.

Back
Top Bottom