7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I knew about the potatoes. Did not know about the salmon. Thanks for this.

I can't remember his name but I saw an interview with an actor recently who collapsed on stage and they eventually discovered that he had mercury poisoning. He had been trying to eat healthily - avoiding red meat etc. - so was eating a lot of fish and it made him really really ill.

Jeremy Piven - Ari from Entourage.

Props to you for using the word healthily.  A+

Originally Posted by AJMasta

If any of this stuff was really truly harmful, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be sold anymore.

LOL You REALLY believe that?
grin.gif

I can't remember his name but I saw an interview with an actor recently who collapsed on stage and they eventually discovered that he had mercury poisoning. He had been trying to eat healthily - avoiding red meat etc. - so was eating a lot of fish and it made him really really ill.

It's damn shame, many of the fish caught in our local lakes are not safe to eat on a regular basis.  I think they say once a week, even less for pregnant women
tired.gif
  But there are a lot of lakes here, and a lot of fish eating so most Minnesotans are aware of the mercury issue.

If anyone has watched the documentary titled, "The Cove" it deals with Japanese Dolphin Slaughtering Industry. There is a segment in the film where they discuss mercury levels found in various fish. A must view for all

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by theconditioner

-There is a huge debate over whether or not soy products are healthy for you (especially highly processed ones).
Yea I came across this video on this subject

http://www.youtube.com/v/N0UVjo_V00U&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/N0UVjo_V00U&hl=en_US&fs=1&
yo is this that dude that was trying to kick knowledge about how to poop correctly?  Talkin about the fall of modern society will be because of not poopin right
grin.gif

AntonLaVeywrote:
theconditionerwrote:
Good post.

Here aresome other interesting facts to consider:

-Highdairy intake increases chances of prostate cancer for men.  Sodoes high zinc intake (super high levels,though).

-BPA lasts in the human body only briefly,so its effects are not clearly understood.  I try not to messwith it though.

-There is a huge debate over whetheror not soy products are healthy for you (especially highly processedones).

-You only need 1000-1500 mg of sodium perday.  FDA suggests a daily recommended intake of about 2,400mg.  Most people get 2-3 times that much. 

-Red meat is associated with anumber of cancers. 

-(FromUNC) Never buy peaches that aren't organic.  For some reasonpesticides are hard to remove from them. 

Yep, i avoid red meatlike a bad habit. Making some mackarel as wespeak.

lulz

really everything made here is harmful look at the way they grow chicken in farms its like thousands of chickin in a little room.cows are fed corn insted of grass becuse it makes them fatter nothing is made the way its supose to be made becuse of the damand wouldent = production so they cheat around everything to make more. good docmentry is Food Inc. take a look

Thanks - that's him. I nearly said Jeremy - but couldn't think of anyone.

Just goes to show that anything in isolation can be a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

AntonLaVeywrote:
theconditionerwrote:
Good post.

Here aresome other interesting facts to consider:

-Highdairy intake increases chances of prostate cancer for men.  Sodoes high zinc intake (super high levels,though).

-BPA lasts in the human body only briefly,so its effects are not clearly understood.  I try not to messwith it though.

-There is a huge debate over whetheror not soy products are healthy for you (especially highly processedones).

-You only need 1000-1500 mg of sodium perday.  FDA suggests a daily recommended intake of about 2,400mg.  Most people get 2-3 times that much. 

-Red meat is associated with anumber of cancers. 

-(FromUNC) Never buy peaches that aren't organic.  For some reasonpesticides are hard to remove from them. 
Yep, i avoid red meatlike a bad habit. Making some mackarel as wespeak.

lulz
Well fish has it's own issues...aside from possible toxins in our waters, fish/ seafood is the healthiest form of meat there is.

Wasn't there some guy that was just diagnosed with some rare disease from eating/deeply inhaling from bags of popcorn every day for 15 years?

Wild-catch salmon should be fine.
Didn't know about the potatoes or apples. I always had a feeling about the apples though.

Originally Posted by kix2mny

just made some salmon .... guess I wont have anymore for at least 5 months

I don't think it's all salmon.  If it was then I'd be dead already cuz I love me some salmon.  It's just the caged kind.

Sidenote: do any of you know people who pronounce it with the L in the middle.  Like sal-mon.  I think it's hilarious and shake my head at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom