Schoolboy q aint have to do him like that tho
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Son, your whole argument is super flawed right off the bat.

You're IN NYC trying to preach to dudes OUTSIDE of NYC what is hot OUTSIDE of NYC.

You're IN.

We're OUT.

Who's in a better position to accurately judge what's hot from NYC to the masses (OUTSIDE)?
yea, that argument can be flipped on its head just as easy...you tryin to tell a NYC such as myself what MY city is supposed to be feeling....when it comes to NYC, A$ap got a dope tape, but at da end of da day, he's not hotter then a cat like french or vado

in his own city....he can cater to ya outsiders all he want..if he wants to BLOW da way that "3 million dollar deal" is being invested then he needs to get NYC love.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Son, your whole argument is super flawed right off the bat.

You're IN NYC trying to preach to dudes OUTSIDE of NYC what is hot OUTSIDE of NYC.

You're IN.

We're OUT.

Who's in a better position to accurately judge what's hot from NYC to the masses (OUTSIDE)?
yea, that argument can be flipped on its head just as easy...you tryin to tell a NYC such as myself what MY city is supposed to be feeling....when it comes to NYC, A$ap got a dope tape, but at da end of da day, he's not hotter then a cat like french or vado

in his own city....he can cater to ya outsiders all he want..if he wants to BLOW da way that "3 million dollar deal" is being invested then he needs to get NYC love.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Schoolboy q aint have to do him like that tho
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, had the thizz face on the whole time the song is playing, then here comes Q and *$+*, my face twisted up in so many different directions

I know this dude did not just mention Red $%#$@$# Cafe. No.....I don't care if he's Fabolous's best friend, or if he's had features by Rick Ross (southern artist), Diddy (might as well be a southern artist at this point), Fat Joe (nobody has gave a damn about since 05), Jadakiss (nobody has gave a damn about since 05) or anybody else that Fab has hooked him up with as a favor. I actually kinda like Red Cafe on some tracks, but come on man. I don't think you've traveled farther than the end of your road since birth.

OK we get it ya'll hate NY & yall wanna erase our influence so bad but ya'll cant becuz the DNA all through your favorite rappers OK.

Can we get back to posting about A$ap... plzzzz

Btw yea Schoolboy Q went ape on that track.... seen that +%% @%#$$ like errkkkkkkkk... hopped up on that @%#$$ like merkkkkkkkkk

We'll see how he does outside of NYC. south dudes are notoriously funny about northerners so we'll see how they react to this individual taking their style and putting his spin on it.

You talking about RagazinoSr and Bronson. zino who I know personally is gonna do shows in Europe. Which is a slept on market for hip hop. Rakim himself just said he came from touring in Europe and Ye showed him love, Bronson is gonna be doing shows OT. The Internet just makes the world smaller. you can't discount the power of doing shows and meetings fans face to face and in this Internet age, cats think they can just flood Nahright with music and then act like they gonna go platinum.

My issue is not even that he sounds like a southerner. I just think he's a label creation. No unsigned artist was getting NY Times coverage besides Lil B and he was a viral phenom regardless or not if you like his music. ASAPs buzz wasn't even near that so then I figured he had a label behind him. I basically heard about every artist bubbling in NYC and I never heard of him...no shows, no net stuff before Purple Swag and Peso, nothing. Then all of a sudden the next great hope from NYC sounds like a southern cat? Ive done label marketing and PR and behind the scenes, labels have the power and payola and media training to get the image of an artist to be portrayed a certain way. Y'all are looking at it as the everyday fan and I've been looking at it from a different POV so?????

His demographic won't even care about his music after spending their money at Stussy and Supreme, so I do think giving a cat who didn't drop a mistake yet 3 mil was stupid, but I didn't negotiate it. I personally think theyre gonna postition them as the East Coast Odd Future. Which the market exists for....at least on the road...because its all good to release free music, but when you talk about repackaging music and selling it with bonus tracks, all of a sudden Internet advocates get funny and don't have the money. Which is funny to me but it is what is it. His stage show sucks and he doesn't exactly have a good rep because of his crew. Which then poses a threat because venues won't want to deal with security and possible lawsuits and negative press. But if he was signed to a 360 which is the standard deal, they'll recoup from his show money so they'll make sure he's in line. Y'all already saw he said he won't comment on the Fader #%+ cuz his attorney told him not to.

If anything he's polarizing, but already media are backfiring on him and saying he's not the great NYC hope. Which is funny because everyone was riding his meat a month ago. We'll see. Just make sure you support since you feel so strongly.

And straight up and down,

If you're from MYC, you have high standards on rappers. It's different and some of you might not relate but when you grow up on Big, Jay, LL, Wu and Nas, you look at cats differently from the average rap fan.

You talking about NYC radio. Angie, Enuff, Slay and Flex still play NYC cats. And then you can't forget about Clue. Hell Clue set the standard for breaking NYC artists with the mix tape which he revolutionized. That cats from other parts of the country was buying. That are now basically available for all since they're online. NYC is all politics and favors, but I'll be damned if an outsider tells me NYC radio doesn't play NYC artists but for an hour. y'all be the first ones listening to Flex and fiendin for radio rips on Nahright and Rap Radar then talking about how Flex jocks Jayz

FTR, I wasn't trying to slight NYC or throw shade in anyway.  It'd never happen from me.

Just pointing out that [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ninja[/color]'s POV/bias is meaningless in a discussion on what's hot outside of NYC.

I don't mean to turn this into any type of a stereotype or race thread whatsoever, but I must share a few honest observations to make a point here:

I know of white frat boys who rock polos, bermudas w/ boat shoes on the reg and they mess w/ "Peso" heavy.

That's just one of many examples.

White/Black/Asian/Korean/Yugoslavian, etc suburban type kids on college campuses everywhere are bumping Rocky's music.  I've seen it firsthand from coast to coast.

That crowd, among many others have no idea what a Vado is.

A$AP hasn't really blown up in NY yet. Everyone else is going to eat this +#*! up, though. You think NY isn't going to be claiming him heavy once he starts getting success? Righhht.
laugh.gif
Y'all are the same dudes that try to claim MJ and Melo.
laugh.gif
New York is fiendin' for someone to blow right now, and ASAP fits the satiate that desire at the moment. Of course there are going to be the traditionalist that don't want to budge and are going to hate, but that's just what it is.

Exactly.
laugh.gif

you tryin to tell a NYC such as myself what MY city is supposed to be feeling....when it comes to NYC
I'm not trying to tell you what you or your city is supposed to be feeling.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm telling you what everyone else is feeling outside of NYC.
when it comes to NYC, A$ap got a dope tape, but at da end of da day, he's not hotter then a cat like french or vado
Who the hell gives 2 $$#%# about this at the end of the day?  Really, though?

Not a damb is even SLIGHTLY given outside the Tri-State area when it comes to who New Yorkers think is hot.
if he wants to BLOW da way that "3 million dollar deal" is being invested then he needs to get NYC love.
You've been preaching this theory forever on here.  I don't think this is necessarily true at all.  It might have been true at one point, but this is damn near the year 2012.  Times are changing. 

It's been so long since a freshman actually blew like that from NYC that this theory could be outdated as all hell for all we know.

If your music is truly DOPE and your movement is DOPE, and you have the right outlet/backing - it doesn't matter if you're from Alaska.

And if he really does go on that college tour w/ Drake it will officially be a WRAP for Vado and French's popularity in comparison on a global scale (even though it already pretty much is).

I know of white frat boys who rock polos, bermudas w/ boat shoes on the reg and they mess w/ "Peso" heavy.

That's just one of many examples.

White/Black/Asian/Korean/Yugoslavian, etc suburban type kids on college campuses everywhere are bumping Rocky's music.  I've seen it firsthand from coast to coast.

That crowd, among many others have no idea what a Vado is.

This is the same fanbase who backed Asher Roth, currently backing Lil B & Odd Future... These arent exactly artist who are killing the mainstream. They have a small niche that supports there music just as, Vado, French, Red Cafe etc....

Im sure they love Peso but are they gonna support peso "facts state absolutely +!@*##% not" (word to the basegod selling a 1000 units)

This is the point that were trying to make... that college demographic is no more important than a street, or radio demographic

If Ny starts to $%@* with him heavy it will be because the music is just that good... not because the %+% is getting love from frat boys who have no idea about 90% of the %+!+ he talking about. The world aint a blog in order to get your respect in NY the music gotta be on par & so far he's off to a decent start.

His label invested 3 mil into him and his crew they aint trying to create no flash in the pan *%* movement that gets translated around drunk college kids they are trying to make a hiphop mainstay, so with that said Yes him getting NYC behind him fully has to be done.

That's not necessarily true.

All the major labels ad media are here. Vibe comes out with lists and y'all debate it endlessly. XXLFreshman covers are controversial. Source Power 30 highlights Industry heavyweights...who are all either in NYC or do some for of business here. These are all NYC based publications started by NYC cats. All the media or labels are here or LA.

MTV, BET, all that. People come to NYC to work at these places. No relocation costs, just love of the game and hustle skills.

Brands debut countless products here. Beats By Dre just opened their pop up shop in Soho with mad press. So people do care about who/what NYC thinks is hot. Drake was dragging ASAP on a leash to Fashion Week appearances in NYC.

No coincidence that cats hold their listening parties here and perform at venues like SOBs and Highline and Santos. Everyone knows if you capture NYC, you capture a major media ear.

I wasn't trying to say capture the college kids = success.
laugh.gif
FAR from it.

The hood + the middle class + the burbs + the high class is when you truly blow (Kanye, Wayne, Em, 50, Jeezy, T.I., Ross, etc.)

Vado has an extremely slim chance at capturing all of these markets (and that's being entirely too generous).

I've seen firsthand people from all four categories vibing to Rocky's music (keep in mind this dude is in the infant stages of his career).

And Karsten, we're not on the same page w/ "New Yorkers".

Of course all of the world class media outlets/opportunities that NYC has to offer matter.

I'm talking strictly an every day guy from Minnesota doesn't care what an everyday guy from New York City thinks is good music/dope.  And why should he?

No one is saying NY is worthless though.

We are just saying you don't NEED NY.

Not sure if you guys are understanding that. It's like someone owning 49% of the vote in a board room. It's good to have them on your side but you don't NEED them.

you dont need NY to have a successful career sure you dont. southern rappers have been making a killing their entire life touring the south and getting it in like that.

But what rapper can you name that is a mainstay (Ye, Wayne, Drake, Jeezy, Ross, T.I, Wiz etc) that wasnt EXTREMELY hot in NY. hiphop culture is intertwined its not just music.... its style, its art, its vibe all of which NY plays a major part in innovating.

All those Big artist i named are heavily respected in NYC and would have never been that big if NYC as a whole didnt latch on to their movement. You cannot become that level of star until you have gained that popularity in NY. and if you can please name me someone who has achieved it because i can't.

the blind hate for the east coast is crazy.

your reaching if you think French aint hotter than this dude , I live in texas and french becoming a house hold name of people who listen to new rap music......

NYC sets the bar for hip hop music, as far back as it goes.....

Dudes in the south have allready killed the game , thats why i dont claim or co sign half the BS out this area.

Lets not get it twisted Vado is nice , Id take Vado on his worse day over half the basura thats being sucked up by all the college kids now .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not sure what the bickering in this thread is about. anyway...

gave the tape a couple more spins (and in the car
eek.gif
pimp.gif
) and it's still good but one thing stuck out to me...

the features

outside of the Schoolboy Q verse on Brand New Guy (one of the best tracks on the tape, right next to Demons, Peso, and Out of this World) I'm not really feeling any of the other features. some of them are mediocre, some of them are flat out terrible. so bad that they almost ruin the incredible production on the entire tape.

I don't listen to the radio like I used to when I was younger....and maybe it's because I'm not really paying attention, but who exactly is checking for Vado or French Montana? I couldn't tell you any tracks that they've put out. Am I in the minority on this?

French is wack but stop frontin on vado. I low plenty of folks who know about vado. Slime flu and guns and butta both get plenty of burn. He might not be known on a national scale since his body of work is minimal, but to say nobody is checking for him is just false.

Back
Top Bottom