A few 'FYI' things about Nike and Nike products.........

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

From my understanding, the Air pressure had to be lowered due to the greenhouse gases being released into and affecting the atmosphere. It was an environmental decision that Nike felt compelled to make in order to preserve the earth. Not sure what the current volume's of 'Air' are.
OK. Now I've been reading through this post and really couldn't care less about calling it a bublle, unit or whatever else. You can bearrogant and it really doesn't phase me a bit.

BUT, now you go and make a ridiculous post like this? Nike started making the air UNITS smaller because of the gases being released into the environment? That is a joke dude, and you know it.

First, if Nike knew that the UNITS deflated, why would they stand behind them? I can only believe Nike thinks these UNITS can withstand a ton of pressure andnever deflate. I think you posted earlier saying so.

Don't come on this board and justify the lackluster job Nike does in retroing shoes by saying they make smaller air UNITS to help the environment. Nikedoesn't give a %#!% about the environment. They care about limiting their shoes and creating false hype for their products. Let's get real.

Wow HOVKid, that means that you don't really know the story behind the delay of the release of the Air Max 360 do you?

Clearly, your statement is an opinion(or personal grudge) about Nike, and not facts.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

From my understanding, the Air pressure had to be lowered due to the greenhouse gases being released into and affecting the atmosphere. It was an environmental decision that Nike felt compelled to make in order to preserve the earth. Not sure what the current volume's of 'Air' are.
OK. Now I've been reading through this post and really couldn't care less about calling it a bublle, unit or whatever else. You can be arrogant and it really doesn't phase me a bit.

BUT, now you go and make a ridiculous post like this? Nike started making the air UNITS smaller because of the gases being released into the environment? That is a joke dude, and you know it.

First, if Nike knew that the UNITS deflated, why would they stand behind them? I can only believe Nike thinks these UNITS can withstand a ton of pressure and never deflate. I think you posted earlier saying so.

Don't come on this board and justify the lackluster job Nike does in retroing shoes by saying they make smaller air UNITS to help the environment. Nike doesn't give a %#!% about the environment. They care about limiting their shoes and creating false hype for their products. Let's get real.
there was actually a huge article explaining the negative effects that gas used (cant remember the exact name...sf6?) was contributing to the greenhouse effect and that was there reasoning. it was a great and informative article.

EDIT: if someone has the article please post.
I personally hate the size of the bubbles (i call it that, i will continue) but the point made was tho its just a lil gas in each shoe,when you sell a zillion shoes, it does have an impact. Yes Nike wants to make money, and Nitrogen wouldnt work, but they had a good point, and can be SEEN astryin to do whats best.

I just found this today, and good Lord I am enjoying my day now. MenoO, your argument that they are air bags, pockets, etc., hold NO GROUND with the (theydon't pop" statement. I hav ebeen buying Nike since 1984 (nylon Vandals), and I can name at least 5 pair of Air Maxes that popped. Air Max 95 split onthe seam, Garnett Tuned split between the midsole and the seam in a jagged tear, Air Force Max (original) split the same way. This never stopped me from buyingthem, as I saw it as simply a flawed "bubble". Sorry, but I was young and hadn't been "educated", but I do know, as a teen, what theylooked like, and they looked pretty dang bubbly. I have always read your posts, Men, and been grateful for the info, but this time you came off a bit RichardCraniumed. And really, just how much "info" did you drop? Every question someone asks you gets answered along the lines of " I am not at libertyto say." Really. Is it that, or the fact that you simply do not know because you aren't that high up the totem pole? I admit, I don't know you,only read your posts. But for someone to tell us that the "bubble" has never been referred to as such since inception, giving the impression you area long time employee, to not even know the history of the biggest Nike product push of the 1997-1999 era (Tuned Air), it kind of deadens your credibility. Itcomes across to some of us as someone who just got his job last year, completed his "History of Nike" video and handbook, and decided to let us knowhow ignorabt the general public is. But thanks for letting us rip on you for awhile.

Then I apologize and I stand corrected.

I am so glad to hear Nike cares about the environment enough to make the air UNITS on retro products smaller.

MenofOregon- if you want to speed through the reply I'm about to leave then I'll give you a shortcut:read ONLY the stuff in yellow.
MenofOregon:
Posting public information on terminology is a problem?????
Absolutely not! Posting information is appreciated; posting information ALONG WITH being condescending is NOT appreciated, and WILL be dealtwith.And I already responded to that anyways, when I said this:
me:
If Dr. Brown attempts to educate all of us laymen by telling us 'Alright folks, here's a free tidbit for you guys; your rear end is actually called your 'gluteus maximus'. It's not really professional to refer to it as your 'butt'. Just thought I'd let you know,' then he is, indeed, just attempting to educate us.

Now if Dr. Jones attempts to educate us laymen by telling us 'Look, guys; it's not called a 'butt', so stop saying that. From now on, it would be appreciated if you could use the term 'gluteus maximum'. That is the professional term. I went to school for 7 years in the medical field, and it is disrespectful to talk to me and use the term 'butt'. It's a 'gluteus maximus', so you should call it that. Thanks,' he is attempting to educate us AND attempting to push his agenda/desires onto us.

You don't seem to get this next two statements I'm about to say:
#1. The terms that are used at Nike do NOT matter to the public, and they don't HAVE to matter.

#2. Forcing people to see your view and accept your suggestion is NOT 'education', so stop hiding behind that excuse.

'Oh, I'm just educating folks. What's wrong with that? Educating people is a crime now? Sheesh, calm down. ALL I'm doing is educating people, and the world needs MORE of that.'

No, you are doing more than educating; you are pushing your desires and ideals onto people. If ALL you were doing was educating people, you would have stopped with your first post to start the thread, because that was informative. You let us know what the proper terms were, and if that was your only... ONLY... intention, you would have stopped there.

But 'education' is NOT your only desire. 'See things my way, people! Stop calling them bubbles!' is a VERY BIG part of your intention in this thread.
MenofOregon:
The only problem is, he, along with others, assumed that I was being condescending with posting information(although I don't see how). That's the first mistake. NEVER ASSUME.
We are NOT assuming. You apparently don't know the definition of condescending, 'talking down to others'. We're not assumingyou've done that; you've done it. The only problem is that you're not seeing it (maybe because youdon't know the definition of the word).
MenofOregon:
Why would he, or anyone for that matter, have to "call someone out" for posted facts on terminology? Does that make any sense????
Nope, and that's why we're not calling you out for posting facts; THAT part is fine.

You're not getting it: YOU HAVE DONE TWO THINGS IN HERE. #1. post information, #2. be condescending and dismissive.

It's not that you're being condescending BY posting info; you're being condescending AND posting info.
MenofOregon:
Secondly, whenever you add your own words and twist the message then it becomes condescending, which works in his favor.
We're not twisting anything.

This is how you've been condescending, and these are all from YOUR replies:
- telling our members that they should use the proper terms because the terms refer totechnology designed by a NASA engineer is condescending
- telling our members that using 'air bubble' is uneducated and that it is simply 'talking nonsense' is condescending
- all of the talk about 'with respect to our designers' is condescending
- all of the effort you're putting into in an attempt to DEMAND that people use the proper terminology iscondescending
- suggesting that people who use the term 'air bubble' are uneducated is condescending
MenofOregon:
Everyone here is more than capable of dissecting what was written
Oh how correct you are. Let's take a look at what the public has said on their own, shall we?
MenofOregon:
I don't think someone with that level of education would ever call it a "bubble" and introduce it to Mr. Knight as such.

You'd be looked at very oddly, and quite possibly corrected, if you said that to a Campus employee. It's simply not a choice. The correct terminology is Air-Sole unit, Air cushioning unit, or Air Unit.
eddiehouse5:
this is so pompous, it's not even funny.

MenofOregon:
Our designers, engineers, scientists, testers, EKINS, etc. don't like the use of the word "bubble" to describe our Air Units. It is not a "bubble". A bubble is what you blow from chewing gum. It is called an Air Unit. With respect to their college degrees in various sciences, hard work, and countless hours of research, we prefer to use the proper name when referring to our Air Units.(Encapsulated Air, Visible Air, Tuned Air, Max Air, Tube Air, Blow Molded Air, Zoom Air) Thanks!
lobotomybeats:
Jesus. How pompous! thanks, I will file this along side Helio's "don't call us a phone company." I wouldn't want my casual references to undermine these guy's hard work and diplomas. I sure wouldn't want these guys to scoff at a reference about shoes amongst sneaker fans. I mean you wouldn't ever want to go on a Sharper Image forum and make reference to your "massage chair". hell no. that's a comfort-matic-lambskin microscopic tingling finger knot kneading electro barca with swedish sure-grip suck machine attachments. "massage chair." haha.

Cement Greyman:
....is air pocket ok to say?
mikeJordache23:
We at niketalk bow down and thank you for the info as well as gracing us with your presence.

I hope your attitude and smug demenor is not common around campus- reading your posts makes me want to burn everything I own with a swoosh on it.
Fro B Giant:
I think people are going to call it a bubble now just to make you mad HomoSapienofOregon
Good job, MenofOregon; one of your intentions was to get people to stop using 'air bubble',and now your attitude has caused MORE people to use the term 'air bubble'. Nice!
laugh.gif
mwebsteristhetruth:
come on man, just because you work for nike doesn't make you better than any of us. i consider myself fairly well educated and I would appreciate if you could give replies with out sounding like a d-bag.
In case you're not familiar, MenofOregon, 'd-bag' is short for '$$%$+$!@!'. And coming off as a '$$%$+$!@!' is a BADthing.
Kobe Fan:
laugh.gif

The part Men of Oregon is not sensing is that in his original post, telling others not to call the "air unit" a bubble is condescending.
lobotomybeats:
No one is going to bow down to your arrogant remarks because you have some 'info.'
Clutchshooter:
'we at nike.....we at nike......we at nike........we at nike"

no more.
I think what he's trying to say is that he's sick of you constantly mentioning 'we at Nike', which is condescending.

No need to apologize HOVKid, although it is accepted. I'm just here on this board as a reference point.

But like I've been stating ever since my first ever post to everyone, please don't question someone's credibility without learning the facts firstabout what it is they're referring to. You'll regret it later. Like I've said also in the past, before you criticize something learnEVERYTHING(facts, numbers, data) about the matter, THEN form your own opinion about it.

I've pointed out that that's what we refer to the Air bags as, and why we refer to them as such. NOWHERE did I ever demand that everyone on earth usethe proper names or you will be punished. A lot of you took it as such and that's unfortunate.

Hopefully we can carry on.

I know this has been predominantly based on shoes I was wondering if you could field this baseball related issue with me.

How come the reactor technology used in Nike Fielding gloves been abandoned? It was initially used in its high end glove (flash) with kip leather. Although itwas unique the colors (navy blue and red) options were odd for baseball gloves. Later it was altered into a lighter perforated material; this version wasfeatured in the Nike Strobe. Although both versions featured the dri-fit material as a finger lining which is not very popular in the glove industry (due tosmell it creates and its comfort) it nevertheless served it's purpose in making the glove light. Personally from both versions the strobe was a bettermodel based on its perforated leather. My question is why has this technology been abandoned? Also along the lines of the Strobe, why has the design which isvery unique for baseball gloves been abandoned too?

Personally I believed the Strobe line showed enough potential that its features could have been implemented in its higher end gloves.

Originally Posted by duke4005

I just found this today, and good Lord I am enjoying my day now. MenoO, your argument that they are air bags, pockets, etc., hold NO GROUND with the (they don't pop" statement. I hav ebeen buying Nike since 1984 (nylon Vandals), and I can name at least 5 pair of Air Maxes that popped. Air Max 95 split on the seam, Garnett Tuned split between the midsole and the seam in a jagged tear, Air Force Max (original) split the same way. This never stopped me from buying them, as I saw it as simply a flawed "bubble". Sorry, but I was young and hadn't been "educated", but I do know, as a teen, what they looked like, and they looked pretty dang bubbly. I have always read your posts, Men, and been grateful for the info, but this time you came off a bit Richard Craniumed. And really, just how much "info" did you drop? Every question someone asks you gets answered along the lines of " I am not at liberty to say." Really. Is it that, or the fact that you simply do not know because you aren't that high up the totem pole? I admit, I don't know you, only read your posts. But for someone to tell us that the "bubble" has never been referred to as such since inception, giving the impression you are a long time employee, to not even know the history of the biggest Nike product push of the 1997-1999 era (Tuned Air), it kind of deadens your credibility. It comes across to some of us as someone who just got his job last year, completed his "History of Nike" video and handbook, and decided to let us know how ignorabt the general public is. But thanks for letting us rip on you for awhile.

I think you might want to reread each of your sentences, then go back to my posts, my real posts, then reread yours again, then go backand forth until it makes sense. Saying " Every question someone asks you gets answered along the lines of " I am not at liberty to say.",...isthat true or false? I think the answer to that is pretty clear. I think your credibility has been lost with that statement alone.

As far as your shoes "popping" as you say, I have absolutely no idea under what circumstances you've used your shoes. How long have you had them?How often do you wear them? What types of surfaces have you used them on? What types of activities? Your answers would all be hearsay, because there's noway for me to confirm it. But again, if you go back and read my post about "popping", it'll clearly answer/explain your statement. Read carefullyplease.

As far as asking about "advanced info." on our products, do you really think a Nike employee can just release that kind of information? Think aboutwhy my response was "I am not at liberty to comment on that.".... Say "advanced company info." and "Nikeemployee" back and forth a few times and maybe it'll make sense as to why a few of us cannot divulge certain things.

Do you really have to work at Nike for 100 years to properly give the name of the Air-Sole unit? I think you can learn that information no matter how longyou've been with Nike. Do I have to have been hanging out with Steve Prefontaine in order to know the name or what kind of track shoes he was wearing?Making this statement: the "bubble" has never been referred to as such since inception, giving the impression you are a long timeemployee,"............Do you really have to be a longtime employee to know what it was originally referred to???? Think about it for a minute.

I think I've pointed out enough ridiculous statements for the day. Hopefully this post can return to an informational one?

You can back and forth, ad nauseum, and your posts still give no help whatsoever. YOu tried to educate; you came off arrogant, pompous, concieted, andbasically got called to the floor by not only users of this board, but by moderators and administrators who I would say have enormous more information aboutthe goings on in the past with your "company" as well as technology and releases coming up. I have no doubt you aren't allowed to tell us info. Iwasn't trying to find release dates or colors coming out. My point was that you make a big deal out of all this info you have given us, and you have givenus nothing, to date, except "I cannot divulge that info" or " I will pass it along". If you were in the know, as you say you are, and youfind the time to come here to discuss the company, then I would think over the past few months we could have gotten more useful info from you than what we canread on the website or in Swoosh: The History of Air. To imply I cannot make sense of your useless posts and ramblings about "we at Nike, ourcompany", etc., is the prime example of condescending and down-talk. As for what I have used my shoes for, I have played ball in Nike's for the last24 years exclusively until about 2001. That is when I realized Nike no longer equalled excellence in performance or innovation, putting out product merely forprofit, and that the rest of the basketball shoe world was catching up. Even after three pairs of Air Max bubbles busting on me, while playing, on a woodcourt, with a college team, I still came back, hoping and praying the next pair was better.And most times it was. As for my credibility being blown, I neverclaimed to have any. I have never worked at Nike, adidas, Reebok, or any ohters. I have only been a consumer for 25 years, and after this, I wonder if being aNike "insider" would really give me more credibility. I think I do just fine dispensing what little I do know, mostly in the review forum. And as forhaving to work at Nike 100 years to know what the proper name is, no you don't. Like I said, you still sound like you started about three weeks ago, got alarge noggin, came back to NikeTalk, and posted "insider info" while on break from delivering mail to Knight and company and making donut runs. Goback and re-read THAT post along with my first one.

Please, enough of the "back and forth". It's not getting anyone anywhere. A lot of these posts are full of assumptions and implying things thatare nowhere near the actual truth. Again, if you'd like, I can say that "you've won" too and put your trophy in the mail as well andhopefully/maybe we can end this useless conversation?

MenofOregon-

Let me ask this: why do you think people say this stuff about you? This isn't the first time someone has point out your pompous demeanor. Is it a case of"you got the wrong guy?" Why do you think this has followed you? Is everyone else wrong about what you think are just assumptions about you? AirBubble.

SpinDoctorofOregon:
I think I've pointed out enough ridiculous statements for the day
lobotomybeats:
Interestingly enough, I haven't seen any that you have pointed out.

Interestingly enough, I don't see where lobotomybeats CLAIMED to have pointed out enoughridiculous statements.

Interestingly enough, I do see where YOU claimed to have pointed out enough ridiculous statements.

Interestingly enough, I don't see where you have pointed out ANY ridiculous statements.

Interestingly enough, I do see where a number of your ridiculous statements have been pointed out, and you've (interestingly enough) dodged EVERY SINGLEONE OF THEM.

That's the definition of a 'spin doctor'. As soon as you're done 'researching' the terms 'condescending' and'proselyting', look up what a 'spin doctor' is; it's you, in this thread. Dismissing issues brought to your attention, averting attentionto others, dodging questions asked to you MULTIPLE times... that's a spin doctor.

How about I just mail a trophy in the shape of a "bubble" to each and every person on here that's been confrontational, wants to win at everydiscussion about information, refuses to read postings carefully, doesn't process info. and move on, wants to disturb message boards containing usefultopics, makes assumptions without knowing an individual or what's correct and what isn't, and likes to disrupt others' opportunities to get moreinformation?

Maybe it would be better if some of you not respond when I make informational posts such as this one? Maybe you can just read the info. and move on like everyother post? Let's try that next time? Try and leave my posts to the ones on here who DO want to learn the proper technology and/or terminology without ithaving to be a debate or having a smart/sarcastic reply. Can we try that?

Better yet, lock this thread up because a lot of you have done a good job ruining it for others. Apparently/unfortunately, it seems to be a common practice onhere by some of you.

Just start ignorin it. I am not gettin involved, just offerin you advice.

How long do you think the retro "craze" will last? as long as "america" continues it or what?

will there ever be an advance ordering system. when you guys do limited/online releases, two things happen. YOu either make too many or too little. I think ifyou gave peeps a pic of the shoe, we can say give me a sz 11, yall then make that many of each desired, then you wont have to worry bout over/under producing.i know that is a long shot....but would that happen outside of NIkeid?

And more avoiding questions.
laugh.gif

How about you start addressing the issues about that are being brought to your attention?

Keep your trophies: answer the questions.
wink.gif
Not the one about shoes; the ones about YOU AND YOUR POMPOUS, CONDESCENDING, DISMISSIVE ATTITUDE.

Keep your trophies; answer those questions, address those issues.

AGAIN: STOP WITH THE BLANKET RESPONSE ABOUT THE INFORMATION. THE INFORMATION IS APPRECIATED, BUT THE INFORMATION DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ACT THE WAYYOU'VE ACTED.

If I help someone with their flat tire and then kick them in their head, imagine how stupid I would look if I tell them, "What? I was JUST helping youchange your tire. What's wrong with that?" I'm not JUST helping him with his tire; I'm helping him with his tire AND kicking him in thehead... TWO SEPARATE THINGS.

You have posted information AND disrespected our members, and they have voiced their disapproval (and so has Meth, and so have I)

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INFORMATION!

THE INFORMATION IS A SEPARATE THING!

STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR INFORMATION!

laugh.gif

Spin Doctor.

I BET you ignore this response.

roll.gif

How about you start addressing the issues about that are being brought to your attention?

Keep your trophies: answer the questions.
wink.gif
Not the one about shoes; the ones about YOU AND YOUR POMPOUS, CONDESCENDING, DISMISSIVE ATTITUDE.

MenofOregon:
Better yet, lock this thread up
When we say; not when you say.
wink.gif

You've got questions to answer, issues to address, and I would hate to take that opportunity away from you by locking the thread.

Man up, take responsibility, and stop blaming others without accepting your own faults in this thread.
wink.gif

You're right, I will avoid it, like I've been stating in the past few replies. Your "stories" have too much of an imagination that even WaltDisney couldn't match.

Just send me your address and I'll send you the trophy.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

MenofOregon-

Let me ask this: why do you think people say this stuff about you? This isn't the first time someone has point out your pompous demeanor. Is it a case of "you got the wrong guy?" Why do you think this has followed you? Is everyone else wrong about what you think are just assumptions about you? Air Bubble.

Dude, just air bubble answer this.

And more avoiding questions.

laugh.gif

You think no one has noticed your refusal to see your OWN errors, and your pompous attitude towards those that attempt to correct you? You REALLY think peoplearen't seeing that?
roll.gif
I already pointed out MULTIPLE quotes from others earlier in this thread that showed that they see your dismissive,irresponsible ways.

But this is all made up, like a Disney movie?

laugh.gif

You're making me think that maybe this place would be WORLDS better without you.
wink.gif
Maybe a lock wouldn't be the solution; maybe something else wouldbe.

Man up, son.
laugh.gif

Stop talking to me like I'm 12, stop avoiding questions about your tone, stop claiming to represent Nike without their permission (did they give youpermission to make this thread? I know you won't answer that.
laugh.gif
), and stop trolling.

Back
Top Bottom