A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

So whats the actual size run for these ****s? The womens only sizing pandering they do is idiotic lol and isnt inclusive cause what if a woman wears a size 13 in mens
I wish Nike would just go to unisex sizing and drop the gender part completely, but in absence of that, if they are going to have "men's" shoes, they should have "women's" too. Women can buy a man's shoe and a man can buy a woman's shoe but it would be dumb to just target all shoes to men and tell women to deal with it. I do think they need to have more standardized sizing though. Hell there have been multiple fire am1 I wanted this year that stopped at women us10, not the usual womens us12.

Thanks for doing the legwork and educating us fellow NTers. Thats wild they are charging a fee but i also understand from a business standpoint that it cost money to run a business.

EDIT: the link you posted explains it all even if we as consumers dont like it. Thanks dblplay1212 dblplay1212
Yea I get it. The raffles were a massive pain for the stores so they outsourced it to EQL, who doesn't do it for free, so they have a charge now. Knowing only the winners have to pay it, it's whatever to me.

A Ma Maniere x Air Jordan 5 “Dawn”
Color: Photon Dust/Black-Diffused Blue-Pale Ivory
Style Code: FZ5758-004
Release Date: November 17, 2023 (The Whitaker Group)
Release Date: November 22, 2023 (SNKRS)
Price: $225
FZ5758-004

A Ma Maniere FZ5758-004

A-Ma-Maniere-Air-Jordan-5-Dawn-1.jpeg

A-Ma-Maniere-Air-Jordan-5-Dawn-3.jpeg

A-Ma-Maniere-Air-Jordan-5-Dawn-4.png

A-Ma-Maniere-Air-Jordan-5-Photon-Dust-On-Feet-8.jpg

if they're not actually using a women's last then theres really no point in making it a womens sizing release.

my only issue is even if they do extended sizing on a womens release it usually follows the women distribution on sizing, which again doesn't make sense.

Everybody needs to stop the 💩 and stop separating things. Like you said, just make it unisex and stop the nonsense. Instead of unity, they are really dividing. Let everyone enjoy without labels.
Yea I get why they started the inclusion of women way back but things have evolved even further now. Just drop men/women and just make shoes and do like 37mm-47mm in everything. Just go Euro sizing, make that universal sizing.

On one hand, I don’t mind a fee if you are successful but adding AMM’s $15 slow shipping and I’ll feel silly if they drop on SNKRS with no fee, fast shipping and returns accepted in case I get a shoddy quality pair.

I would GLADLY eat a raffle fee to secure Reverse Grinches after the debacle/joke of the Grinches SNKRS release though

On one hand, I don’t mind a fee if you are successful but adding AMM’s $15 slow shipping and I’ll feel silly if they drop on SNKRS with no fee, fast shipping and returns accepted in case I get a shoddy quality pair.

I would GLADLY eat a raffle fee to secure Reverse Grinches after the debacle/joke of the Grinches SNKRS release though
Ahh, so I shouldn't enter the raffle through AMM due to their slow shipping? lol

Glad to see there is extended sizing, but still incredibly confused as to why JB keeps doing the "WMNS Sizes" thing. Is it just so they can make more money on what would otherwise be larger GS sizes and fake some sort of inclusion? I don't get it. I'm passing on these photon joints, but will try for the black, even with the raffle fee.

in this specific case its marketing. TWG a womans shoe released all the way up to a size 15 is effectively full family sizing.
A Ma Maniére x Air Jordan 5 “Dusk”
Color: Black/Burgundy Crush-Black-Pale Ivory
Style Code: FD1330-001
Release Date: November 22, 2023
Price: $225
1699301519078.png
1699301499150.png
1699301460455.png

1699301480395.png

Cream laces in these is really the cheat code, like the muslins

if they're not actually using a women's last then theres really no point in making it a womens sizing release.

Do we know for certain that they are on the same last?

I have a few pair of women’s AF1 that definitely run narrower, but I have others that seem like they are likely unisex. So I strongly suspect Nike at least sometimes uses a different last for its women!s releases

Pardon my ignorance, what’s wrong with the toe box? It’s boxy?

doublemesh96 doublemesh96 already nailed it, but the tip is damn near straight up and down on these. There should be more material and it should taper back a little bit instead of just falling straight off. Nike got REALLY bad with the Air Max 1 before "remastering" them and getting things back to a more normal shape.

Screenshot_20231106-132440.png

Air Max 1 circa 2012:

Screenshot_20231106-133342.png

Air Max 1 30th Anniversary Remaster:

Screenshot_20231106-133215.png

EDIT:

There. More cliff toes circa 2012. Is that better dblplay1212 dblplay1212 ? :lol:

Screenshot_20231106-135811.png
Screenshot_20231106-135655.png
Screenshot_20231106-135636.png
Screenshot_20231106-135604.png

Last edited:
^that is a wild drop off. It’s literally a cliff :sick:

I wonder if it was a mistake and they just said **** it lol no way they cut them that way on purpose

doublemesh96 doublemesh96 already nailed it, but the tip is damn near straight up and down on these. There should be more material and it should taper back a little bit instead of just falling straight off. Nike got REALLY bad with the Air Max 1 before "remastering" them and getting things back to a more normal shape.

Screenshot_20231106-132440.png

Air Max 1 circa 2012:

Screenshot_20231106-133342.png

Air Max 1 30th Anniversary Remaster:

Screenshot_20231106-133215.png
Both of those am1 are from 2017. The top one is gs, bottom is adult. See the 3.26 on the gs tongue, it was an air max day release.

Back
Top Bottom