A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

I wish Nike would just go to unisex sizing and drop the gender part completely, but in absence of that, if they are going to have "men's" shoes, they should have "women's" too. Women can buy a man's shoe and a man can buy a woman's shoe but it would be dumb to just target all shoes to men and tell women to deal with it. I do think they need to have more standardized sizing though. Hell there have been multiple fire am1 I wanted this year that stopped at women us10, not the usual womens us12.

Seperate sizing for womens and mens anything, and vanity sizing in clothing is ridiculous. I wish we could just go to unisex sizing like the UK sizing.

Ahh, so I shouldn't enter the raffle through AMM due to their slow shipping? lol

Never said that nor did I imply it. If people want them then they should do what they feel is necessary to acquire them.

White ones for me
IMG_9387.jpeg

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be for winners or losers. NO ONE should be ok with this.
The fee is high to me but I'm cool with $1-2 if someone can actually filter all the bot entries out. A 3rd party isn't going to do that for free and it's too much to ask for a store to do over and over and over.

The fee is high to me but I'm cool with $1-2 if someone can actually filter all the bot entries out. A 3rd party isn't going to do that for free and it's too much to ask for a store to do over and over and over.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with A fee but i dont think it should be a percentage of the retail price. It should be a standardized flat fee.

I wish Nike would just go to unisex sizing and drop the gender part completely, but in absence of that, if they are going to have "men's" shoes, they should have "women's" too. Women can buy a man's shoe and a man can buy a woman's shoe but it would be dumb to just target all shoes to men and tell women to deal with it. I do think they need to have more standardized sizing though. Hell there have been multiple fire am1 I wanted this year that stopped at women us10, not the usual womens us12.

Men over size 10.5 can't buy women's shows thats the thing. TO your point I`m saying mens but I`m just saying drop gendered show sizing for athletic sneakers and just use the Mens scale as the baseline (since it already is). I`m sure there is enough data out there where finding the right product size ratios shouldn't be that difficult in 2023.

Like for example the Satin 1s weren't inclusive as a women's shoe, and its based on a "mens" shoe so why shouldn't men have the opportunity to buy?

Men over size 10.5 can't buy women's shows thats the thing. TO your point I`m saying mens but I`m just saying drop gendered show sizing for athletic sneakers and just use the Mens scale as the baseline (since it already is). I`m sure there is enough data out there where finding the right product size ratios shouldn't be that difficult in 2023.

Like for example the Satin 1s weren't inclusive as a women's shoe, and its based on a "mens" shoe so why shouldn't men have the opportunity to buy?
I don't disagree. I'd just make it the EU sizing, all mm, instead of going with "mens" sizing. Just drop all gender and go with measurements. Fwiw some men's shoes start at size 8 so a lot of women get shut out. My wife wears a men's 7 for example and she can't buy shoes that start at men's 8.

doublemesh96 doublemesh96 already nailed it, but the tip is damn near straight up and down on these. There should be more material and it should taper back a little bit instead of just falling straight off. Nike got REALLY bad with the Air Max 1 before "remastering" them and getting things back to a more normal shape.

Screenshot_20231106-132440.png

Air Max 1 circa 2012:

Screenshot_20231106-133342.png

Air Max 1 30th Anniversary Remaster:

Screenshot_20231106-133215.png

EDIT:

There. More cliff toes circa 2012. Is that better dblplay1212 dblplay1212 ? :lol:

Screenshot_20231106-135811.png
Screenshot_20231106-135655.png
Screenshot_20231106-135636.png
Screenshot_20231106-135604.png

Oof I see your point. It’s like a cliff! No sleek or slope to it.

What's vanity sizing?

Vanity sizing is the labeling of clothing with a size smaller than the actual cut of the items. In other words, your size 34 might actually be a size 36, or larger. This is done to make the customer feel better about themselves and to make them buy more clothing.

Back
Top Bottom