A massive earthquake of 8.8* magnitude has struck close to the city of Concepcion in Chile.

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Word. NOBODY has anything on this on TV. Only twitter.

People still watch TV?

Anyway..

breakingchilequake.jpg

I don't think I've ever heard of a Tsunami hitting the US. After reading what @BreakingNews said, this is not expected. "Potentially" ...vague words of probability.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

^how

I posted this as a status on Facebook on January 20th
"Another earthquake in Haiti... 6.0.... I have a feeling there are more yet to come and for some reason, I think the strongest one hasnt hit yet.."

thats word by word, and the strongest one actually hit

#thatshownostradamususedtodoit

Powerful earthquake rattles Chile; tsunami warning issued
http://www.cnn.com/2010/W....quake/index.html?hpt=T1

(CNN) -- An magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck central Chile early Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake's epicenter was located near the city of Concepcion, 212 miles (341 kilometers) from the capital of Santiago. It struck at 3:34 a.m. (1:34 a.m. ET).

Concepcion is Chile's second largest city with a population of 200,000.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami warning for Chile and Peru. The center recorded a tsunami wave as high as 9 feet.

iReport.com: Did you feel it? Share information, images with CNN

"An earthquake of this size has the potential to generate a destructive tsunami that can strike coastlines near the epicenter within minutes and more distant coastlines within hours," the National Weather Service said in a statement.

The extent of damage or casualties was not immediately known.

Alessandro Perez, who is staying at the Santiago Marriott Hotel, reported shattered windows, but there was no structural damage. No one at the hotel was injured, he said.

Anita Herrera, who works at the Hotel Kennedy in Santiago, said electricity was knocked out at that hotel and guests were nervous.

"Our hotel is built for this," she said. "In Chile, this happens many times."

Chile holds the record for the largest earthquake in the world, according to the USGS. A magnitude 9.5 quake struck the South American country in May 1960 and killed 1,655 people.

Originally Posted by AizenSousuke

^how

"Another earthquake in Haiti... 6.0.... I have a feeling there are more yet to come and for some reason, I think the strongest one hasnt hit yet.."

this is bogus, man. you make a vague, obvious oberservation and pass it as a prediction. That's like me predicting the Northeast will get more snow before the winter ends. We'll probably get more snow and there will probably be a bigger earthquake.

Originally Posted by DocsBack

^how

this is bogus, man. you make a vague, obvious oberservation and pass it as a prediction. That's like me predicting the Northeast will get more snow before the winter ends. We'll probably get more snow and there will probably be a bigger earthquake.
if you didnt notice, I said "predicted" in QUOTES
Im a Realist I dont believe in fairy tales

2 if you notice the hash tag it says "Thats how Nostradamus used to do it" where im tryin to make an argument at the fact that vague obvious observation is how He did it too yet everyone says he's Jean Grey or some +*#*

so maybe next time if you dont rush to nitpick i wouldnt have to shut your attempt down

^how

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

you know how many other millions of people said this too?
you didn't 'predict' $#%^ man

a bigger one? when? within the next year? odds are way against that. i think they said theres an average of one 8.0+ per year. 2007 had 4 8.0+. 2008 had zero.

funny 'prediction' considering there are about 18 earthquakes/year.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

People still watch TV?

Anyway..

breakingchilequake.jpg

I don't think I've ever heard of a Tsunami hitting the US. After reading what @BreakingNews said, this is not expected. "Potentially" ...vague words of probability.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

a bigger one? when? within the next year? odds are way against that. i think they said theres an average of one 8.0+ per year. 2007 had 4 8.0+. 2008 had zero.

not sure if serious....

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

8.8 would rank 5th ALL-TIME.

scary

Just looked up the list for biggest earthquakes since 1900. Apparently Chile is also sitting at #1 with a 9.5
That would be enough for me to get the hell out the country.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

not sure if serious....
shouldve been more specific.. ~17 7.0-8.0 "significant" earthquakes per year. which all wouldve been at or above Haiti's level. odds are with you if you want to predict a bigger one after haiti.

Originally Posted by ellimaCecyoJ

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

People still watch TV?

Anyway..

breakingchilequake.jpg

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
nerd.gif
MORE INFO PLEASE

Thoughts and prayers go out to those affected. God Bless.

Back
Top Bottom