A "Takeover" To Young Money Would Shut Down The Game Right Now...

GQfeature12v.jpg

...like, bring it to a screeching halt.

it seems about right

Wayne, Baby, and Drake now taking shots at jay

hov would eviscerate "YMCMB"

it's not up for debate

A good lyrical battle on wax would be great for the game.  But dudes got too much technology for they own good...you got dudes making skits, cartoons, photoshops, interviews, etc. instead of flexing with their lyrics.  Rick Ross vs 50 cent was basically SNL not hiphop. 

I would love to see a relevant rapper just say Lil Wayne and/or Drake names.  I really wanna know how they would react to somebody with a big name and revelence dissing them.

Hov is too old for that tho.  Plus he's too sneaky, he likes to jab. 

That wouldn't do anything for Jay's career, Wayne does music on cruise control, Drake wouldn't ever not be subliminal, Birdman will continue to buy more luxury vehicles for more than the sticker price.
Also while Drake is a star in his own right, he's not on Hov or Ye's echelon in this music *!!%.
*!!% is starting to get like Mayweather V Paquiao, just a lot of interviews and sidetalk.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

A good lyrical battle on wax would be great for the game.  But dudes got too much technology for they own good...you got dudes making skits, cartoons, photoshops, interviews, etc. instead of flexing with their lyrics.  Rick Ross vs 50 cent was basically SNL not hiphop. 

I would love to see a relevant rapper just say Lil Wayne and/or Drake names.  I really wanna know how they would react to somebody with a big name and revelence dissing them.

Hov is too old for that tho.  Plus he's too sneaky, he likes to jab. 

Same here.  Maybe not Wayne as much, but I wanna see Drake go at somebody with the "I'm Goin' In" flow.  I doubt he has that ether, but it could be entertaining
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Rap "battles" or "beefs" don't matter today because the big artist won't diss without a subliminal they're all fabricated PR stunts.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Raps gotten soft. The only artist who seems like he'd let off is Freddie Gibbs

This. Almost every radio station acts like no rapper should beef but will try and make sure they're the first ones to air your diss record. A rap beef would be cool but not with YMCMB becuase they obviously have a strong hold on to radio and will win because they will got more spins and the rapper on the other side will be deemed a hater

It's all about making money. You can't lose another rappers fan base. If drake comes out and says something obviously bad toward Jay all the Jay fans won't buy Take Care. He wouldn't risk alienating fans. The public is very fickle. That is why everything is subliminal nowadays.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

It's all about making money. You can't lose another rappers fan base. If drake comes out and says something obviously bad toward Jay all the Jay fans won't buy Take Care. He wouldn't risk alienating fans. The public is very fickle. That is why everything is subliminal nowadays.

Not necessarily though. I bought Stillmatic.

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

YM could get ethered yet their stans would claim they won

This
Definitely.
And as far as Jay being the one doing the dissing goes you really can't expect that from him at this point in his career. Dude got a kid on the way and is an iconic music figure, not rap, music. It serves no purpose for him to be battling dudes.

Jay has proven numerous times when it comes to rap politics that hes very smart when it comes to making moves. So to come out and blatantly diss YM which is a crew of dudes who aint nowhere near Hov's level musically would just be looked upon as oh he's a bitter old rapper. Jay plays his role as king of hip hop well the only two people left who are on his echelon both music wise and respect wise are EM & YE and its clear those two battles will not happen.

The only person who would benefit from dissing a YM is a guy like Ross or Jeezy and both of those artist have LONG relationships with wayne and baby

If it was going to happen it'd have to come from someone who's proven and really has nothing to gain from it other than just getting it off

Like honestly if T.I.P next lp does numbers and then he comes back with that type of a record then... maybe... people will listen. Even then you still have to deal with the STANS.

Its a lose lose... I mean theres pictures of Wayne Kissing A Man Who ISN'T His Father ON THE LIPS... No credibility loss amongst those who buy/support his music. So can he really be brought down to earth by a song?

Originally Posted by 7Jordan7

i wanna see someone like J.cole get into a beef

I wouldn't. J. Cole might actually start crying on record if he had to beef.

Back
Top Bottom