Acetone in gasoline tank to help increase gas mileage?!

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

who puts 87 in an acura? Premium Unleaded Only.

laugh.gif
sucker.. I put 87 on my 05 tsx and my boy has been putting 87 on his 05 TL since it had 35k miles it has 75k now and still running strong.

grin.gif
that old *@$ acura doesn't have a high compression engine.  there is NEVER any reason to go over the octane rating for your car.  it's not cleaner, it's not better for your engine.

shutting your car off at stoplights is stupid too.  it takes like 10x as much fuel to start the car than leave it running.

grin.gif
that old *@$ acura doesn't have a high compression engine.  there is NEVER any reason to go over the octane rating for your car.  it's not cleaner, it's not better for your engine.

shutting your car off at stoplights is stupid too.  it takes like 10x as much fuel to start the car than leave it running.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

grin.gif

However, shifting to neutral is brilliant...

grin.gif

However, shifting to neutral is brilliant...

grin.gif
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

laugh.gif
sucker.. I put 87 on my 05 tsx and my boy has been putting 87 on his 05 TL since it had 35k miles it has 75k now and still running strong.

you need PREMIUM to get the advertised MPG and HP thats listed on the sticker of the cars. Has nothing to do with the compression since cars now a days have computers that prevent knocking of engines that use to occur when you put 87 in cars.  If you ask a SMOGGER...back in the day...you rarely passed a SMOG Check running 87 prior to TESTING.

the thread is about performance and if you want the best mpg..you need to pump premium to get what the brand intended you to get out the factory.

grin.gif
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

laugh.gif

you need PREMIUM to get the advertised MPG and HP thats listed on the sticker of the cars. Has nothing to do with the compression since cars now a days have computers that prevent knocking of engines that use to occur when you put 87 in cars.  If you ask a SMOGGER...back in the day...you rarely passed a SMOG Check running 87 prior to TESTING.

the thread is about performance and if you want the best mpg..you need to pump premium to get what the brand intended you to get out the factory.

... yea if the car that's advertised has a engine designed to run on premium.

octane is the fuels resistance to detonate.  so you're telling me if i put premium in a camry i will get better power and mpg by adding a fuel that is harder for the engine to detonate? 

octane is the fuels resistance to detonate.  so you're telling me if i put premium in a camry i will get better power and mpg by adding a fuel that is harder for the engine to detonate? 

octane serves 2 purposes. ignition and compression. I'm not saying go out and put higher octane but for the sake of the video in this thread...Acuras clearly state that you should put premium fuel only which is my stance as to why he was getting +**!*! mpg to begin with. I've put 87 is my GS430 and I feel a difference and I see it on my display that Im getting worse mileage..granted its only off by a mile or two at most but yeah.

The bottom line is pretty simple....

Use what the manufacturer recommends. They are telling you what the engine was designed to run on. Using anything else will likely have a negative effect on both your performance and fuel economy.

(I'm sure someone somewhere will post that in THEIR car THEY got better performance using a different fuel rating than recommended. In reality, your car will run best on what is recommended unless there is a problem with your vehicle...in which case the right action is to get it fixed not change fuel rating.)  I'll stick to being a "sucker" and running 91.

octane serves 2 purposes. ignition and compression. I'm not saying go out and put higher octane but for the sake of the video in this thread...Acuras clearly state that you should put premium fuel only which is my stance as to why he was getting +**!*! mpg to begin with. I've put 87 is my GS430 and I feel a difference and I see it on my display that Im getting worse mileage..granted its only off by a mile or two at most but yeah.

The bottom line is pretty simple....

Use what the manufacturer recommends. They are telling you what the engine was designed to run on. Using anything else will likely have a negative effect on both your performance and fuel economy.

(I'm sure someone somewhere will post that in THEIR car THEY got better performance using a different fuel rating than recommended. In reality, your car will run best on what is recommended unless there is a problem with your vehicle...in which case the right action is to get it fixed not change fuel rating.)  I'll stick to being a "sucker" and running 91.

i misunderstood you.  i was just saying i doubt that acura recommends premium for that car.
laugh.gif

i misunderstood you.  i was just saying i doubt that acura recommends premium for that car.
laugh.gif

I always put Premium in my car even though it only asks for 87. I can def tell the difference, my car feels much stronger with premium.

I always put Premium in my car even though it only asks for 87. I can def tell the difference, my car feels much stronger with premium.

who the hell does that?
laugh.gif

who the hell does that?
laugh.gif

I don't trust him just because he typed it in an excel spreadsheet. He didn't even show that gauge working with all the changes.

I don't trust him just because he typed it in an excel spreadsheet. He didn't even show that gauge working with all the changes.

Is the acetone one can buy at hardware stores pure?
Or is this all theory? I'd like to see a lot of positive results.

Is the acetone one can buy at hardware stores pure?
Or is this all theory? I'd like to see a lot of positive results.

Back
Top Bottom