Acetone in gasoline tank to help increase gas mileage?!

Originally Posted by dugtrio

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

who puts 87 in an acura? Premium Unleaded Only.
grin.gif
that old *@$ acura doesn't have a high compression engine.  there is NEVER any reason to go over the octane rating for your car.  it's not cleaner, it's not better for your engine.

shutting your car off at stoplights is stupid too.  it takes like 10x as much fuel to start the car than leave it running.
with fuel injection, it takes more gas to run your car for 10 secs than it does to turn it off and on. I don't advocate shutting down at a red light, cuz you never know if the clown behind u, is gonna rear end u into traffic and you need to make an evasive move.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

who puts 87 in an acura? Premium Unleaded Only.
grin.gif
that old *@$ acura doesn't have a high compression engine.  there is NEVER any reason to go over the octane rating for your car.  it's not cleaner, it's not better for your engine.

shutting your car off at stoplights is stupid too.  it takes like 10x as much fuel to start the car than leave it running.
with fuel injection, it takes more gas to run your car for 10 secs than it does to turn it off and on. I don't advocate shutting down at a red light, cuz you never know if the clown behind u, is gonna rear end u into traffic and you need to make an evasive move.

I don't think that's true - while it does take more fuel to start an engine to have it running I think the cutoff is less than a minute. So, if you are going to be sitting at the lights for more than a minute or so it would be better to shut the engine off.

That's the theory behind the BMW system that automatically starts again when you touch the gas - and it seems to make a big difference to in town economy.

I don't think that's true - while it does take more fuel to start an engine to have it running I think the cutoff is less than a minute. So, if you are going to be sitting at the lights for more than a minute or so it would be better to shut the engine off.

That's the theory behind the BMW system that automatically starts again when you touch the gas - and it seems to make a big difference to in town economy.

Back
Top Bottom