ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly.

Ye is trying to cater to two different crowds here.

I don't think too many people in  the general public will be willing to pay the price.

Fashion elites who have to have the latest and greatest will.

Some sneakerheads will.

Is that enough to sustain the Yeezy brand though.

High end fashion labels would not give him a shot and this release is catering to the same people who buy those brands.

Do you think the non urban market will embrace him as a high fashion brand.

Without his loyal fanbase which he is alienating with the price point will the branding survive?

I'm not ride or die Kanye or Adidas, but I really like what I see so if I can get my hands on them I will.
It's a tough balancing act. He's basically gonna have to make a shoe at a $350 price point and one at a $100-150 price point. $250 is still too high for the other model.

Thank you for being honest, fam.

I think they're a cool shoe, but like you said, won't jump through hoops for em like the previous models. They don't go to that level. Appreciate the pics.

this might go without saying but if you think about who's got them or who's posted pics of the display, they're all people who want these to succeed. his camp and blogs are just shoveling down pics and info so they generate traffic.

it'd be nice if they were honest about them lol the blogs at least. like I said they're not terrible but even as someone who was hyped and liked them from what we saw, after in person it's more of a back down to reality from the Internet hype we've been given.

I am interested to see where this Yeezy colorway wise. A simple Black or White might make this more appealing.

The grey just makes the shoe look unfinished to me. 

But I am hoping this turns into a sleeper with the way too CONFUSING ONLINE RELEASE BY CERTAIN REGIONS.

:lol:  man they are really trying to build the thirst factor. showcasing them on all the rappers feet and now this. it's gonna work too a lot of people will be just as thirsty for these as they other yeezys

it's great marketing, exactly what the company wants.

Update

I'm not gonna do the work for you but 99% of boutiques in L.A. are getting them and will most likely be listed at $400 from what I'm hearing.

SM will have a boatload but will be APP released per Adidas manager. They're spacing out the release to work the kinks out. They want to see how the NYC release goes.

The next shoe is coming in the summer and is retailing at $250...not this model but another Yeezy.

Clothing will start pouring into stores by the end of the month. $80-$400 products all clothing.
If this is true im going to guess that Adidas will make these more available so everyone will have a better chance at getting these shoes. If the word is all those stores will get them then they will most likely be a GR sneaker. But i can be wrong.

It's a tough balancing act. He's basically gonna have to make a shoe at a $350 price point and one at a $100-150 price point. $250 is still too high for the other model.

250-325 would have been a perfect price point

350 isn't much more but it sounds a lot worse

this might go without saying but if you think about who's got them or who's posted pics of the display, they're all people who want these to succeed. his camp and blogs are just shoveling down pics and info so they generate traffic.

it'd be nice if they were honest about them lol the blogs at least. like I said they're not terrible but even as someone who was hyped and liked them from what we saw, after in person it's more of a back down to reality from the Internet hype we've been given.
When I look at all the Yeezy shoes as a whole collective certain features define the style.

Yeezy- super high cut, large tongue. bulky, many different materials used, all the bells and whistles. (American)

Yeezy 2- sleek, mid cut, more streamlined design. (European)

Yeezy 3- minimal design, natural flowing material, muted color palette. (Asian)

I'm not saying this is fact, but it just seems that way to me.

That damn Loc Ness monstah
mean.gif

View media item 1394232View media item 1394233
decided to take a stroll past. kinda glad I did...

disappointed. and I was really about them. I know I said I was happy about them which I'm still on the fence about but after seeing them in person I realized that for me at least they're not worth the potential hassle. a lot of people stopping to take pics, mostly not sneaker heads obviously because I overheard them saying "those are those kanye west boots."

because that's basically what they look like in person...boots. maybe because they're not on feet and just suspended in a bubble but I dunno. lol they kinda really do look like Uggs, laces save this from that...mostly.

quality looks OK. def not $350 ok but we all knew that right? it's kinda hard to tell because they're higher up and really can't tell if theyre legit suede. maybe I'm just used to seeing doctored up images and good angles from his people but... I dunno. if you're in the city id recommend seeing them in person before going crazy.

no hassle, just gotta shoot a shot on the app

do they look brown in person? cuz the boxes say "LBROWN" but all the pictures they look grey

So what're the odds that this initial grey pair ends up being limited, and another cw is released as the GR. 

no hassle, just gotta shoot a shot on the app

do they look brown in person? cuz the boxes say "LBROWN" but all the pictures they look grey

def grey. maybe in a different light they MIGHT look LIGHT brown but they're grey from what I saw.

by hassle I meant I work in jersey, contemplated working from home lol, making people I know download and monitor the app...def not worth any of that.

they also look like they're gonna crease all over. not in the sense of leather crease but can def see a "worn" look after a few wears.

They a clean shoe, everyone gotta get out they mind out of thinking they're a ball shoe. It's a fashion shoe, and I actually think Addidas nailed it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom