ADOS

i think he was alluding to when black americans used to call african immigrants "african bootyscratchers"

I peeped game. Homie the clown headass. Dude is a whole fool in this thread.

And I wholeheartedly agree with that quote @Maximus Meridius But also from the same post you quoted....

Im not ADOS but I fully support this.

I truly wish there was some way that reparations could be made to happen in a non demeaning way. Just giving folks money is almost disrespectful in my opinion. To me, I’d say anyone that is ADOS should get free college tuition at any state / non private school. Additionally, any ADOS parents shouldn’t have to pay taxes. I’m not sure how do this in a equitable way but I’d say you gotta prove it genetically (like 75% true black American or something). It’s kinda odd to me that we do this to help native Americans but we don’t for black Americans.

**** so deep fam. And its happening in this very thread. Those of us that peep game need to teach each other. Each one teach one...

Last edited:
im born of strong blacks who didn't flee their own land and people to run to the oppressive white man's.
Yes, yes.

That's why many of them didn't migrate from the Deep South to the Northern states during Jim Crow. That's why a lot of them didn't move from the US to Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Why is Harriet Tubman celebrated again? Wasn't it for some network set up to help some folks FLEE southern plantations?

You stay throwing stones from a glass house. Hypocrite.

:rofl: :rofl:

tenor.gif

Crazy how easy it still is for WS to infiltrate any Black organization/movement

Last edited:

Im not rolling... scoffing at the idea that black American descendants of slaves DESERVE reperations >D ...Cornball

What has Pan-Africanism done specifically for black Americans? Its Wakanda talk at this point and we need to start talking about demanding for tangible resources

This is a topic that needs to be discussed on a national scale. I could certainly get behind paying more in taxes for targeted investment for ADOS.

The fact that this is a republican led strategy to help minimize black voter turnout isn’t one bit surprising. People in here will still fail to realize how much egg is on their face. Been crickets in here since people got exposed.

This is a topic that needs to be discussed on a national scale. I could certainly get behind paying more in taxes for targeted investment for ADOS.

The fact that this is a republican led strategy to help minimize black voter turnout isn’t one bit surprising. People in here will still fail to realize how much egg is on their face. Been crickets in here since people got exposed.

7f42a2bbcb9f20015ff7c9337ff4e4978a15186f3a50df4f382469c5802d4ca3

ADOS movement looking real funny in the light. And to add insult to injury they got agents in here spewing the no vote propaganda for FREE at the simple mention of reparations. Psychological slavery if you ask me....

How do people in here feel about Bernie as a realistic avenue to move the needle forward? He wants to basically do a version of this as a starting point where ecepnomic resources are diverted to the places that need it the most (predominantly black communities/areas). Hes not advocating for just ADOS but for people in economic distress in general but seems to be an achievable starting point. Overt extremism never works but it does help highlight issues and hopefully spurs change over the course of 5-20 years.

That said - politicians say a lot and nothing ever gets done nowadays because of the inability of the two main parties to agree on anything that’s long term.

ADOS movement looking real funny in the light. And to add insult to injury they got agents in here spewing the no vote propaganda for FREE at the simple mention of reparations. Psychological slavery if you ask me....

What's funny in the light? Im convinced some of yall just grasping for anything to downplay what's going on. Looking at Twitter for all of your info on the matter instead of the TWO creators of the movement.

How do people in here feel about Bernie as a realistic avenue to move the needle forward? He wants to basically do a version of this as a starting point where ecepnomic resources are diverted to the places that need it the most (predominantly black communities/areas). Hes not advocating for just ADOS but for people in economic distress in general but seems to be an achievable starting point. Overt extremism never works but it does help highlight issues and hopefully spurs change over the course of 5-20 years.

That said - politicians say a lot and nothing ever gets done nowadays because of the inability of the two main parties to agree on anything that’s long term.
A bit iffy on Bernie. He just seems like an idealist to me

I have no idea what her point is here?

Is she or is she not on the board? If so, people have the right to call her out for that ****. King, Sessions, and Miller are legit bigots and white supremacist.

I voted for Bernie in the primary, like over 40% of primary voters also did, the fact some random Hillary supporters got upset at her is not a shield for her actions on this.

Progressives for Immigration Reform (PFIR), a new organization that purports to represent liberal environmentalists, is headed by Leah Durant, an attorney who once worked for the nativist Immigration Reform Law Institute, the legal arm of FAIR. John Tanton, who remains on FAIR's board, has written about the need to use progressive or liberal environmental organizations as a means of insulating nativists against charges of racism.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2010...-environmentalists-are-wolves-sheeps-clothing

More links about PFIR and FAIR

https://www.adl.org/news/article/funders-of-the-anti-immigrant-movement

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-s...an-american-anti-immigration-rally?ref=scroll

https://thinkprogress.org/fake-prog...ainst-immigrants-in-nasty-tv-ad-51498ddff50b/

This is John Tanton

jt_video13.jpg

John H. Tanton is an American retired ophthalmologist and activist in efforts aimed at reducing immigration levels in the United States. He was the founder and first chairman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, an anti-immigration organization. He was chairman of U.S. English and ProEnglish.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/us/17immig.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...olicies/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ed16bc23a645

https://www.michigandaily.com/section/statement/john-tanton-nativist-next-door

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/john-tanton

Last edited:

America is too progressive for communist ideals. However I do think Bernie being of Jewish descent has a more realistic view of what these underserved communities look like and would allocate resources to lower income and impoverished areas. He isn’t carrying a stern voice on the issue however because he knows if he wants to even have a chance in the Dem pool he can’t carry that stick.

What's funny in the light? Im convinced some of yall just grasping for anything to downplay what's going on. Looking at Twitter for all of your info on the matter instead of the TWO creators of the movement.

Carnell herself confirmed she’s on the board though. There’s nothing to grasp at.

I have no idea what her point is here?

Is she or is she not on the board? If so, people have the right to call her out for that ****. King, Sessions, and Miller are legit bigots and white supremacist.

I voted for Bernie in the primary, like over 40% of primary voters also did, the fact some random Hillary supporters got upset at her is not a shield for her actions on this.

This thread is toxic at this point.

I’m sure this will be ignored

But I said it before if someone is telling a black person not to vote they are working on behalf of white supremacy whether they want to own it or not

Seems like they might be owning it tho

Why I don't really bother with black discussions online anymore. It attracts certain anti-intellectual toxic elements.

America is too progressive for communist ideals. However I do think Bernie being of Jewish descent has a more realistic view of what these underserved communities look like and would allocate resources to lower income and impoverished areas. He isn’t carrying a stern voice on the issue however because he knows if he wants to even have a chance in the Dem pool he can’t carry that stick.

Carnell herself confirmed she’s on the board though. There’s nothing to grasp at.

And? You had people in this same thread admitting to going to Storefront and other racist boards to do whatever. Am I supposed to believe they're supporters of white supremacists now?

Even if y'all want to get at her, there's still Antonio Moore. Very data driven and has worked with Sandy Darrity and other economists to drive home the point of our situation and work on how reparations best suit us.

Last edited:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She join the board of a right wing anti-immigration group to convince them that citizenship matters. Brah, their whole aim is to be hostile to non citizens, and deny legal status to as many immigrants as possible. They know citizenship matters, that is why they try to deny it to as many non-white non affluent immigrants as possible.

Furthermore, she really thinks far right conservatives are gonna see African Americans as a priority because of their citizenship status :lol: These groups constantly brainstorm ways of stripping constitutional rights from black people.

Also, there are non-ADOS black citizens. I am one of them. My citizenship and contributions to America means little to her because I was not born here. It is not about citizenship status clearly. Her saying that just sounds like a dog whistle

She is full of ****ing **** on this issue, and now she is scrambling to defend and obvious ****ty move. She is better than this. Just apologize and move on.

This thread is toxic at this point.

I’m sure this will be ignored

But I said it before if someone is telling a black person not to vote they are working on behalf of white supremacy whether they want to own it or not

Seems like they might be owning it tho
Moore and Carnell never said not to vote. That's been said multiple times. People like Tariq and others have advocated the no vote thing. Another case of lack of research on the matter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She join the board of a right wing anti-immigration group to convince them that citizenship matters. Brah, their whole aim is to be hostile to non citizens, and deny legal status to as many immigrants as possible. They know citizenship matters, that is why they try to deny it to as many non-white non affluent immigrants as possible.

Furthermore, she really thinks far right conservatives are gonna see African Americans as a priority because of their citizenship status :lol: These groups constantly brainstorm ways of stripping constitutional rights from black people.

Also, there are non-ADOS black citizens. I am one of them. My citizenship and contributions to America means little to her because I was not born here.

She is full of ****ing **** on this issue, and now she is scrambling to defend and obvious ****ty move. She is better than this. Just apologize and move on.
That's fine. I'm not gonna defend the move. Shes smarter than that and it's dumb logic. Joining that board doesn't downplay the movement in any way whatsoever like some in here are trying to do.

King, Sessions, and Miller are legit bigots and white supremacist.
I don't know how that escapes them.

This is exactly what happens to those who don't understand how history is made (that is, those who refuse to pay attention to politics).

ALL the immigration acts since the very first one they passed in this country had one and only one goal: maintain the white demographic majority.

Well, actually, the first immigration law, Dave, was 1792. And it limited citizenship in the United States to, quote, "free, white persons." And, in fact, there was - you know, there was this kind of conflict from the beginning among the founders - on the one hand, sort of this idea that, you know, that every person is entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and yet sort of a grudging feeling that that really doesn't necessarily apply to anybody. I mean, Benjamin Franklin famously said that blacks and tawnies should not be allowed into the United States - tawnies being, basically, anybody of color.

And in the spirit of the civil rights movement, a sense that just as you needed to replace those laws, change those laws that sort of put African-Americans in an inferior status legally, you needed to also change your immigration laws to get rid of this idea that there were second-class countries, second-class nationalities, and the idea that America really should not close its doors to people from non-European countries, that, really, America should be a country that is more or less open to everybody independent of nationality - very simple principle and had not been put into practice. Finally, in the mid-1960s, a sense that it was time to get rid of that notion of prejudice in our immigration law.

DAVIES: Right. And Southern Democrats in particular wanted to preserve that and wanted to keep the country relatively white. And in the end, in order to get it passed, those who favored a change agreed to a formula that the conservatives thought would bend things their way. What did they - what was the final deal?

GJELTEN: Well, when President Johnson first proposed the new legislation to get rid of the national origin quotas, he said that a country that is built by immigrants of all lands can ask those who now seek admission, what can you do for our country? We should not ask in what country were you born? And that actually - that idea was the original one in this legislation, that visas should be allocated to people on the basis of what they could offer the country in terms of skills, training, education. The phrase was the attributes that are considered especially advantageous should be prioritized. There was a sense among conservatives in Congress that having a strictly merit-based immigration system like this would sure to change the character of the country too much. It would open the doors of the country too much to people from really nontraditional, non-European backgrounds.

So on the one hand, they agreed to get rid of the national origin quotas but only on the condition that the priority of the law, the new priority, should change, not giving priority, not giving preference to people who had particular skills and training and education but giving preference to people who already had relatives here, the idea being that if you gave preference to people who already had family members here, you would basically just replicate the structure of the society that you already had. You would basically have sort of minimal change in the composition of the country.

As it turned out, it backfired because the great demand to immigrate to the United States in those years was coming from third-world countries, what we used to call third-world countries, not any longer from Europe. And bit by bit, every time you gave a visa to a student from Africa or an employment visa to somebody from South Asia, behind them were dozens and dozens of family members who wanted to follow to the United States. And that family unification system really resulted in a flood of immigrants from countries that hadn't been represented before. So you saw this phenomenon that President Trump has derided as chain migration - you really saw it kick into operation in - particularly in the 1970s. And it ended up this chain migration, this emphasis on family unification as the most important principle in U.S. immigration policy, really produced in the end a flood of immigration from the very countries that people were uncomfortable with in the beginning.

This is why I am upset about the open, anti-African turn of this movement. The above shows just how sophisticated racist policies can be (even though the opposite of the intended effect happened: America got browner), and we have Black folks happily going along with it.

Back
Top Bottom