AFC Conference Championship: New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Sunday Jan 23, 6:30PM ET on CBS)

You think 14 is young? If I'm doing the math correctly right now, I was 12 years old for the Doug Brien game. I remember crying my eyes out 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

You think 14 is young? If I'm doing the math correctly right now, I was 12 years old for the Doug Brien game. I remember crying my eyes out 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I hate the Jets(mostly cause of LT and Rex Ryan) but I despise the Steelers ('cept Tomlin dude seems cool as hell). Looks like I gota root for the Jets on this one, plus Bart Scott made me a fan yesterday haha.

I have to start my new job ON Superbowl Sunday smh gtfoohwtbs so next weekend will be my superbowl weekend so hopefully this will be as good of a game as im making it out to be in my head.

[Bart Scott] Cant wait![/Bart Scott]

I hate the Jets(mostly cause of LT and Rex Ryan) but I despise the Steelers ('cept Tomlin dude seems cool as hell). Looks like I gota root for the Jets on this one, plus Bart Scott made me a fan yesterday haha.

I have to start my new job ON Superbowl Sunday smh gtfoohwtbs so next weekend will be my superbowl weekend so hopefully this will be as good of a game as im making it out to be in my head.

[Bart Scott] Cant wait![/Bart Scott]

I simply can not fathom how Mark Sanchez could beat Peyton, Tom, and Ben 3 straight weeks on the road.  I just can't see it happening. 

Obviously anything can happen, they are there in the game, but I see Ben coming up big and his playoff resume really gonna be standing out pretty quick. 

For fun, if the Jets did beat him, and say Aaron Rodgers makes it to the Super Bowl, Peyton, Tom, Ben, Aaron...........there would be no words if they could make that run.  Dead serious. 
30t6p3b.gif

I simply can not fathom how Mark Sanchez could beat Peyton, Tom, and Ben 3 straight weeks on the road.  I just can't see it happening. 

Obviously anything can happen, they are there in the game, but I see Ben coming up big and his playoff resume really gonna be standing out pretty quick. 

For fun, if the Jets did beat him, and say Aaron Rodgers makes it to the Super Bowl, Peyton, Tom, Ben, Aaron...........there would be no words if they could make that run.  Dead serious. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Like Sanchez said last night, he isnt playing against those guys...Hes playing against their defense...( cliche but true
grin.gif
)...Which in the Steelers case is a helluva unit.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Like Sanchez said last night, he isnt playing against those guys...Hes playing against their defense...( cliche but true
grin.gif
)...Which in the Steelers case is a helluva unit.

The Steelers won't lose this game.

Nobody gave the Jets a shot against New England because the Pats are a media darling. If you're to break down their team down, they didn't match up where it counts, defense. That comment from Bart Scott was true, the Pats defense can't stop a nose bleed. We all know that Defense wins championships.The Jets do have a great defense and when their offense shows up (like it did yesterday) it wasn't a stretch to say they could beat the Pats. Now before you go referencing the win in Pittsburgh in week 15, take into account who was missing on the defensive side of things for the Steelers (their play-maker). Just like the Pats blowing the Jets out in week 13, the regular season doesn't mean a thing. I am calling it now; I guarantee the Steelers beat the Jets on Sunday.

Nobody gave the Jets a shot against New England because the Pats are a media darling. If you're to break down their team down, they didn't match up where it counts, defense. That comment from Bart Scott was true, the Pats defense can't stop a nose bleed. We all know that Defense wins championships.The Jets do have a great defense and when their offense shows up (like it did yesterday) it wasn't a stretch to say they could beat the Pats. Now before you go referencing the win in Pittsburgh in week 15, take into account who was missing on the defensive side of things for the Steelers (their play-maker). Just like the Pats blowing the Jets out in week 13, the regular season doesn't mean a thing. I am calling it now; I guarantee the Steelers beat the Jets on Sunday.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Polamalu still isn't 100% as far as I'm hearing. While the Steelers O-Line is the practically the same line from Week 15, it's the out-of-nowhere pass rush the Jets have gotten the past two games, that could make an impact in this game.

Braylon is in a zone, Holmes is going to want to play the game of his life coming back to Pitt., Tomlinson is going to want to run head on to Dallas, etc... you get my point?

Polamalu still isn't 100% as far as I'm hearing. While the Steelers O-Line is the practically the same line from Week 15, it's the out-of-nowhere pass rush the Jets have gotten the past two games, that could make an impact in this game.

Braylon is in a zone, Holmes is going to want to play the game of his life coming back to Pitt., Tomlinson is going to want to run head on to Dallas, etc... you get my point?

bkmac, you do have some valid points. I am not a fan nor do I dislike either of the teams. I am just calling it how I see it. The Jets are coming off a big win and do have momentum, however the Steelers just beat the team that could have arguably won the Super Bowl. I am still sticking with my preseason prediction of a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl.

u done ?

bkmac, you do have some valid points. I am not a fan nor do I dislike either of the teams. I am just calling it how I see it. The Jets are coming off a big win and do have momentum, however the Steelers just beat the team that could have arguably won the Super Bowl. I am still sticking with my preseason prediction of a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl.

u done ?

And I'm sticking with my preseason prediction of Packers-Jets Super Bowl

I don't think there's any stopping us. Who would of thought we would beat Peyton and Tom, the best 2 QBs in the league, in consecutive weeks?
Only Jets fans did. well MOST of us (AMP)
laugh.gif

i hope all the jets fans really get hype thinking about how they beat us week 15. wins a win, but we gave up 9 bs points (kickoff on the first play and a safety in the 4th), and we still should have won if our backup te didn't drop a touchdown pass in the back of the endzone on the 2nd to last play. we also got absolutely no pass rush on sanchez, but our defense is playing crazy right now. no way in hell the jets win this game. i'm getting ready to buy my super bowl ticket because i KNOW we're headed there already. our title window is small in my opinion with everyone getting up there in age so this could be my only chance to see us in the super bowl for a while and i'm not gonna miss out on it.

And I'm sticking with my preseason prediction of Packers-Jets Super Bowl

I don't think there's any stopping us. Who would of thought we would beat Peyton and Tom, the best 2 QBs in the league, in consecutive weeks?
Only Jets fans did. well MOST of us (AMP)
laugh.gif

i hope all the jets fans really get hype thinking about how they beat us week 15. wins a win, but we gave up 9 bs points (kickoff on the first play and a safety in the 4th), and we still should have won if our backup te didn't drop a touchdown pass in the back of the endzone on the 2nd to last play. we also got absolutely no pass rush on sanchez, but our defense is playing crazy right now. no way in hell the jets win this game. i'm getting ready to buy my super bowl ticket because i KNOW we're headed there already. our title window is small in my opinion with everyone getting up there in age so this could be my only chance to see us in the super bowl for a while and i'm not gonna miss out on it.

and i hope hines ward lays bart scott the @%!$ out again so he can start crying and threaten to kill him...again.

and i hope hines ward lays bart scott the @%!$ out again so he can start crying and threaten to kill him...again.

There's no way in hell that the jets win in indy, new england, and in pittsburg....but if they some how do they will probably win it all...

Back
Top Bottom