After 13 years of eBay, I'm officially done Update: They ruled in buyers favor OUTRAGED..Update 2 TH

I put up an auction for a Gucci bag (100% real) I copped it from the Gucci outlet at my mall, included gift receipt, original tags, and everything. I sold it to someone on eBay and he received the bag on the 18th of March and 2 days later he leaves me a POSITIVE FEEDBACK saying he "got the bag even though it was horribly packaged"

Anyway, about 6 days pass and I get a charge back email from paypal and the money he sent me deducted out of my account stating the "item is not as described" I contact the buyer and he is not responding to any of my emails, even though I can see he is leaving positive feedback for others so he is active on eBay.

The item is EXACTLY as described and pictured, I call paypal and they are of no help, all they can tell me is to wait until the investigation is done. I don't understand how paypal can just allow people to scam others like this..Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any advice? I emailed paypal all the "Evidence" I can but I have a feeling this dude is going to take my money and keep the bag for free and the kicker is HE LEFT ME A POSITIVE FEEDBACK AFTER 2 DAYS OF HAVING THE BAG. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it

So today I finally got the email I was honestly expecting the whole time, they ruled in the buyers favor, the buyer never said what was not described about the item, Paypal won't let me know what the buyers dispute with the item was, and now I owe 28.00 to paypal for getting ripped off. I honestly feel like I want to go crazy. To make things even worse, paypal emailed me saying the case is closed and they are "disputing it" (...right) and they did not mention ANYTHING about the buyer sending back my item. What can I do? I lost 300.00 to a scammer who used paypal to help them scam me

Update 2 I got a random email from Paypal on June 25th stating:
Code:
We are pleased to inform you that we have successfully disputed chargebackcase # (edited out for obvious reasons).  The buyer's card issuer has decided in yourfavor and within seven days you will receive reimbursement for $285.00 USD.
I don't know what happened, but they gave me the money back! I guess there might be some hope for Paypal after all

Last edited:
sorry to hear. sellers aren't protected at all. it's a damn shame :smh:

but hopefully it works out (although it's very unlikely)

i try to stay as much as i can from selling on ebay. I'd rather sell on craigslist locally.

Is this in the resolution center? I know for a fact that I have read in there that if they have left you positive feedback on the transaction in dispute, ebay will side with you.

I don't even want to sell stuff because it's way too easy for people to get away with stuff like this. :smh:

oh man the sucks, hope you get your money back. lately I've been selling kicks on ebay and i hope that doesn't happend to me.

Paypal cant do anything becase he filed a chargeback with his CC company.

it sucks man, which is why i rarely even sell online to begin with even over $50 items. dudes are scum bags these days :smh:

Same thing happened to me a while back...

I sold a pair of Atlantic Penny II's and dude received it and left me positive feedback. "100% authentic and legit seller." (usps signature confirmation confirmed as well) Almost a month goes by (probably like the 29th day after payment) dude files a dispute. He says something like he received "a package with a book and packaging peanuts." I tell paypal he left positive feedback/specific descriptions on feedback/got package like 29 days ago, signed for it, and now he decides to pull a scam?

Paypal says there is nothing they can do. Takes my money and refunds the seller. Seller doesn't have to send anything back due to "contents."

I tell paypal that I technically go on a shopping spree on eBay and claim I received paper weights and file a dispute for my money back a month later? They say, "I'll make sure to "red flag" your account that you intend to do that."

F eBay and F paypal.

F scammers. It will all come back to them. Believe that.

I don't sell that much online but these threads make me paranoid...seems like there's no full proof way of covering your *** :smh:

Same thing happened to me a while back...

I sold a pair of Atlantic Penny II's and dude received it and left me positive feedback. "100% authentic and legit seller." (usps signature confirmation confirmed as well) Almost a month goes by (probably like the 29th day after payment) dude files a dispute. He says something like he received "a package with a book and packaging peanuts." I tell paypal he left positive feedback/specific descriptions on feedback/got package like 29 days ago, signed for it, and now he decides to pull a scam?

Paypal says there is nothing they can do. Takes my money and refunds the seller. Seller doesn't have to send anything back due to "contents."

I tell paypal that I technically go on a shopping spree on eBay and claim I received paper weights and file a dispute for my money back a month later? They say, "I'll make sure to "red flag" your account that you intend to do that."

F eBay and F paypal.

F scammers. It will all come back to them. Believe that.
I'm sorry to hear that man, I know for almost a fact now I won't get my money or merchandise back..300 bucks down the drain. I'm a legit seller and it really hurts to see this happen. To add injury to insult I heard they are going to charge me a 10.00 chargeback fee

You can't trust anybody! Really nothing you can do to prevent this type of action. :smh: hope everything works out

This is why I withdraw the money from an auction as soon as it hits my Paypal account. I've learned quickly that PayPal will never ever take the L.

Additionally I now video tape myself packing the item & mailing it. (No cuts)

The other scam other people love to pull, and I hope all of you are aware of this one, is asking the seller to ship to an address that isn't the confirmed one.
Thus happened to my friend , he was new to ebay, received an offer and took it. He shipped to the address on the guys eBay account, not the Paypal address, and eventhough my friend had tracking and everything PayPal told him he should have shipped to the confirmed address.

Oh, so the conclusion with my story? Friend got scammed for his pair of NA Air Jordan 3's and PayPal put his account in negative 400
SMH.

Last edited:
Dude that freaken sucks. I feel bad for every legit seller out there that's getting flushed away like this.

I used to sell a lot on eBay back in the day but now I'm reluctant to even though I got a bunch of crap to sell.

I'm sorry to hear that man, I know for almost a fact now I won't get my money or merchandise back..300 bucks down the drain. I'm a legit seller and it really hurts to see this happen. To add injury to insult I heard they are going to charge me a 10.00 chargeback fee

Yeah its sucks. And the thing is I'm a powerseller with 100% feedback. On eBay since 2004. And I'm a "PAYPAL PREFFERED/PRIVILAGED" member too!!!

It's total BS. That damn PAYPAL PREFERRED member status doesn't mean jack **** and it's ********!!! You get that status by spending over $5,000 in a 12 month span and you're automatically enrolled to:

1.) Preffered member offers
2.) Fast paypal resolutions
3.) A dedicated Paypal Customer Service number for members only
4.) discounts of some ********
5.) blah blah blah

Yeah, I got a fast open and shut case against me by a scammer. That "dedicated special members only" customer service phone number is just a regular number to paypal. And I got royally screwed by being a "loyal" paypal user...

Never again...

I still use paypal, but only when buying. Sucks for the sellers to get fee'ed up like crazy and get it with no Vaseline by the scammers...

Call Paypal and talk to a supervisor and explain your case don't talk to the employees and explain that he led positive feedback if they give you a bs excuse ask them to transfer you to another supervisor show that u ha everything included and described everything on point

Paypal/ebay not worth it in todays landscape. As a seller you will get screwed over sooner or later. Its not a question of if but when. Those people that screwed the nters here, karma will will find those scumbags. Hope everyone stays away from ebay/paypal when selling.

man these scam stories got me shook. i wanna sell my de la highs but not even gonna put them on ebay. the stuff ive sold so far have been scam free but op and everyone else that got scammed, feel really bad for you guys man

Op it was me.

Jk.
Pass the buyers info and nt squad will get on that

Last edited:
I been selling on eBay for awhile.. Never been scammed thankfully.. But you can't knock the hustle of these ppl taking advantage of the system while they can before there is a fix... But I would never do it.. Sucks to ppl who get scammed.. I blame Paypal and eBay for this

Back
Top Bottom