After digesting MCHG, I'm saying Nas > Jay as an artist

nas should let rick ross exec produce his next album.....nas on JL beats is 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

better MC? Nas

better songwriter with flows? Jay-Z hands down

listening to Nas can be a complete borefest, Jay got energetic flows and most of his stuff doesn't sound as boring. he's pretty entertaining in his music.
I thought the better MC WAS the better song writer with flow though??????????????

This is ALMOST like apples to oranges, I think Nas still def has the ability to be more intricate with lyrics than hov even tho hov has the double entendres

better MC? Nas

better songwriter with flows? Jay-Z hands down

listening to Nas can be a complete borefest, Jay got energetic flows and most of his stuff doesn't sound as boring. he's pretty entertaining in his music.
I thought the better MC WAS the better song writer with flow though??????????????

This is ALMOST like apples to oranges, I think Nas still def has the ability to be more intricate with lyrics than hov even tho hov has the double entendres
you're right. nas is the better rapper while Jay is the better MC

Just appreciate them both, and realize that other up and coming rappers will might not get to the pedestal that they're on so enjoy them while they're still here and making music... both of them.

With what is praised today I'll gladly take mediocre **** from Jay or Nas instead of listening to a lot of the crap that these other artists put out these days.

Anyone who says Nas is a borefest, obviously is mad that they don't understand what he is saying..............

Grab a dictionary you ignorant peon...................

Nas has one of the most recognizable voices in MUSIC............. You can't help but want to listen to the man........

Black Album better than Illmatic? How old were you when Illmatic dropped? Nut Juice?

Anyone who says Nas is a borefest, obviously is mad that they don't understand what he is saying..............

Grab a dictionary you ignorant peon...................

Nas has one of the most recognizable voices in MUSIC............. You can't help but want to listen to the man........

Black Album better than Illmatic? How old were you when Illmatic dropped? Nut Juice?

I'm wondering how old are you to post this

I'm a big fan of both Nas and Jay so a lot of times I just stay outta this threads cuz people on both sides say a lot of dumb ****. Discredit Nas to praise Jay, discredit Jay to praise Nas and dudes just be talking in circles. Both of 'em have classic albums so all this "What has Nas done since illmatic" or "Jay hasn't made a good album since Blueprint" talk is crazy. It just depends on what you prefer. Nas is a street poet, Jay is real versatile. Lyrical ****, commercial ****, whatever. As a rapper I would give Nas a small edge. As a overall artist it's Jay. Nas doesn't have that ability to jump on anything, it's just not his personality.

I think Jay's catalog is a little better too. Nas has a lot of unreleased stuff that sounds better than stuff on his albums.

As far as MCHG or Life Is Good. I would take Life Is Good. I think everything on that album flows perfectly. The beats, the lyrics and subject matter. MCHG is a dope album but top to bottom I don't think it's better than Life Is Good..

:lol: Yo I saw the shorter commercials but I don't recall it being about his album. All I remember is seeing Jay nod his head to a beat and talk about himself and taking it to another level or some crap, I don't recall seeing the words Manga Carta Holy Grail or hearing it. First time seeing that 3 minute joint. So I largely ignored those as just Jay doing a commercial.

Any time I see dude in other media it's about his kid or about his sports agency thing. Not promoting an album.

See ladies and gentlemen this is exactly why I stated earlier that it's important to actually go outside to see and hear what is going on in your neighborhood.  There's simply no reason for Master Zik to not know that Jay Z just released an album, none whatsoever.  As we can clearly see he doesn't know what the hell is going on.  Now Master Zik says he wasn't locked up...........whether we believe him or not is a different story but for now he's sticking to his story so we have to respect him for that. 

:rofl: :rofl: bruh

Last edited:
Nas has one of the most recognizable voices in MUSIC.............

View media item 218785

Yeah, what a ridiculous statement.

All Nas has is 10 consecutive top 10 debuts on the Billboard 200, with 6 of those reaching #1, and a world tour with a Marley under his belt. And he's only been in the game, what, 20 years? He's clearly a glorified Hurricane Chris, at best.

He's even getting clowned on the college circuit: http://pitchfork.com/news/51557-harvard-honors-nas-launches-the-nasir-jones-hip-hop-fellowship/

He used a bunch of different flows, according to the beat. So I'm not sure how you can say his flow was awful, when it was based on a song by song basis
:smh:

Okay, the flowS were awful :lol:

Not on all the songs, but yeah, I agree for the most part. I hate that disjointed flow he does on most of the tracks.

All Nas has is 10 consecutive top 10 debuts on the Billboard 200, with 6 of those reaching #1, and a world tour with a Marley under his belt. And he's only been in the game, what, 20 years? He's clearly a glorified Hurricane Chris, at best.

He's even getting clowned on the college circuit: http://pitchfork.com/news/51557-harvard-honors-nas-launches-the-nasir-jones-hip-hop-fellowship/

Okay. He still doesn't have one of the most recognizable voices in the entire world of music but okay believe what you want

Okay. He still doesn't have one of the most recognizable voices in the entire world of music but okay believe what you want

So you've HONESTLY heard Nas on a track and thought "Who's that rapping?". Your answer will tell me all I need to know about you.

And another couple of questions. Are you one of those people who feels that Nas only raps over "wack beats"? If so, how do you explain six #1 albums if not for his voice, then?

And lastly, how do explain all of these germans reciting Nas classics from 20 years ago if his voice isn't that recognizable?

You see, I don't argue with people as much as a I ask a series of legitimate questions that causes the opposition to see how flawed their thought process is. Best part is, you'll only look worse if you sidestep the questions.

Your ball.

Last edited:
So you've HONESTLY heard Nas on a track and thought "Who's that rapping?". Your answer will tell me all I need to know about you.

And another couple of questions. Are you one of those people who feels that Nas only raps over "wack beats"? If so, how do you explain six #1 albums if not for his voice, then?

And lastly, how do explain all of these germans reciting Nas classics from 20 years ago if his voice isn't that recognizable?

You see, I don't argue with people as much as a I ask a series of legitimate questions that causes the opposition to see how flawed their thought process is. Best part is, you'll only look worse if you sidestep the questions.

Your ball.

:lol: you're not proving anything. I can pull 100 videos of 100 other music artists that get their music recited in Germany and other places overseas. And I never said his voice is not that recognizable...I said it wasn't one of the most recognizable in music. And no dip **** I've never wondered who he was but music is not about me it's about everyone in the world. And there are so many genres that you're not going to get me to say he has one of THE most recognizable voices in music so stop it, you're not making anything I'm saying look flawed.

Last edited:

Your ball.
laugh.gif
you're not proving anything. I can pull 100 videos of 100 other music artists that get their music recited in Germany and other places overseas. And I never said his voice is not that recognizable...I said it wasn't one of the most recognizable in music. And no dip **** I've never wondered who he was but music is not about me it's about everyone in the world. And there are so many genres that you're not going to get me to say he has one of THE most recognizable voices in music so stop it, you're not making anything I'm saying look flawed.
i would say a majority of my friends (not many of them listen to rap) would be able to recognize his voice in a random song. eminem is by far the most recognizable voice in hip hop

i would say a majority of my friends (not many of them listen to rap) would be able to recognize his voice in a random song. eminem is by far the most recognizable voice in hip hop

we're not talking about your friends or my friends or his friends. we're talking about the world.

dude said one of the most recognizable voices in MUSIC. MUSIC. MUSIC!!!

and i would have to disagree. Snoop has the most recognizable voice in hip-hop.

Your ball.

:lol: you're not proving anything. I can pull 100 videos of 100 other music artists that get their music recited in Germany and other places overseas. And I never said his voice is not that recognizable...I said it wasn't one of the most recognizable in music. And no dip **** I've never wondered who he was but music is not about me it's about everyone in the world. And there are so many genres that you're not going to get me to say he has one of THE most recognizable voices in music so stop it, you're not making anything I'm saying look flawed.

Awww, I got 'em mad.

And you're making no sense. So you say YOU can recognized Nas, "but it's not about you." Yet YOU somehow can speak for EVERYONE else in the world and say that most people WON'T know who Nas is? Is there ANY basis to that whatsoever?

I don't have to get you to say anything. I just have to watch you continue to put out illogical statements while sidestepping the chance to explain how someone WITHOUT one of the most recognizable voices can have SIX #1 ALBUMS. SIX #1 BILLBOARD 200 albums. Not #1 on JUST the Hip-Hop chart or any other particular genre for that matter. SIX #1 albums means that on 6 separate occasions he was the most purchased out of all available genres, yes or no? His first #1 was in 1996, has last was in 2012. Who across any genre does that? You can't name many acts to have #1 albums span 16 years, regardless of genre.

He's dropped 11 solo albums and none have flopped over the course of 20 years. Those don't even include The Firm, Lost Tapes, or Distant Relatives.

So I guess what I'm asking is, if Nas doesn't have one of the most recognizable voices in music with over 25 million records sold, then who does?

Last edited:
Made NaS Proud > MCHG

At this stage in their careers, all I care for is
1 dope track or a couple features a year from
either of them. Everything they put out now will
get compared to previous works, and wont stand
against them, but further deteriorate their legacies.

Made NaS Proud > MCHG

At this stage in their careers, all I care for is
1 dope track or a couple features a year from
either of them. Everything they put out now will
get compared to previous works, and wont stand
against them, but further deteriorate their legacies.

Not a bad thought. We've seen Andre 3k do it a couple years ago and it only helped his legacy.

Listen to Nas on the Let Nas Down remix. This year too, and he still kills. Jay's album was a huge disappointment, Ye's album was a disappointment, I'm not even going to talk about IANAHB2, Born Sinner was O.K.... I don't like the future of rap.

Back
Top Bottom