Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

i have no complaints on the leather i mean they aint banneds leather and dont have royals to compare but my other ogs have good leather also

the hunt continues but don't wanna end up with a pair with hella quality issues. 

got mines in today from Eastbay. Had some flaws, i.e. glue marks, pre-creases, but overall I'm satisfied as they were one of my faves and I need to give me patent leather chicago 1s from 10 years ago a rest, and yes they're still going strong and looking good thanks to Jason Markks. One thing I did notice that I didn't hear many bring up is the smell from the shoes. Back in the day new shoes had new shoe smell, this is like an over bearing glue or something. Please let me know.

^I dont complain every release. Seriously.... they are disappointing someone who considers the WCIVs to be good leather. My standards aren't that high.

And in all honesty I dont even know what that means. We should just buy trash now because we buy shoes?

Last edited:
^I dont complain every release. Seriously.... they are disappointing someone who considers the WCIVs to be good leather. My standards aren't that high.

And in all honesty I dont even know what that means. We should just buy trash now because we buy shoes?

so you wanted the leather to be harder or stiffer like the wciv's?

If u spending a couple bills on fn pair of kicks then there is nothing wrong with expecting some decent to good quality. To say if u gonna be upset then don't cop like it ain't a problem is just foolish. The type of leather is not controllable but to have multiple glue splashes on ya kicks and color bleeding then yea that is a problem when your paying the kind of money we are paying. Ain't nothing wrong with expecting a good quality shoe when forking over a few bills. Bottom line.

it was a general remark, but if u feel that way dont buy js simple as that. now i could understand if the leather was shiny like the black cement 3s then u could cry all you want but bro the sneaker LOOKS just like the previous black toe.

If u spending a couple bills on fn pair of kicks then there is nothing wrong with expecting some decent to good quality. To say if u gonna be upset then don't cop like it ain't a problem is just foolish. The type of leather is not controllable but to have multiple glue splashes on ya kicks and color bleeding then yea that is a problem when your paying the kind of money we are paying. Ain't nothing wrong with expecting a good quality shoe when forking over a few bills. Bottom line.
 i see where you coming from. if you bought a pair of black toes and there was noticeable flaws. then u have aright to complain. but if the sneaker looks new no flaws whatsoever and u still complaining about the leather, then u got issuess.

i'm about to do a meet up from CL for $225, but i still feel like that is too much. i mean these are 1s, for goodness sake! :smh:
That is not bad at all.  These are the Jordan 1 OG joints.  Now while the Nike Air tag is not completely the OG version it is close enough to give em that extra value.  

i wound up copping. still not happy about the price, but i am happy with the shoes tho.

View media item 435417

Last edited:
 i see where you coming from. if you bought a pair of black toes and there was noticeable flaws. then u have aright to complain. but if the sneaker looks new no flaws whatsoever and u still complaining about the leather, then u got issuess.

Exactly.complaining about the leather is just stupid and pointless. I'm o ly referring to complaints Bout flaws and I mean NOTICABLE flaws. I've seen some of the most ridiculous complaints before on these shoe forums. To me the most ridiculous complaint of them is the creasing complaint. Like seriously bro. Shoes are made to crease. You don't want creases don't fn wear em. Simple as that. I also don't get the dudes that don't wear their shoes but keep em in a closet boxed up for years. Smdh..that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I buy kicks and fly kicks at that to bust fresh fits with em. Not sure what ppl get out of seeing they shoes boxed up.

My pair is out for delivery today so I'm anxious to see my pair in person now. As long my ish ain't coated in extra glue and the colors are all right I'll be good. Lil spots of glue around the bottom can't be seen when wearing on the feet anyways. It can also be taken off with no harm to the leather if done the right way. I'll post pics when they get here. Should be any minute now. :smokin

at this point we know what were getting from JB, quality is hit or miss on some releases. I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.

Exactly.complaining about the leather is just stupid and pointless. I'm o ly referring to complaints Bout flaws and I mean NOTICABLE flaws. I've seen some of the most ridiculous complaints before on these shoe forums. To me the most ridiculous complaint of them is the creasing complaint. Like seriously bro. Shoes are made to crease. You don't want creases don't fn wear em. Simple as that. I also don't get the dudes that don't wear their shoes but keep em in a closet boxed up for years. Smdh..that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I buy kicks and fly kicks at that to bust fresh fits with em. Not sure what ppl get out of seeing they shoes boxed up.
100% agree with you.  I mean ..its just getting ridiculous.  Yo I'm gonna become a nudist cause I'm tired of creases in my Js and tired of having to iron my clothes knowing they are going to get wrinkled when I wear them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom