Air Jordan 1 High "Satin Black Toe" - August 17th

Shoutout to the dudes crying in DD's DMs cause they took the L at Roberts in Queens. Mad dudes posted up on Junction for women's shoes. Lawd have mercy.
I don’t know what happened there but if she put *****es in the store who just got there when dudes was camping all night then that’s wrong

Brother was livid he couldn't get these for his girl. Heard Finishline had crashed for almost an hour.

There’s nothing wrong with reselling as long as you been in the game a long time and love the shoes for their history and cultural significance imo. It’s one thing to scoop up a pair or two like these and make some quick extra cash, but it’s another to buyout entire stock so people who wanted a pair have no chance .

I disagree. I've been in the "game" for a long time. I don't buy what I don't intend on wearing. I'd rather let someone else who'll appreciate the shoe have at it.

I don’t know what happened there but if she put *****es in the store who just got there when dudes was camping all night then that’s wrong

I'm not entirely sure what it is that she does, but I think she works closely with sneaker shops. She said that the owners told her to pick a number of people to get kicks. And let's keep it real, these are technically women's shoes and she chose women who she knew would wear them and not just resell them. I don't see any problem with that.

Congrats to those few ladies and gents who copped. Especially the ladies.

Took nothin but L's since midnight so as a consolation decided to slap on the Black Tongue's ...12 year old tanks
20190817_152643.jpg

20190817_153147.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what it is that she does, but I think she works closely with sneaker shops. She said that the owners told her to pick a number of people to get kicks. And let's keep it real, these are technically women's shoes and she chose women who she knew would wear them and not just resell them. I don't see any problem with that.
Yea I get it, but really whoever was there first should touch, regardless of what’s between their legs. And let’s also be real, a lot of those women are resellers too. It’s along the same lines of me selecting only white people to enter my store cuz they’re white, it’s discrimination. I would love someone to try and do that on a release in Harlem :lol:

Yea I get it, but really whoever was there first should touch, regardless of what’s between their legs. And let’s also be real, a lot of those women are resellers too. It’s along the same lines of me selecting only white people to enter my store cuz they’re white, it’s discrimination. I would love someone to try and do that on a release in Harlem :lol:

I get what you're saying but for a female shoe release, I think what she did was cool plus the store owner gave her the green light. As a dude, you shouldn't be upset that females are eating on a female release. I could understand if it were a mens shoe. I get upset if I go to the Nike Clearance store and there's little petite females clogging up the aisle for my big *** feet. But for a women's shoe release, I'm not mad at what DD did.

I get what you're saying but for a female shoe release, I think what she did was cool plus the store owner gave her the green light. As a dude, you shouldn't be upset that females are eating on a female release. I could understand if it were a mens shoe. I get upset if I go to the Nike Clearance store and there's little petite females clogging up the aisle for my big *** feet. But for a women's shoe release, I'm not mad at what DD did.
So you’re saying if you camped there since yesterday morning number one to get the men’s equivalent of whatever size you needed, and then whoever owned that **** gave this little girl authority to pick random people to go in the store ahead of you and take your size you wouldn’t feel no type of way??

I wasn’t there so im not exactly sure on the details so I can’t say with conviction what she did was dirty, but I don’t care who Nike says the release is for anyone is entitled to it.

True definition of sneaker culture that old sneakerheads talking about...

Weren’t you making fun of people for wanting these “women’s sneakers?” But you still went for them and won. So what are you doing with you pair, reselling them?

That's bad logic. The women are just as bad as the men.

I find this release funny as hell. I didn’t want these or expect to get them nor did I do any legwork. I have 3 pairs of breds, a pair of Chicago’s, 2 pairs of bred toes, bred AJKOS and Sports illustrated 1s it’s safe to say I don’t need any1 near this color. Yet I get the reminder on J23 and enter anyway. I went about my business and got a text saying order confirmed. Can’t believe I hit on a drawing with Nike but then again I always end up with the pair I don’t want like the trav 4s. I’m def going to sell these to finance something I really want, like another Electric Skateboard.

Weren’t you making fun of people for wanting these “women’s sneakers?” But you still went for them and won. So what are you doing with you pair, reselling them?
Pointing out what many old timer dont like. Has nothing to do with what i do.

Clearly this was a resell release. Everyone knew this

Barely anything that comes out is worth flipping and it’s black and red og colorway with a limited numbers and gimmick.

Money money money money.

Also the demographics of NT and sneaker culture has changed. Its more driven by a social media youth, which telling people in as much detail as possible what you are doing and how much u made for e cred.

Old NT days. Someone will say hey I got 4 pairs. Usually we assume u flipping or whatever but no one ever made it like hey i made 1500 today. And I’m paying for my trip with sneaker money look at me I’m I cool guys.

I mean it’s cool to cook and get urs but to broadcast u think ur gaining clout........

But u seem like u thirsty.

I don’t even take pics of shoes I plan to flip.
Again social media culture flick and ship

Last edited:
Ok I went to Villa at MOA. The guy says we're sold out. JD sports got 40 pairs but they opened at 9am.I'm like it's over, pissed grumbling etc. On our way out I see that JD is closed and there are about 10-15 folks outside mostly hypebeasts. I ask one of the guys, how long you been waiting, he said 30 minutes. Then the manager comes over to the gate/door lofts it a quartet of the way and let's an employee in. After that he lefts it all the way up. So I blow past him with the wife and Gkids in tow and take the shortcut to the counter. Maybe 3 guys ahead of me. They made us separate credit cards/ forms of payment. I buy the 5th pair since they lifted and he yells we're sold out. What??
I'm a big fella and somebody caught a bow trying to nudge me when the gate lifted. I hope they aight.

I'm gonna have to agree with guccishades on this one cause anybody has the right to buy the shoe, especially if they were camped out. Saying that females had the right to eat cause it was a female release leads to some pretty dumb logic. Imagine if at a fcfs release for some nike sbs the skateshop owner comes out and starts choosing only skaters throughout the line to buy the shoes, even though the first twenty people in line were just regular sneakerheads and camped out. People would freak out and try and get the shop's nike account cancelled most likely. I really don't think it should have been any different than usual with this release.

Back
Top Bottom