Air Jordan 1 High "Satin Black Toe" - August 17th

So you’re saying if you camped there since yesterday morning number one to get the men’s equivalent of whatever size you needed, and then whoever owned that **** gave this little girl authority to pick random people to go in the store ahead of you and take your size you wouldn’t feel no type of way??

I wasn’t there so im not exactly sure on the details so I can’t say with conviction what she did was dirty, but I don’t care who Nike says the release is for anyone is entitled to it.

I wouldn't camp out for any shoe and especially not one for women. So, I'm not mad at women getting women's shoes. A grown crying over not getting women's shoes is a sad thing. A grown man camping out for women's shoes is a sad thing. Now maybe one of the dudes camping out is buying a shoe for a loved one but if you're a dude camping out for a woman's shoe, odds are you're just trying to resell.

I'm seeing false equivalencies here. "What if only White people could buy the shoe, what if only skaters could buy the shoe, what if..." This is a shoe for women. This isn't a White only shoe, a skater only shoe, a Klingon only shoe. This is a shoe for women. The caveat is that the colorway is legendary and that's where the hype comes from. But as men, we get so many damned shoes, so many colorways, everything is for us. And we have now reached the point where women finally get some fly ****, and we want that **** too even though we get it all anyway. Women should be able to cop their own shoes without a bunch of dudes hogging up all the pairs for resell. And any grown man camping out for women's shoes for resell needs help.

Last edited:
Ok I went to Villa at MOA. The guy says we're sold out. JD sports got 40 pairs but they opened at 9am.I'm like it's over, pissed grumbling etc. On our way out I see that JD is closed and there are about 10-15 folks outside mostly hypebeasts. I ask one of the guys, how long you been waiting, he said 30 minutes. Then the manager comes over to the gate/door lofts it a quartet of the way and let's an employee in. After that he lefts it all the way up. So I blow past him with the wife and Gkids in tow and take the shortcut to the counter. Maybe 3 guys ahead of me. They made us separate credit cards/ forms of payment. I buy the 5th pair since they lifted and he yells we're sold out. What??
I'm a big fella and somebody caught a bow trying to nudge me when the gate lifted. I hope they aight.
You skipped the line? :lol:

I wouldn't camp out for any shoe and especially not one for women. So, I'm not mad at women getting women's shoes. A grown crying over not getting women's shoes is a sad thing. A grown man camping out for women's shoes is a sad thing. Now maybe one of the dudes camping out is buying a shoe for a loved one but if you're a dude camping out for a woman's shoe, odds are you're just trying to resell.

I'm seeing false equivalencies here. "What if only White people could buy the shoe, what if only skaters could buy the shoe, what if..." This is a shoe for women. This isn't a White only shoe, a skater only shoe, a Klingon only shoe. This is a shoe for women. The caveat is that the colorway is legendary and that's where the hype comes from. But as men, we get so many damned shoes, so many colorways, everything is for us. And we have now reached the point where women finally get some fly ****, and we want that **** too even though we get it all anyway. Women should be able to cop their own shoes without a bunch of dudes hogging up all the pairs for resell. And any grown man camping out for women's shoes for resell needs help.
It’s not a false equivalency, it’s literally what happened. That’s discrimination whether you’re willing to admit it or not. I got the adidas wood wood ultra boost and technically they’re “women’s” sneaker so I got a women’s 14. I’ll be damned if anyone tells me I shouldn’t get them or get skipped by someone cuz adidas labeled em as female sneakers

Amount of dudes waiting at Parks for unclaimed pairs was absurd. I never see that kinda lineup at Town East.

Couldn't take two steps outta there without getting offers from everyone. Honestly prefer not to go to that mall.

Amount of dudes waiting at Parks for unclaimed pairs was absurd. I never see that kinda lineup at Town East.

Couldn't take two steps outta there without getting offers from everyone. Honestly prefer not to go to that mall.
I was first for leftovers at a footlocker and they had 0 :smh:

I'm gonna have to agree with guccishades on this one cause anybody has the right to buy the shoe, especially if they were camped out. Saying that females had the right to eat cause it was a female release leads to some pretty dumb logic. Imagine if at a fcfs release for some nike sbs the skateshop owner comes out and starts choosing only skaters throughout the line to buy the shoes, even though the first twenty people in line were just regular sneakerheads and camped out. People would freak out and try and get the shop's nike account cancelled most likely. I really don't think it should have been any different than usual with this release.

Some skate shops do that tho

It’s not a false equivalency, it’s literally what happened. That’s discrimination whether you’re willing to admit it or not. I got the adidas wood wood ultra boost and technically they’re “women’s” sneaker so I got a women’s 14. I’ll be damned if anyone tells me I shouldn’t get them or get skipped by someone cuz adidas labeled em as female sneakers

It’s absolutely a false equivalency. Women have historically been grossly underserved by sneaker companies. White people have not. Most great sneakers haven’t been offered in BAE sizes. When they have, as GS, the quality is lower. Women have literally been excluded or given an inferior product for decades now.

So now that Nike is trying to make up for this by creating a few (very very few) decent shoes for women, if stores want to give PRIORITY to women for these specific shoes then I say good for them.

You’ve never been treated as a second class citizen by a sneaker company so you don’t understand or empathize. Try and not think selfishly for once in your life.

Agree to disagree

It’s absolutely a false equivalency. Women have historically been grossly underserved by sneaker companies. White people have not. Most great sneakers haven’t been offered in BAE sizes. When they have, as GS, the quality is lower. Women have literally been excluded or given an inferior product for decades now.

So now that Nike is trying to make up for this by creating a few (very very few) decent shoes for women, if stores want to give PRIORITY to women for these specific shoes then I say good for them.

You’ve never been treated as a second class citizen by a sneaker company so you don’t understand or empathize. Try and not think selfishly for once in your life.

I have been treated like a second class citizens

Let me count they ways

1 they need to have a big sizes only release.
2 they need to do more snkrs passes in more cities not just ny,chi,la
3 mca’s should be released as a GR

I’ve definitely been treated like a second class citizen by people within a sneaker company don’t make assumptions.

20190817_203824.jpg
Got my size 12s in hand. Got me thinking what I can use these to trade for. Wish they were a 11 or a 11.5. Hopefully my snkrs pair comes through. They are actually real nice. Now onto the UNCs..

I see a problem with ppl actually starting to camp that early so it’s kind of funny that happened. I live in Queens and that area in terms of releases and resellers is ridiculous. So I know they camped an insane amount of hours. I have to laugh because I don’t see the problem with women being the ones to be able to cop first.

They did that a couple places for the satin SBBs. My friend at work got her daughter a pair of satin SBBs that way. She told me dudes were calling up every women they knew to cop for them. I don’t feel any shoe should resell for this much in the first place.

I see a problem with ppl actually starting to camp that early so it’s kind of funny that happened. I live in Queens and that area in terms of releases and resellers is ridiculous. So I know they camped an insane amount of hours. I have to laugh because I don’t see the problem with women being the ones to be able to cop first.

They did that a couple places for the satin SBBs. My friend at work got her daughter a pair of satin SBBs that way. She told me dudes were calling up every women they knew to cop for them. I don’t feel any shoe should resell for this much in the first place.
It bought out the VULTURES

I was there at 1015am and the line was already 25 deep lol

That line had to have been at least 40 plus deep when I picked up my pair shortly after 1. Crazy they were all standing there for “potential” leftovers. Think I saw maybe 5 unclaimed pairs when I picked up mine.

That line had to have been at least 40 plus deep when I picked up my pair shortly after 1. Crazy they were all standing there for “potential” leftovers. Think I saw maybe 5 unclaimed pairs when I picked up mine.
Be happy you didn’t win at cedar hill. They told their customers “the shipment didn’t come in yet” lol

Back
Top Bottom