Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

StockX has sold fakes? If so then I guess having a 3rd verification party still isn’t full proof. I’ve bought 3 pairs of shoes so far on there though and haven’t had any issues yet.

That $1 bid and undercut is so stupid.
I hate that StockX exists, but I don’t agree with this reason. Seems like it makes a more efficient market in terms of pricing by allowing you to pick whatever price you want, particular given that most items are in the $50-$500 price range.

I hate that StockX exists, but I don’t agree with this reason. Seems like it makes a more efficient market in terms of pricing by allowing you to pick whatever price you want, particular given that most items are in the $50-$500 price range.
Love that stockx exist. Or how else would you acquire limited shoes without getting raped by scumbag reseller s.

Why? It allows competition.

Are you implying that having minimum bids does not allow competition? Enforcing a minimum bid helps buyers and sellers. Gets rid of the lame $1 out-bidders and helps sellers reach their asking price quicker.

Are you implying that having minimum bids does not allow competition? Enforcing a minimum bid helps buyers and sellers. Gets rid of the lame $1 out-bidders and helps sellers reach their asking price quicker.

The bid is the maximum you want to pay not minimum. Ask price puts downward pressure on the price while the bid puts upward pressure. It resembles the stock market.

The bid is the maximum you want to pay not minimum. Ask price puts downward pressure on the price while the bid puts upward pressure. It resembles the stock market.

Minimum bid as in the increments you can increase your bid by - not a minimum Ask.
And StockX is more of an auction than the stock market. Don't get fooled by the name and marketing :lol:

And if you've ever participated in an auction, there is most likely a minimum bid indicated for the items they're auctioning off. They're not going to allow you to outbid people by $1 dollar every single time.

Minimum bid as in the increments you can increase your bid by - not a minimum Ask.
And StockX is more of an auction than the stock market. Don't get fooled by the name and marketing :lol:

And if you've ever participated in an auction, there is most likely a minimum bid indicated for the items they're auctioning off. They're not going to allow you to outbid people by $1 dollar every single time.

Huh? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but, either way, the ask price is the least you'll take. The bid is the most you want to pay. It's the same way when you buy and sell stocks. If you're selling you throw up an ask price or the least you'll take for your shares (unless you're doing a market sell or another variation) and if you're buying you submit a bid or maximum you want to pay per share (unless doing a market buy, etc).

Auctions have a duration like eBay...

GOAT has sent fakes . A lot of YouTube vids on it

To say, "it's impossible for goat or stockx to authenticate fakes" is a false statement. Unfortunately, they're definitely both going to allow fakes through at one point.

GOAT has sent fakes . A lot of YouTube vids on it
how many actually proven tho?

plenty cried wolf but when asked to provide emails or order confirmations they went ghost

other guy who went far enough to post fake screen shots got ousted by goat saying no one from the state the "buyer" was from even ordered the shoes.

how many actually proven tho?

plenty cried wolf but when asked to provide emails or order confirmations they went ghost

other guy who went far enough to post fake screen shots got ousted by goat saying no one from the state the "buyer" was from even ordered the shoes.

Not to mention claiming fakes from goat or stockx is a easy way to rack up youtube hits. Use common sense too.

Back
Top Bottom