Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

im gonna get bashed but fragment 1 is quite possibly the most overrated collab/colorway of all time :lol: i remember having this discussion with a few friends and 4/5 agreed frags is the GOAT and the best answer they could come up with is that it’s rare. the colors arent even that creative.smh:smh:

unions should supplant those frags, tbh.

I personally only own the the BT Unions, and not really a fan of the OW 1s, but I feel like the Unions will age/last a lot longer, and will overall be more aesthetically pleasing going forward. The look of the Unions is that of two completely finished shoes (BT PE & Neutral Gray or Storm Blue & Blk/Red depending on the colorway) stitched together, a UN/LA tag attached, and with some ageing added. The details on the OW 1s like writing all over the side panels, midsole, and laces, zip ties hanging off the shoes, tongue tags stitched to the side of the tongue, the muslin overlay around the heel, almost like interior of the shoe materials, and oversized stitched on swoosh, while different for sure and make the OW 1s stand out a bit more IMO, I don't think all those details have the same longevity of the Unions. IMO, the comparatively simple nature of the Unions will age way better in terms of being worn, and IMO they're more wearable/versatile visually going forward. I definitely think the OW 1s will turn more heads by virtue of having so much going on, whereas I've personally experienced people not totally noticing my Unions until they take a more detailed look, but I don't think that makes the OWs superior.

The Fragments collab comes up like clockwork :lol:

Yeah, it really isn't that special of a collab. People like to talk about the shape and material all the time, but that doesn't make it a good collab. A good collab adds other elements to the shoe that makes it look unique from the originals and I don't feel like the Fragments did that. Fragments are pretty much just another Jordan 1 colorway that looks like a general release. Only sneakerheads will understand that it's a collab.

of course the one riding Union BT's coattails are gonna say its the best collab of all time, especially if he thinks Union BT's might be GOAT 1's. Personally, I think Nike has tons of great collabs (even if you wanna talk 1 shoe vs 1 shoe, rather than entire collab's body of work vs another). Its hard for me to say the Union 1's are the best collab tho, and certainly not the Goat 1's

The fact that most say at least top 10 says a lot though, can’t wait to skim thru this thread fall time:lol:

Yeah, it's hard not to be a prisoner of the moment sometimes. I won't say these are GOAT collab or AJ1 or anything, but I am very confident that they're absolutely future classics. They were just very well done, from the materials, to the concept, to the execution of said concept, to even the release.

skala skala What are you predicting?

The Fragments collab comes up like clockwork :lol:

Yeah, it really isn't that special of a collab. People like to talk about the shape and material all the time, but that doesn't make it a good collab. A good collab adds other elements to the shoe that makes it look unique from the originals and I don't feel like the Fragments did that. Fragments are pretty much just another Jordan 1 colorway that looks like a general release. Only sneakerheads will understand that it's a collab.
A Black Toe w/ black tongue 1, but with royal blue instead of the usual red, is definitely dope IMO. But I'm with you. Other than the supposedly superior materials, and the Fragment logo, I've always viewed them more as a dope colorway as opposed to a dope collab. With the way JB is spitting out "colored-toe" colorways currently, I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future they start dropping black toe w/ black tongue type pairs, and we ultimately see these (minus the logo and quality of course).

DCAD61D8-0E98-42C4-8C4D-005D5E913B3D.jpeg

Wore the Storm Blues today, i really love how all the colors compliment each other.

Was trying to buy bt from stockx but couldn't log in with multiple accounts so ordered from goat.
Anyone else have that problem?

Back
Top Bottom