Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Yea the black toes are a thing of beauty, wore my pair today. I'm still about even when it comes to preference on both pairs even tho I do think rocking the black toes is much easier.

20200609_124229.jpg

ok, so im bout to do a meet up for storm unions. can yall tell me what to look for? ima post some pics in here when i meet up. I've never seen a pair in person so ima need yalls halp!

ok, so im bout to do a meet up for storm unions. can yall tell me what to look for? ima post some pics in here when i meet up. I've never seen a pair in person so ima need yalls halp!

the wings logo, the swoosh, the paper is different as well I just forgot what the difference was. All around you need to be very careful because these got really good variant wise a few months ago. Also that stitching around the collar area looks janky on the fakes

One of the first tells is the zigzag stitching. Where the collar meets the white panel, the stitching should get a little tighter than the rest of the areas. It should NOT be constant spacing throughout the zigzag.

Then, I check the top of the Wings logo. It has to hit at or slightly above the stitching.

Next, I look at how the Swoosh is positioned to the lacing panel. I don't know how to describe it in words, but check out authentic side views. It should be close, but a certain distance from it.

Keychain frosted area should be opaque.

My pair is a size 8 grabbed from union if you need legit checked.
yea bro could you post pics. i would greatly appreciate it. i mighta got got. this is the same size, but not the same box in the pic. i mighta gotten baited and switched. i told him this and he hasn't responded. ima put hands on dude. i met him at his apt. i told him don't act surprised when he see me cause im pulling up. i haven't gotten got since '13 royals. and it's always a meet up. it be the slightest details i mighta overlooked. im heated right now. all my fault of course. i appreciate everyone's help.

Last edited:
then another dude tried to get me today on some OW UNCs. I'm done. i gotta stick to what i know on the meet up tip, not high dollars kicks i never laid eyes on. expensive lesson, but his will cost a bit more.

Last edited:
i unlaced them to investigate the interior more. as i took the side by side front pic (last pic), i noticed the sloppy stitching on the tongue...

20200611_165418.jpg
20200611_165400.jpg
20200611_165343.jpg
20200611_165323.jpg
20200611_165215.jpg
20200611_165144.jpg

:smh::smh:

I just looked at my two pairs, and the sloppy stitching on the tongue happens even on authentic pairs. Having said that though, I think he did bait-and-switch you, sorry to say. The zigzag stitching is irregular on your pair, just like the authentics, but the execution is a little sloppy. The biggest tell for me in your pictures is the cut of the toe rand. It should be a smooth arc/curve. From the angle of the picture you took, the cut and stitching there looks messy.

At quick glance, swoosh shape, red leather texture, back tab stitching, UN/LA, outsole texture in the middle part, and toe perforations look off.

Get your money back.

Edit: For reference, tried to recreate your pics. I purchased this pair from Union.

IMG_20200611_165154.jpg
IMG_20200611_165204.jpg
IMG_20200611_165220.jpg
IMG_20200611_165304.jpg
IMG_20200611_165336.jpg
IMG_20200611_165406.jpg

Last edited:
that's what i figured. thanks yall. i been messaging dude for a couple days. i been away from NT for a while so my sneaker brain isn't as sharp. the moment i started messaging him, i shoulda posted pics. not on the fly as im buying. its cool tho. he will regret this day. on everything.

Yeah I just looked at the pictures there def. a higher grade replica. Stitching around the front toe box is janky it’s not clean and the leather is trying way too hard to be the union leather. Swoosh looks a tad bit too small as well, this sucks bro. Sorry man.

that's what i figured. thanks yall. i been messaging dude for a couple days. i been away from NT for a while so my sneaker brain isn't as sharp. the moment i started messaging him, i shoulda posted pics. not on the fly as im buying. its cool tho. he will regret this day. on everything.

sorry to hear fam. How much did he get you for ?

Back
Top Bottom