Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

51503782-0617-4E29-A8B0-7BBD67F3F1F7.jpeg
47FAABC9-7116-4A85-8E77-91250C672CD3.jpeg

The ~Bbs~ in the heel makes me think this is more a Bephies Beauty Supply led design than some of the previous collabs…Going to guess that the weave running through the shoe is supposed to represent a braid or something 🤷‍♂️

They should’ve just stuck with the original theme and mashed up a couple OG colorways…Going to be a game time decision at this point but tentatively in…

~EDIT~ So apparently it’s definitely tied in with Bephies…Going to go out on a limb and say it’ll be a “women’s sizing” release…

Last edited:
To be real, even their first gimmick with the mix match OG uppers weren’t that great. They were just limited and an air Jordan 1 and shot up in price. The 4s they did didn’t grab me originally but I grew to like the purple and moss colorway to cop. Everything else they’ve done has been pretty meh in my eyes. Enjoy through. These will be hyped to high water

I love 1s. I love woven footscapes. I hate these unions.

2pacalypsenow 2pacalypsenow early-mid 2000s saw a lot of weird nikes like that. I think the first footscape woven dropped in 2005 or 2006. There was an OG footscape sole (from the 1996 runner) with a fully woven upper, and then the low top that we're used to seeing now. The HTM triage was a big fan of those weird nike silhouettes (including the creation of the 2002 air woven) and brought the first woven upper to a footscape sole. Around 2011 or 12, they changed the sole on footscapes to a "motion" sole borrowing from nike Free technology and also started making mid top chukkas. The nike considered line also used a similar kind of weave pattern on a few shoes in the late 2000s.

I don't know who the actual designer of the footscape woven is or what the direct inspiration is. If someone does please fill me in.

Back
Top Bottom