Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

CDP vs 2019.

Man what 11 years can do.
Here is the thing with those 2008 CDPs, they were the first reissue since 01. In 08, people then started getting into this "sneaker game" and of course through reputation they wanted them. I did too honestly. Not because I was some TREND SNEAKER LIKER, but because its the first chance to get a pair I wanted soo much as a kid. In retrospect, yeah they were/are terrible. Like the 09 Jams, like the 11 Cords, like the 12 Black reds. They were all all terrible in RETROSPECT. But alot seem to forget how much they really wanted those back then not knowing or thinking they would finally make them correctly down the road. I caved on the Jam, and the Concord. Passed on the Black red because they sucked. Had zero desire for the 2012 pair. But the CDP pair was highly wanted by many because we all wanted what several of us maybe couldnt get in 01 or 96. Looking at old pics of old releases reminds me of all of us looking at ourselves during certain times in old pics. We laugh and say "what were we thinking" then move on. The same with older releases.

Here is the thing with those 2008 CDPs, they were the first reissue since 01. In 08, people then started getting into this "sneaker game" and of course through reputation they wanted them. I did too honestly. Not because I was some TREND SNEAKER LIKER, but because its the first chance to get a pair I wanted soo much as a kid. In retrospect, yeah they were/are terrible. Like the 09 Jams, like the 11 Cords, like the 12 Black reds. They were all all terrible in RETROSPECT. But alot seem to forget how much they really wanted those back then not knowing or thinking they would finally make them correctly down the road. I caved on the Jam, and the Concord. Passed on the Black red because they sucked. Had zero desire for the 2012 pair. But the CDP pair was highly wanted by many because we all wanted what several of us maybe couldnt get in 01 or 96. Looking at old pics of old releases reminds me of all of us looking at ourselves during certain times in old pics. We laugh and say "what were we thinking" then move on. The same with older releases.
I hear you, but that CDP release was extraordinarily awful. Definitely the worst XI of all time.... possibly the worst retro period of all time. Admittedly I caved and bought the Jams, CG, and Concords from that era but those 2008 ‘s were just unforgivable. I had to pass. I haven’t had a new pair of playoffs since 2001 and I’m really looking forward to these. My 01’s are snug and separating. Looking forward to retiring them for good.

I hear you, but that CDP release was extraordinarily awful. Definitely the worst XI of all time.... possibly the worst retro period of all time. Admittedly I caved and bought the Jams, CG, and Concords from that era but those 2008 ‘s were just unforgivable. I had to pass. I haven’t had a new pair of playoffs since 2001 and I’m really looking forward to these. My 01’s are snug and separating. Looking forward to retiring them for good.

I agree 100%, Boo_Radley_ Boo_Radley_ . You can't forget about this absolute trash *** retro.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cement-2012-Product.jpg

This years release wasn't that much better, IMHO.

|l

I’ll never forget my cousin getting those CDP 4’s for his birthday and the paint cracking after the 3rd wear

Actually, those are a pic of the 2012 release. The 2008's (CDP) were bad, but they're slightly better because they had durabuck uppers. That made them lighter, and more comfortable on your feet. The nubuck upper on the 2012's, was very, very stiff. Also, the comfort was damn near nonexistent.

One thing I don’t like about these “shoe tubers” is that some of them are wayyy to positive about everything. They act like they owe Jordan brand something and not the other way around. They act as if they’re grateful for anything they drop like they’re lucky to be getting it. “Yeah the toebox is square but you know it’s not gonna be like the originals”. that drives me insane! Part of the reason they can’t get shoes right. Everybody with this I’ll take anything attitude.

00 Concords and 11/12 CDP skipped every other drop one while on a Kobe binge. Early hypebeast era pushed me out of even wanting a retro really until seeing these Breds. Did jump on a few I.Es but dont consider them in the same retro 11 group.

Last edited:
One thing I don’t like about these “shoe tubers” is that some of them are wayyy to positive about everything. They act like they owe Jordan brand something and not the other way around. They act as if they’re grateful for anything they drop like they’re lucky to be getting it. “Yeah the toebox is square but you know it’s not gonna be like the originals”. that drives me insane! Part of the reason they can’t get shoes right. Everybody with this I’ll take anything attitude.
Youtubers are trying to get that sponsorship deal most are gonna bow down and thank JB for every sneaker that comes out so eventually they get a deal and start getting free sneakers at their door

You right. I hate seeing folks act like they weren't buying them back then. Unless you're a youngin maybe you weren't. But the rest of us? Yeah we bought them back then.

I still have the CDP, '09 Jam, and '10 Cool Gray lol. Granted I've also bought the '16 Jam, '18 Concord, and now '19 Playoff.

I entered the raffle for finishline, see what happens.
I just want them in hand on RD.

I disagree

I hate when people are overly negative for something that's a hobby and JB doesn't owe us anything. We have a choice, simply don't buy.

Anything you do as a hobby you should enjoy. If you don't, you need to find something else.

And I'm not watching videos of people complaining, nitpicking and criticizing.

Nike/Jordan brand will never drop the perfect pair because then you wouldn’t need to buy another pair in the future.

Back
Top Bottom