Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Lol... "I don't mean to thread hijack but here are some pictures of a shoe completely unrelated to the thread I'm posting in when there's a specific place made just for what I need help with okthanx"

How do you keep the white so clean? I imagine getting stepped on will stain it bad
Nothing so far honestly.

People say a lot of crap about these for balling but unless you’ve tried it you won’t know. These are built different from last years 11s and yes it’s real patent leather just a thinner cut compared to the OGs, the leather is soft, the patent gets nice and soft with wear and the full length air and traction are all amazing. Great ball shoe then and now.

He has an entire stock room of them he better be playing in a pair :lol:
This is true!! Lol
B5C37845-7895-42E4-B048-99AA391CE8F5.jpeg

Nothing so far honestly.

People say a lot of crap about these for balling but unless you’ve tried it you won’t know. These are built different from last years 11s and yes it’s real patent leather just a thinner cut compared to the OGs, the leather is soft, the patent gets nice and soft with wear and the full length air and traction are all amazing. Great ball shoe then and now.

I only got one pair but I plan to play basketball in mine, I feel like I'd enjoy it more to play ball than I would going out

And here I was feeling a little guilty about my 3 pairs sheesh

I have three, too. And going to grab another one soon. I feel zero guilt when it comes to a stockpile of concords. I'd buy 10, too, if I could conceive of a situation where I'd ever go through that many before they come back around. But I think four should do it :lol:

But ya, no justifying it really. A lot of pairs just got offered up honestly, 2 pairs I got 20 percent off on NDC. Lol

Because for me no other shoe means as much as these and this is the first time we’ve received a true to form retro.

I’ll probably go through a couple by balling in them and the rest I’ll wear/just keep. What’s crazy is I sold 4 2011 pairs to be able to purchase all of these 2018 pairs lol.

I aint even mad I felt the same about the 2000 retro. I didn't have quite as many lol about half of that but its all I wanted to play in and I did up until my freshman year in college and they fell apart. But DMP's came out shortly after.

This is true!! Lol
B5C37845-7895-42E4-B048-99AA391CE8F5.jpeg
They are truly a great shoe to ball in for those of us who like support and stability. I play in every pair of my XI mid, including the W L 82. The ankle support is there, lock down and traction top notch, plus they are durable especially if you only play indoors. My faves are the 72/10's. Kyrie's shoes feel like the retro's do for me as well. I like the 4. Not too much bounce, lots of stability. I can really bear down, then make power moves to the hoop and explode without the foot sliding off of the foot bed like with KD's shoes. Those are atrocious in regard to lock down and stability. I guess when someone finds the type of shoe that works for them, one should stick with that sort of shoe. The XI is that shoe for me. I have friends who buy several pairs of the same running shoes because they love them so much, so I get it.

Do 11s really compare in performance on court than modern basketball shoes or are you guys primarily wearing them for the look? (or are you guys retrofitting then with custom insoles and cushioning like a lot of NBA players do?)

I keep seeing those off white/red 11's searching for restocks. The more I see them the less I want them and I was indifferent to them to start.

Do 11s really compare in performance on court than modern basketball shoes or are you guys primarily wearing them for the look? (or are you guys retrofitting then with custom insoles and cushioning like a lot of NBA players do?)

I am not one who'll fall for the narrative of custom insoles and such, nor the modern basketball shoe comparison. Just find the shoe that works for you and then fits you and your game. Kyrie's 4 works for me, as does the Jordan XI and the LeBron 3, along with the LBJ 16. I like good, solidly built shoes like those from back in the day. They are very comfortable for me, but comfort levels are subjective to each and every individual. Lock down and stability after comfort, are imperative.

I always find it funny to see people who have a difficult time wrapping their mind around hooping in Bulls era Jordans :lol:

Because for me no other shoe means as much as these and this is the first time we’ve received a true to form retro.

I’ll probably go through a couple by balling in them and the rest I’ll wear/just keep. What’s crazy is I sold 4 2011 pairs to be able to purchase all of these 2018 pairs lol.

I wouldn’t even ball in them. Well maybe 1 pair. :lol:

Wear 3 in rotation and ice the other pairs.

Nonetheless salute sir. I thought me aiming for 3 pairs was crazy. :lol: :pimp:

They hold their own against shoes today but I am primarily wearing them because I want to be like Mike. Also because these shoes easily fit an ankle brace

Lock down and stability after comfort, are imperative.

What about traction and breathability though? Some older models have amazing traction (AJ 1s) but breathability seems to benefit from newer materials. You have a point about structure and stability though-Posite based materials aren’t breathable at all but provide a lot of it. Maybe a lot of this simply depends on the player type and what position they play?

Back
Top Bottom