Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

Space Jams all day for me.

Still haven't worn these Cap and Gowns. Might be a good week to break them out.

I had both the space jams and cap & gowns too. I dumped the space jams. Reason: 45
I'm an OG sneaker guy and the 45 ruins it for me. The 23 symbol is one of the most important parts of the 11s.

I said Caps and Gowns because its unique. The black midsole is pretty rare when it comes to the 11. Only 2 pairs now have ever had that black midsole.

Terrible logic, 45 is as OG as it gets. The man himself’s pairs had 45s on them

45 was worn as a default only for a tiny fraction of his career, 22 games. How is it not logical to want to own the 11s as they were originally produced for the public? I know someone who met Jordan and Jordan said he hates the 45. He thought he had terrible luck with that number. He has been quoted saying so: "When I came back, I thought 45 was perfect because I did have an association with the number," Jordan said. "Bad luck. It didn't take long for me to change back to 23. It was part of me, but not in the professional basketball environment."

OG enough for you???

45 was worn as a default only for a tiny fraction of his career, 22 games. How is it not logical to want to own the 11s as they were originally produced for the public? I know someone who met Jordan and Jordan said he hates the 45. He thought he had terrible luck with that number. He has been quoted saying so: "When I came back, I thought 45 was perfect because I did have an association with the number," Jordan said. "Bad luck. It didn't take long for me to change back to 23. It was part of me, but not in the professional basketball environment."

OG enough for you???

nah, cuz if we're talking OG's, da 45 is ripped right off his feet and into mass production...

if he wore the 45 first, then 45 is the true OG. thats how i see it. thats if youre basing it on being the true original that came first. OG = original colorway. if the very first colorway had 45, then its the OG. logic.

but if youre going by how long/much he wore em, then sure, 23 is OG. even tho i dont think that makes sense. cause youre saying the 45 was the first one he wore, then he changed to 23, so 23 is original......wut?

but.....if a player starts his career in the NBA and only plays for his first team, TEAM A, for say a few weeks and moves onto another team, TEAM B for the majority of his career, is TEAM B his orginal team??? team A doesnt count cause he didnt like em and played with em only for a tiny bit before moving onto a more permanent team?

i think yall mean to say that the 23 is way more iconic than the 45. but being iconic and being the OG is 2 diff things.

Last edited:
if he wore the 45 first, then 45 is the true OG. thats how i see it. thats if youre basing it on being the true original that came first. OG = original colorway. if the very first colorway had 45, then its the OG. logic.

but if youre going by how long/much he wore em, then sure, 23 is OG. even tho i dont think that makes sense. cause youre saying the 45 was the first one he wore, then he changed to 23, so 23 is original......wut?

but.....if a player starts his career in the NBA and only plays for his first team, TEAM A, for say a few weeks and moves onto another team, TEAM B for the majority of his career, is TEAM B his orginal team??? team A doesnt count cause he didnt like em and played with em only for a tiny bit before moving onto a more permanent team?

i think yall mean to say that the 23 is way more iconic than the 45. but being iconic and being the OG is 2 diff things.

What I mean is 23 is his original nba number, and the 23 is what was on the first 11s released to the public. Also, I think the 23 looks way better, and Jordan himself doesn't like the 45. I see your point also though. If you want the first 11s that he wore in 22 games, then you can have your 45. For me, 23 is a big factor.

Jams!!!
IMG_20180824_205015351_LL~2.jpg

OG enough for you???
huh?...

He wore 45 in high school. It was his 1st & favorite number then & Always. When his father passed away he turned to baseball as it was always his father true dream for him to be a professional baseball player, not a basketball player. So he wore 45 as it was his favorite number that he wore before his father playing the sport his father loved. When he came back he kept the #45 because he was obsessed with it. It was linked to his childhood & his father then & forever.

Problem was Jordan was massively superstitious, im talking repeated rituals & habits superstitious & his first run of games back wasn't so good & so as much as it pained him, he decided to try going back to 23 & he decided to kept it as he got better.

I remember growing up he always said 45 was & always will be his favorite number as its what started his life in sports & held a personal feeling, connection, and link to his father.

huh?...

He wore 45 in high school. It was his 1st & favorite number then & Always. When his father passed away he turned to baseball as it was always his father true dream for him to be a professional baseball player, not a basketball player. So he wore 45 as it was his favorite number that he wore before his father playing the sport his father loved. When he came back he kept the #45 because he was obsessed with it. It was linked to his childhood & his father then & forever.

Problem was Jordan was massively superstitious, im talking repeated rituals & habits superstitious & his first run of games back wasn't so good & so as much as it pained him, he decided to try going back to 23 & he decided to kept it as he got better.

I remember growing up he always said 45 was & always will be his favorite number as its what started his life in sports & held a personal feeling, connection, and link to his father.

He was straight up quoted saying 45 is bad luck for professional basketball. It's weird that so many people are denying the fact that 23 is his primary number. I'm not gonna argue about it. I just know he will always be known to be number 23. When guys wear a number as an homage to Jordan, they don't wear 45. Anyway, Nike and Jordan brand have obviously been successful at selling products to all of you with the 45 on it. Congrats to them for a good job on that. I may be in the minority in preferring 23, but that's just from growing up in the 80's. I saw him play in person and he was wearing a 23.

Reactions: ARK
I don't mind being the minority. I just really like the 23 better and I don't want a 45 shoe in my collection. Just a personal opinion guys. I'm not saying everyone should want the same. I get that the space jam is more essential in a lot of ways. Enjoy your 45s. Have a great weekend.

I don't mind being the minority. I just really like the 23 better and I don't want a 45 shoe in my collection. Just a personal opinion guys. I'm not saying everyone should want the same. I get that the space jam is more essential in a lot of ways. Enjoy your 45s. Have a great weekend.

Im a 23 guy myself.

He was straight up quoted saying 45 is bad luck for professional basketball. It's weird that so many people are denying the fact that 23 is his primary number. I'm not gonna argue about it. I just know he will always be known to be number 23. When guys wear a number as an homage to Jordan, they don't wear 45. Anyway, Nike and Jordan brand have obviously been successful at selling products to all of you with the 45 on it. Congrats to them for a good job on that. I may be in the minority in preferring 23, but that's just from growing up in the 80's. I saw him play in person and he was wearing a 23.
I hear you. But I was responding to you saying he "hated" the #45 which just isn't true. You took his quotes out of context which is understandable. Going back to 23 out of superstition does not mean he hated the #45. The significance of the number means more to him than basketball. Saying he hates the number just isn't a true statement, thats all im saying.

I too am from the 80's. Born, raised, & still live in Chicago. I remember those games, we watched them together as a family both on tv & a handful of times in the Madhouse on Madison. I remeber those years, & all the local coverage of MJ's life. I don't know about you but here in Chicago the #45 means something. It's just what it is. It doesn't mean we like it better than 23, that's crazy. It just means we understand the significance. I don't think you'll find a Chicagoan from that era who doesn't have a soft spot & connection to that number. When we remember his comeback, we remeber the #45. We all had that jersey. This city was crazy about that number. It's just ingrained in our memory.

Btw, whose was denying that 23 is his primary number?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom