AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
These and the obsidians in the same year!!!
Feels like the good ol' days again!
If you really really want them, and your not down for the grind.
Go ahead and spend the extra money to get them early.
The old heads coming out for these. Dudes and chicks!

Originally Posted by trainspotter

Just pre-ordered them today from mom n pop. The quality is terrible on these. every pair I looked at in the store had stitching problems or had little stains and marks. The two 3 on the tongue had really bad stitching. I had doubts about whether I should cop or not until I got some unexpected money from an item I'm selling on craigslist. So it paid for itself. I copped a second pair just to flip because with this quality, Jordan should be paying us to buy his %*+%. I collect for nostalgia value because I was never able to afford the more expensive kicks and m not willing to pay over the top prices for og's or first run retros so this is it. I swear its the same factories that make the fakes that are making the official ones. It could just be that my spot got a bad batch cuz they are a super legit Nike account. From now on I'm only getting the holiday or special edition JB releases.

Damn that's unfortunate because most pics/videos I've seen, they look nice.
Oh and good luck with that.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

terx: DOPE pic, man!

For all those that were able to get 'em early, how do they fit?

TTS
pimp.gif

Anywhere in nyc to cop these early for close to retail
nerd.gif
...pm me if anyone knows any info! I'd rather spend a few extra bucks then deal with camping out or losing the ndc/eastbay lottery...

Originally Posted by trainspotter

Just pre-ordered them today from mom n pop. The quality is terrible on these. every pair I looked at in the store had stitching problems or had little stains and marks. The two 3 on the tongue had really bad stitching. I had doubts about whether I should cop or not until I got some unexpected money from an item I'm selling on craigslist. So it paid for itself. I copped a second pair just to flip because with this quality, Jordan should be paying us to buy his %*+%. I collect for nostalgia value because I was never able to afford the more expensive kicks and m not willing to pay over the top prices for og's or first run retros so this is it. I swear its the same factories that make the fakes that are making the official ones. It could just be that my spot got a bad batch cuz they are a super legit Nike account. From now on I'm only getting the holiday or special edition JB releases. 
LOL how you comment on the "bad quality" then drop the coin on a second pair, even if you are "flipping" them.  SMH

Like everyone else, this last week waiting is gonna kill me.  Hope to find somewhere I can order early soon if not 2nd option would be NDC/Eastbay but that usually fails me.  Will most likely be waiting early morning saturday so I can at least grab a pair

Just grabbed mine yesterday... They aren't TOO bad but the sides are pretty flat, I'd say they're similar 
to white and red 12s as far as quality goes. Not too bad, but not great either. Sorry for the terrible 

instagram pic.

Haven't heard TOO much hype in my area about them, so hopefully if I strike out online, I'll go wait in line at the mall. For the Cement IV's, Finish Line passed out tickets or something, something they never did before, so we'll see about this release. Glad we finally got the sizing.

For all those wondering...
GO A HALF SIZE DOWN!

& btw, when are we gonna get an official thread for these? Release is soon!

^^ So they don't fit the same as the Rising sun, White/red and CDP 12's that released recently (last few years)??? They all fit true to size.

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

^^ So they don't fit the same as the Rising sun, White/red and CDP 12's that released recently (last few years)??? They all fit true to size.

I need to know this info aswell.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

GO A HALF SIZE DOWN!

& btw, when are we gonna get an official thread for these? Release is soon!

They run big or somethin? You already picked em up bro?

When in doubt, stay true to size. If your spot doesn't allow you to try them on then there's always trades. I've always stuck with 11.5 in J's and I will continue to do so. Everyone's feet are different, though.

That pic has them looking gorgeous. When will those overseas sites start putting the online? Or any site for that matter?

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

GO A HALF SIZE DOWN!
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, I wouldn't go a EDIT: half-size down on these.  They are true to size. 
I've never once had to go a size down or up in all my years. 

the 2004 obsidian low XII's fit me fine at size 12 (if not a little big).  The 2009 white/red XII fit me a 1/2 size big at size 11.5 (played several games in them and had bad blisters due to my foot sliding around in the shoe, never happened with the 2004 low version).

I know my slightly narrow feet are not shrinking, so I wonder if a size 11 in the 2012 XII's would be mt best bet...

would be great is someone could compare the fit on the 2004, 2009, and 2012 XII retros.

and yes, I plan to ball these into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom