Air Jordan 17 Retro - possible qt3 2013 (now with pics of box for proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AirThompson

I'd buy everyone a pair if these drop next year. Cuz I know for damb sure they wont.
Id agree. That box is an old JB box. Sticker isnt even current.

Anything post XV retro would be a disappointment at the moment. There is so much detail in these I think JB would cut corners and they would put out another variant looking retro. But we all know theyd get eaten up by hypebeasts and resellers.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by vood99

How short is everyone's memory? The CDP XVIIs were worse than fakes and they had a 'Peel Off' sticker on the plastic trim that wasn't even 'Chrome' like the OGs.

OP's information is totally false, everything from his pictures to info is wrong.

From a manufacturing perspective, XVI, XVII, etc... were quite expensive as they were (to some extent) overengineered. These shoes had shrouds, magnets, 'chrome' plastic that scuffed like no-ones business, carbon fibre, double stacked zoom but importantly - genuine leather. 

They bundled XVI onwards with other shoes in the CDP as the lower manufacturing costs of older shoes would offset the higher costs of the newer models. Even then the CDP reproductions were terrible.

Some of you guys who had these in Grade 7 - did your Moms really drop $200 for them or did she scoop them at an outlet for almost 60% of their MSRP? You can bet that Nike/JB won't want these hitting outlets - that's why everything from I-XIV is getting butchered as the costs of reproducing them are really low and the consumer appeal is high.

Just to remind u that only the lows had the chromeFinish at the heel. The white/college blue andBlack/silver mids had dull silver paintjob finish!The white/reds were even unpainted but dyed charcoal.

This
You guys are right - I apologize as I'm still quite salty over the bootleg that was included in the CDP.

i dont even see these selling out if they do come out, but then again the show game is f***** up, pass for me tho.....

great to know they might just sit
pimp.gif

Just to remind u that only the lows had the chromeFinish at the heel. The white/college blue andBlack/silver mids had dull silver paintjob finish!The white/reds were even unpainted but dyed charcoal.

This
You guys are right - I apologize as I'm still quite salty over the bootleg that was included in the CDP.
Apology accepted ^^
But you are right, the CDP version did nothing justice to the AJ 17. It was OK to release the AJ 18 in black/red with the same suede

like the OG black/royals.

But the 17 with the suede upper looks really way off. The leather quality on the OGs were also very good.

Hope that JB releases some good 17 retros both in mids and lows.

cdp 17s were such a bizarre choice by JB. if they'd opted for a black leather retro that would have been an amazing pack with the carmines

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Patiently waiting on stealth XXs.

It'll be a decade before we see those. They are easily one of my favorite Jordan's but they aren't that hard to come by for a decent price. 

Got the washington xvii when they dropped. They were so narrow I had to go up from an 11 to a 13. This obviously did not work and I returned them after one practice. I'm a size 13 now so hopefully these'll fit better this time round

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Got the washington xvii when they dropped. They were so narrow I had to go up from an 11 to a 13. This obviously did not work and I returned them after one practice. I'm a size 13 now so hopefully these'll fit better this time round
I dont think so. Maybe they will be less snug but the shape will remain mostly.
The I, XVII and 2010 are all snug fit.

This
Apology accepted ^^
But you are right, the CDP version did nothing justice to the AJ 17. It was OK to release the AJ 18 in black/red with the same suede

But the 17 with the suede upper looks really way off. The leather quality on the OGs were also very good.

I have the White/Red XVIIs - haven't worn them in a minute due to my 'old age'. They have a smooth, yet supple full grain leather on them. Additionally, the shoe has so many little details on it that will just be an afterthough for a low quality replica.

It's also a given that JB will run their new shiny 'vinyl/leatherette' on the uppers. All the retros are flying out with that junk material so these are bound to have them.

I can't fathom how you guys are getting excited over what's guaranteed to be a garbage retro.

Apology accepted ^^

I have the White/Red XVIIs - haven't worn them in a minute due to my 'old age'. They have a smooth, yet supple full grain leather on them. Additionally, the shoe has so many little details on it that will just be an afterthough for a low quality replica.

It's also a given that JB will run their new shiny 'vinyl/leatherette' on the uppers. All the retros are flying out with that junk material so these are bound to have them.

I can't fathom how you guys are getting excited over what's guaranteed to be a garbage retro.

I'm personally hoping do they a decent job of these, however unlikely it may be. 

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Apology accepted ^^

I'm personally hoping do they a decent job of these, however unlikely it may be. 
My dude, I saw your comments on the 'Olympic' VI retro and the Olympic pack. You have to keep in mind that these were a flagship shoe when they first dropped, hence JB pulling no stops on the quality and the packaging.

The retro is gonna drop with major cost cutting. JB are going to cash in on the whole fact that it's been a decade since the OG dropped and people have forgotten how bad the CDP was. Set your expectations really low and maybe you'll be satisfied. But then again, is it OK to accept a mediocre product with a $200 price tag?

Can't believe its been 10 years already, feels like it was just the other day when I went down to FNL to buy the white/blue pair when they were an original. Everyone back in high school had em. And now they're going to retro, I'm getting old.

17's would be nice to have especially in some + colorways but hopefully they dont get crazy on the price. 

This is Not news.. Me and Solejordan Posted this along time ago that 16, 17, and 18 retro.. depending on how well sales go for first 2 colorways of each then there will be more. NAd it will be the colorways people hype for. But who know with JB now adays

i just want the lightning lows and the croc highs. straight piff

i remember when variants first first firstttt hit the seen and everybody thought they were exclusives for real and sites were able to sell for a crapload. this was like mid 02, my boy came to school with an all yellow & white pair of 17s. we were miring lol. we didnt know any better.

Last edited:
i remember back in 2001 you could not give these away

i brought the first colorway for retail and skipped the white/red until the next year for under $100.00

my white/red pair is still deadstock

i would get a retro of the 17 + one of the best jordan plus colorways

yeah the 17's sold probably better then the jordan 2012 did
but do people really want them that bad

i dont think the general sneaker public would want a retro 17
maybe a retro 16

Last edited:
i just want the lightning lows and the croc highs. straight piff
i remember when variants first first firstttt hit the seen and everybody thought they were exclusives for real and sites were able to sell for a crapload. this was like mid 02, my boy came to school with an all yellow & white pair of 17s. we were miring lol. we didnt know any better.

I remember that, high school was during the retro craze for me. Air Jordan 17 was the re-birth of the brand with MJ coming out of retirement, everyone who's anyone was interested in buying Jordans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom