Air Jordan 1's Why Did The League Band Them..

roll.gif
@ BAND

the air jordan I was NOT the shoe banned. It was another shoe. The whole "banned" campaign was used to promote the black red highs.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

the air jordan I was NOT the shoe banned. It was another shoe. The whole "banned" campaign was used to promote the black red highs.

what are those??

Released to the public�in 1985, the Air Jordan I revolutionized the basketball shoe as we know it.� The original colors were red and black and had a wingedbasketball logo on the side�above the ankle�as well as a large�Nike swoosh on the side. The original price for the shoe was only $65.� The shoe��also came�witha set of double�laces to match the two�colors.�Jordan�unveiled them in a game against the Philadelphia 76′ers�on�November 17th, 1984.�Shortly after however,the NBA banned the sneaker stating that it did not follow the on court dress code.� The NBA fined Jordan $5,000 a game for wearing them, but the ban onlycreated more buzz for the shoe.
Since the release of the Air Jordan I, there have been 21 other Jordan shoes released.� The shoe line is arguably the most popular shoe inthe world selling out in stores across the country within hours.� Jordans are being sold for up to $1,000 on ebay and�have become collector items,�as thedemand for retro Jordans continues to grow.� Everyone has their personal favorite�Jordan sneaker, but the Nike Air Jordan I is the shoe that started itall.

http://alltalksports.wordpress.com/2007/08/26/the-shoe-that-started-it-all/http://alltalksports.word...shoe-that-started-it-all/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BTVcR03UHE&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/wa...TVcR03UHE&feature=related

yeah back in 85 it was a big deal for the shoe to not be all white, especially on the court. if you think of all the force variations they were wearing backthen, they were ALL white.

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

Originally Posted by Acccord

Originally Posted by j4rote33

Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

vibrant?

laugh.gif
think he just threw that in their...
eyes.gif

No he didn't just throw that in there. And yes vibrant. The shoe was toobright and it clashed by the NBA's standards. Too much red. Not enough white.

Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

Very well explained.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Very well explained.
indeed..

MJ also got fined for the XIs he wore in the '95 playoffs. I think it was only for like two games or something like that. I used to think it was becausethe shoe was looked at as "too innovative", but apparently it was also because of uniform violation.

Originally Posted by sincere14lyfe

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

Originally Posted by Acccord

vibrant?

laugh.gif
think he just threw that in their...
eyes.gif

No he didn't just throw that in there. And yes vibrant. The shoe was too bright and it clashed by the NBA's standards. Too much red. Not enough white.
I wasn't serious
indifferent.gif

As i remeber the black/red with the white midsoles were banned right? He also wore them in the Slam Dunk contest 1985.
But during the season MJ wore the red-white-blacks.

It's BANNED dammit! Not band as in rock band or band aid. Banned = not permitted. Sorry for the rant, this has been bugging  me the last 3 days.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom