Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Jb better use nothing but the best quality which I know they wont but since Nike is raising prices also I think for that price of $180 for Retro 4's they need to collaborate and have Nike Air Jordans once again. You Hear me Jb and Nike. Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 With Nike Air if that doesn't happen keep that overpriced %@% shoe that does not represent the original.
Screw the Nike Air logo! Give me something where the midsoles don't crack/chip after the first few wear's.

The sad facts about these price increases are A) quality will not get better and B) it will not deter the mayhem of these releases. What's funny is that instead of trying to make more money by just flooding the market from jumpstreet, JB would rather increase the price to save "brand recognition" or some BS they fear will happen to the brand if shoes are readily available. Like they honestly think that all the pairs won't sell. Yes there will be a cutoff point when product doesn't move but not for models like these classic retros. The fact is Nike enjoys seeing their products sell for ridiculous prices in the secondary market because to them it solidifies them as the reigning champs, but there will be a point when a backlash will occur.

Imagine if Apple took the same approach with iPads, iPods and iPhones? I'm sure that Apple's bottom line is in no way affected by the fact that they're able to provide the amount of iProducts they have. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say I won't cop these kicks because I will. the Bred XI's have been my holy grail since I saw a classmate rocking them my junior year of h.s. in '96. But just like when the SB craze was at an all time high I'm gonna walk away from Nike's madness and prices after this release. I'm too old to be camping out for shoes and too smart to pay ridiculous prices for them, either resellers or direct buy. And let's be honest who really balls in their retros? We're not buying them because of performance, because honestly they wont hold up or provide good comfort. Most of us buy them for nostalgia and style while other's buy to part fools and their money. I've never been one to resell. Nostalgia I can overlook and style I can get just as easily from Vans, Supras, Creative Recs and Sperrys.

Originally Posted by mushka81

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Jb better use nothing but the best quality which I know they wont but since Nike is raising prices also I think for that price of $180 for Retro 4's they need to collaborate and have Nike Air Jordans once again. You Hear me Jb and Nike. Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 With Nike Air if that doesn't happen keep that overpriced %@% shoe that does not represent the original.
Screw the Nike Air logo! Give me something where the midsoles don't crack/chip after the first few wear's.
^^^ THIS ^^^ .... the whole shoe game is going south ..... i miss the good ol days when i could of walked into our mall @ 2pm and still get my 2 pairs, now it seems you have to wait line for 12+ hrs and still have trouble to coop.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Are you serious?!?!

Well It better be because they are making better quality products.
Price Increase = Quality Increase

$180 for a GR retro is kinda ridiculous.

After tax, these are gonna be close to $200.

& the Breds being $200 BEFORE tax is
30t6p3b.gif

keep dreaming on that quality stuff, matey.

Originally Posted by CowColor

LOL its funny how you guys are saying you won't buy wait till those official pictures come out and when the date gets near many of you will come back.

Remember dude, a lot of us are sneakerheads

A lot of people already have a lot of these sneakers they're retroing. Especially when you consider the frequency now. People are just getting new ones to keep dead stock or preserve their older ones. After next year with sneakers like the laneys, aquas, bred XIIIs and grapes. A lot of people up here won't have any reason to keep buying Jordans. Those are the sneakers going the highest on the resell market that aren't limited. What does JB have after that? Start releasing more gimmicks like BIN, lasering, premio and quai? That works for a limited sneaker. They think the retroing the XVI or XVIIs going to have people lined up at Christmas?

You kill off sneaker heads, and out price younger kids who are just now developing a love for sneakers and you start killing off a lot of your consumers.

I thought the Concords would retail @ $199.99 once I seen how much they increased other prices over the years

My prediction, next year will be the last good year for JB...and I have a problem saying that, because of the quality...but it will be the last good year for retros, with a lot of people getting their grails(that aren't the 3, 11 or 4) and then JB will start dying.

There's no nostalgia attached to the XV on up unless it's personal.

JB better enjoy it while they can. We already see what's become of the signature sneaker line(2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

Not gonna be able to do this any longer at these prices.......180 for a gr iv and we all no they are gonna crack......some bs.......better for you all I guess......I am soon exiting this game

inflation my a__
someone explain to me how inflation made 4s jump from $160 to $180 within months? this is rediculous, i cant lie like I wont cop because i always wanted the black/red 11s and my 4s were stolen
after this year Im done until stuff chills down

inflation my a__
someone explain to me how inflation made 4s jump from $160 to $180 within months? this is rediculous, i cant lie like I wont cop because i always wanted the black/red 11s and my 4s were stolen
after this year Im done until stuff chills down

I'm furious, but I can't say I'm shocked. It's simple economics. JB has had months to watch every single shoe sell out. Concords, BC3, WC4, etc selling for $300+. It was only a matter of time.

I'm just waiting for JB to announce that they're shipping less pairs than the Concords.....HYPE HYPE HYPE!

80% of the people in the shoe game just for money will say "Forget the price hike, I have to get even more pairs now....."

The only way to get prices back to "normal" is to stop buying them. The Elites were a test which Nike appears to have won. Now Jordan wants to test all of us.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE PRICE CEILING IS IN ORDER TO GET THE MASSES TO STOP BUYING....$400? $500? ETC.

RETRO IS ALL JORDAN BRAND HAS BASICALLY IN MY EYES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE GOING TO COP ANYTHING JB BESIDES A RETRO. WHY WOULDN'T THEY MILK IT.

WHEN THE PRICE GOES ABOVE MY CEILING THEN I'LL BE OUT.

indifferent.gif

no they wouldnt, who ever would pay even $250 plus for a single pair of GR jordans straight from the store is on drugs. unless they are gold plated and limited then sure but a regular GR with fake leather and what not. HELL NO. you must be ballin to make that comment
Ask anyone who bought the Lebron Home Elites. They're pretty much sold out, and I'm sure that will be the case for Taxi's and Miami Vices. And those are most definitely GR shoes. And if you say the comparison is unfair because it's 2 different products per se I say not true. Lebron IXs sell just as good as JB retros meaning they both have the same appeal and hype. And memphissfinest has a good point. When was the last time you looked at anything JB that wasn't a retro that kept you interested? Retro's are all JB has. That's why they won't price them too high to insure sales but they will keep testing the the price bubble till they finally see it pop. Look at the Jordan XVII. First Jordan to retail for $200. I bought a pair on clearance for $99. Then the XVIII came out the price dropped back $175. Then the XIX came out and price dropped to $160. Hmmmm.....

Originally Posted by maxdunker

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE PRICE CEILING IS IN ORDER TO GET THE MASSES TO STOP BUYING....$400? $500? ETC.

RETRO IS ALL JORDAN BRAND HAS BASICALLY IN MY EYES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE GOING TO COP ANYTHING JB BESIDES A RETRO. WHY WOULDN'T THEY MILK IT.

WHEN THE PRICE GOES ABOVE MY CEILING THEN I'LL BE OUT.

indifferent.gif

no they wouldnt, who ever would pay even $250 plus for a single pair of GR jordans straight from the store is on drugs. unless they are gold plated and limited then sure but a regular GR with fake leather and what not. HELL NO. you must be ballin to make that comment
Ask anyone who bought the Lebron Home Elites. They're pretty much sold out, and I'm sure that will be the case for Taxi's and Miami Vices. And those are most definitely GR shoes. And if you say the comparison is unfair because it's 2 different products per se I say not true. Lebron IXs sell just as good as JB retros meaning they both have the same appeal and hype. And memphissfinest has a good point. When was the last time you looked at anything JB that wasn't a retro that kept you interested? Retro's are all JB has. That's why they won't price them too high to insure sales but they will keep testing the the price bubble till they finally see it pop. Look at the Jordan XVII. First Jordan to retail for $200. I bought a pair on clearance for $99. Then the XVIII came out the price dropped back $175. Then the XIX came out and price dropped to $160. Hmmmm.....

The Elites aren't GR sneakers. Did you miss all the comments about how only 10-15,000 were released.

Freegums, cool greys and breds are GR Lebrons.

Cheap quality? Limited numbers? Hype through the roof? 180/200 dollars? If this is for every release Good %#!*%%% bye

Originally Posted by sthebest

$180 for a shoe that used to be $100 and $200 for a shoe that used to be $120??? thats $198.45 for 4s after tax and $220.50 for 11s after tax 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yeah...the end of me buying Jordans is coming VERY soon. retail is getting higher, which means resale will too. 
tired.gif

same here.  11s and olympics 7s are the only jordan releases I plan on getting.  Last year only Jordans I bought last yr were the concords. So looks like next yr nothing will be copped hopefully esp. with these BS prices.  Premium price for sub par quality 
indifferent.gif
.  Just for that I hope the Bobcats don't win the lottery 
laugh.gif
.  F U MJ and Nike.  If the quality sucks like the space jams, I'm selling them. 

Originally Posted by PTone

Sure, why not... but why stop there?? $400 sneakers for everybody!!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Are you serious?!?!

Will It better be because they are making better quality products.
Price Increase = Quality Increase

actually, u have it exactly BACKWARDS. price increase = quality DECREASING another notch.
tired.gif

**EDIT*
and WOW!!
eek.gif
GS sizes will cost what men's SHOULD be... $130
30t6p3b.gif

^Craziness

Price Increase = Quality decrease + fancy box, shoe inserts, etc....From now on I'm buying og's & previous retros when I stumble upon them. I used to think that sounded elitist, but f it. Won't be much more of a price difference now.

Back
Top Bottom