Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by Magic1978

The Elites aren't GR sneakers. Did you miss all the comments about how only 10-15,000 were released.

Freegums, cool greys and breds are GR Lebrons.
They're far from QS/Limited tho. My point is they still sold and it was a fairly readily available shoe. And saying that you won't drop $250 on a GR shoe just means you'd be glad to drop that much on a shoe that's limited so it doesnt solve anything. The fact that people still copped elites @ $250 regardless of how limited it was just proves to Nike/JB they can charge more. The best examples are  Foamposites. You can't tell me that's not a GR shoe yet it still carries a $200 MSRP and sells out. 

The only thing that surprises me about this is how long it took Nike to do it.......this was bound to happen with every release being resold for $200+++ Nike would be a fool not to capitalize on that

And dont bother complaining cause it's not gonna change anything, you wanna make a statement??? Stick to your word and dont buy them when they come out.....in a perfect world everyone would stick to that and then they would make their way to outlets and clearance racks......like they used to....remember that??!?!?!?!?!

The XI's I understand. But 180 for a IV? Screw that. Ive preached it before that the IV is the worst retro of all. It has been cut, reshaped, gutted, and cheapened to the point that it just looks plain horrible. You guys are foolish if you pay 190+ with tax for a IV. Keep raising prices JB and oversaturating the market. Eventually people will come to their senses.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

You really think a shoe that cost $120 in 2001 is gonna cost $120 in 2012?
laugh.gif
Blame inflation.
sure there some price increase, but this is obviously just because demand is high. prices dont nearly double in 10 years. value of dollar hasnt doubled.

Exactly. Take for instance the Air Flight 89s.

Yeah, and the flight 89 has relatively kept the same shape and inside padding/cushioning.  The IV is a joke and has nearly doubled in price.  
roll.gif
 Screw you JB, take that crappy IV and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Why is everyone saying:

Price Increase = Quality Increase

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality will be the same if not gradually worse as always.

Lol for sneakerhead standards, $200 is pretty reasonable for bred 11s.
laugh.gif
....Not for me though, I was really hanging on by a thread with Jordans, but this breaks it. I've sold all of my Jordans. I announce my retirement. I'm going to stick with Lebrons, and can't for those reebok retros, which are still reasonably priced with superb quality.

Tats it.. SMH JB.. no way am I spending more for to get a kick where after a few wears on the IVs there'll be some paint chipping and cracking.. Enough of this BS!! Im heading to Adidas man.

I will get the 11s. I'm now on the wall with the 4s. What happened to the last retro batch (tour yellows, nuggets, mars, military blues, pure$, black cats) where they sat on the shelves and were $115 max some $90 on sale and the freaking black cats and pures were $40 at my DTLR!

I called it!!!!

Told ya so folks!!!!!!!

I saw this coming all the way since the prior increase!!!!!

" now. whatcha gonnnaaa dooo?!?!?!"

This should be fun.

Let me see if all these dirty busted cheap material Jordans will sell out....

Hahahaha hahahaha

I hope Nike is reading this forum.

No vasaline

Not surprised. 
This will backfire later on for both resellers and JB.

Originally Posted by El Bro

The XI's I understand. But 180 for a IV? Screw that. Ive preached it before that the IV is the worst retro of all. It has been cut, reshaped, gutted, and cheapened to the point that it just looks plain horrible. You guys are foolish if you pay 190+ with tax for a IV. Keep raising prices JB and oversaturating the market. Eventually people will come to their senses.
For some reason the white cement 4s are the only 4s i like 

Originally Posted by MDkicks

Smh this is bs!!!! Oh well still getting them

All sheep, repeat this
laugh.gif
. Seriously though, Blk/Red 11's and I'm done for good. F this $200 MSRP. JB can EAD forreal.

Retail 200 plus tax for the 11s? Money hungry %%%@#% over at JB.

I think they're pushing as much as they can to see where they can max their profit. If we pay reseller prices then why not pay high prices for retail?

I overstand the pricing issue but alot of the people in the sneaker culture pay way above retail for sneakers Now. So buying what you want and not copping everything that is released. I understand the noob collectors because they building but from a og to another it won't make or break us. And do you think 200 would deter some of the hype? Yes foams cost 235 with tax and yes people are buying the elites but my point is..if you sneaker enthusiast as myself it's just a small thing to a giant. Besides you have over 6 months to prepare :/

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

No matter how much they cost, they'll STILL sell.

Just because they're "JORDANS".
tired.gif
Ehhhh, it's obviously a trend. 

There is a breaking point and it will occur.

How soon? We're gonna find out.

If you're From CA which most NTers are, you are playing $198 for a pair of 4z

Now think about that...let it sink in......

.....think about it.....

SMH at all these kids going into debt.

And they need to increase the prices on the holiday.

Not to mention that many resellers will also gang up the prices up.
30t6p3b.gif

and of course.. the quality issues which makes me vomit.
sick.gif

My hopes of getting a good pair on the release of 11s just grows thinner.
mad.gif

not surprised. air jordans have always led in regards to pricepoint.

and jb will continue to raise prices because they know consumers will continue to purchase their products.

they're not blind: they see the lines of people waiting days before the release. they also see the reseller prices.

bottom line is they know that for every 1 jordanhead that get pissed and quits the game, 2 new will join.

we only have ourselves to blame because we created the demand.

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

If you're From CA which most NTers are, you are playing $198 for a pair of 4z

Now think about that...let it sink in......

.....think about it.....
Man, I don't ever really think about it like that.

Where I live, we don't have sales tax. 

I assume I'm paying $180 for IVs and $200 for XIs.

Dang that's rough.

Back
Top Bottom